What valve's working on

Skyace65

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=18409

So just a brief recap, they are working on a major update with new maps, cosmetics and a new campaign. According to them it should be out by the end of the year, so expect it to come out late 2020.

And no new Halloween map this year, but everything from previous years and some community content will be available.

And no new Halloween map this year, but everything from previous years and some community content will be available.
And this is how Scream Fortress dies...

I couldn't care less about halloween now that they mentioned matchmaking- it's all I'm looking forward to for now !!
We’re also working on things like competitive matchmaking, perf, balance improvements
Although its gonna be a mess for sure at the start.
Ideally I'd love for them to release rocket jump tutorials, sticky jump tutorials, heal order tutorials, uber advantage tutorials- with said "matchmaking" update but they probably wont do any of that

What Valve has been working on today:
iv8F3Sf.png

I know the final result will let me and many other comp players down but just the fact that now we're 100% certain is awesome

Heres the full 12 servers, more of in an alpha state than beta since only 1 person can be connected at a time to a 24 slot server. There's automatic kicks for AFK people.

Read more.

most of the workers at valve are likely working at these percentages, but its Valve these prolly change regularly

40% VR development
17% steamos development
15% game updates
10% other projects
10% Source 2 Development but actually more just on deciding what game to update it too.
5% working steam beta
3% working next game title

i can't imagine the writers having much to do lately. But they are gifted, talented people. All of them.

lost count since 2012 how many employees work there now. but say if it was 350 and their bottlenecking pretty bad at this point, given how much their taking own for such a small studio.

Given Valves colorful flat management work with no boss structure. Yanis who did their economics and did a analysis of them. In 2012 said in interview they didn't think their policy would ever grow too 350 back when they were just under 150 but it did in 2012, however its likely reduced now. So say they need to expand, but can't the building their in skyline tower.....restricts them someway for office space.

this article suggests they are expanding, who knows.
http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...eft-bellevue-to-expand-is-valve-software.html

Its rumored for some time now Valve have been seeking new floor space in Seattle, quite possibly at a new sunset coast line of new tall buildings far from the inner city bellevue

Or perhaps they as a group have decided whatever figure their at right now, is enough. Their very careful, not to fall prey to the lure of hiring, remember the great purge? And that is where the disagreement between us gamers wanting more from them is at.

its just a guess..

from the yanis point of view its all about social science that determines the production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.

http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2013/02/varoufakis_on_v.html

Back