When do you predict we'll see Aftermath?

What is your prediction for Aftermath's release date?

• Before the end of August

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • September

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • October

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • November

Votes: 59 34.9%
  • December

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • This is Valve we are talking about, 2006 sometime.

Votes: 42 24.9%

• Total voters
colson said:
having everything you do affect your surroundings (Like they promised for HL2 which we never got).<-------I really doubt this statement
You mind justifying that statement?:frown:

f|uke said:
Day of Defeat has been "Coming Soon" since OCTOBER 2004.

Aftermath isn't even on the "Coming Soon" list yet.

This is Valve. Gotta Love 'em, but the bastards are eternally optimistic about release dates.
We will NOT see Aftermath in 2005. :dozey:

good ol' Fluke saying things as nicely as possible ;)
where ya been Flukey? :)

r2000 said:
You mind justifying that statement?:frown:

Like in the E3 vids where Gordon bumps a monitor off the table and Kliener is like do be careful. Or when you look at Alyx and shes like gordon! WTF your staring at me again!

colson said:
Like in the E3 vids where Gordon bumps a monitor off the table and Kliener is like do be careful. Or when you look at Alyx and shes like gordon! WTF your staring at me again!
Offtopic: Your nick is my last name.
On Topic: I voted December, just because I think that they've had enough time to finish it by then.

colson said:
You can bump monitors off tables. Most anything can be moved.

Secondly, that was a scripted and choreographed sequence.

r2000 said:
You can bump monitors off tables. Most anything can be moved.

Secondly, that was a scripted and choreographed sequence.

Exactly my point. Valve said things like that would happen unscripted. They stated everything you do effects your surroundings including your friends emotions ie Alyx getting pissed off when you stare at her.

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing that uber ally AI in when I got the game.

I got into HL really late, so does anyone still have those videos on a website? (Not FTP please, my router doesn't like FTP)

Boogymanx said:
I got into HL really late, so does anyone still have those videos on a website? (Not FTP please, my router doesn't like FTP)
try fileplanet thay usually have all the files. next year i say cause its gonna be big an thay have a lot on their plate allready.

Boogymanx said:
Not FTP please, my router doesn't like FTP
Sorry to be off-topic, but do you have a mainboard with Nforce4 chipset by any chance? Because I've read it has a bug to do with ftp.

edit: I've voted December. Robin said "well before end of the year", so I figured it will be *just* before the end of the year, and that's being optimistic.

pizzahut said:
Sorry to be off-topic, but do you have a mainboard with Nforce4 chipset by any chance? Because I've read it has a bug to do with ftp.
Not that I know of, Asus P5GD Pro is my mainboard, can't find it anywhere on their site

colson said:
Exactly my point. Valve said things like that would happen unscripted. They stated everything you do effects your surroundings including your friends emotions ie Alyx getting pissed off when you stare at her.

From what I recall, of the several tech demos released at E3 there was one specific demo Valve talked about being unscripted. I can't remember which one it was but it wasn't Dr Klieners Lab.

People took that statement and thought Valve said the entire game is unscripted, which is an impossibility, and ran with it.

It has been an geek urban legend every since, and you have become its 1,532,245th sucker to believe it.

Muahahahaha hahahahahamuahahahaha

/me disapears in a puff of smoke

Afterburn3r said:
november i'm betting, i don't know why, it just feels.... right

I'm for November too, it’ll probably be realised on HL2's 1 year birthday, that would feel right!

all i know is that for weeks and weeks we have been waiting and release a little bit of news now and again. Do they do this on purpose, just to keep us waiting? , and i am tired of waiting now, just give us the freakin game!!:(

A few months ago Valve said they were hoping for a September release. It's obvious it won't be out this month.. so, meh. I'm beginning to wish that Valve wouldn't speculate on release dates at all, just tell us when you know for sure.

T think I read somewhere that DoD:S, lost coast and aftermath would be realsed with three months in beetween each other...that means...9-12-3 ... march 06 :(

Samon said:
Aftermath is set for release in November.

Is that rumor or confirmed? How does it take them more than a year to make a 4 hour expansion...? I love HL but Valve is ridiculous and annoying when it comes to release dates. It's like they want us all to be on the edge of our seats for months, I think that's their strategy.. but it's irritating as hell because you have to constantly be checking for it's release.. not for days or weeks, but for months.

Valve said, November. Yes, they are pretty crappy when it comes to release dates but it isn't a strategy, they aren't trying to annoy fans...They just want to ensure the finished product is fantastic, and ultimately if the final product is awesome then I've no complaints about waiting so long.

I wish I could vote again, because now I feel like an idiot for saying September. I bet it'll come out in November, but I probably won't get it until Christmas.

According to Amazon, the "Aftermath" strategy guide from Prima is scheduled for release on November 22. Take that for what it's worth.

supersaint said:
According to Amazon, the "Aftermath" strategy guide from Prima is scheduled for release on November 22. Take that for what it's worth.

Nothing, its amazon isn't it! :p

Early December also.

I hope they do, just like last year when I opend up HL2 on xmas day and oo god I played it all day, man that was a awesome day, I want that day again but with HL2 Aftermath!

I also think it will be pretty smooth and well done if they release it in december.

I hope that they never realease it.

Samon said:
Valve said, November. Yes, they are pretty crappy when it comes to release dates but it isn't a strategy, they aren't trying to annoy fans...They just want to ensure the finished product is fantastic, and ultimately if the final product is awesome then I've no complaints about waiting so long.
Crazy old valve

Back