Where do you get your News?

I'm disappointed so many people use Jon Stewart as their sole news source, but then again it is entertaining and perhaps keeps those who wouldn't watch the news anyway marginally informed.

He covers pretty much all the major things going on in the news, so it gives me something to look up. Most of the major news networks cover tons and tons of stupid shit that I don't care about, so just having The Daily Show filter all that out and give me the bigger stuff works for me. And I'm just talking general "news." I have tons of special interests news sites that I frequent.

The only news I trust I get from NPR.

Fox and MSNBC are good fro buzz stories and headlines but mostly full of themselves and shit.

The only news I trust I get from NPR.

and yet you're still right wing conservative. how is this possible?

mostly cbc, bbc, cnn plus tons of online sources like the guardian or podcasts like this american life, democracy now etc. mainly I listen to a lot of talk radio from CBC, canada's NPR

The Guardian, plus random yahoo stories I read when checking my mail.

The Guardian, plus BBC online, BBC news, sometimes radio 4, and any newspapers lying around.

I get more specifically political news from Private Eye and George Monbiot. Sometimes I read the Economist or the New Statesman or my brother's New Internationalists.

One hour after a guy was hit by a train, there was a facebook group made about it. It's ****ing sick. It's like someone logged in from their phone or laptop and made a group about just as it happend.

But yeah it keeps me updated. Also halflife2.net.

Not that interested in news, however the news I do catch comes either from the halflife2.net forums, cnn, or the local tv stations.

and yet you're still right wing conservative. how is this possible?

Right wing conservative?
I am far from being Right Wing or Conservative. I am what you call a Libertarian. We are finically conservative and socially liberal as a general rule and we typically support small government.

Sorry if you failed to understand my position. I hope this helps you understand your mistake.

If it's on stumbleupon and looks interesting I'll read it. Most of the time stuff I read on there is posted like 5 minutes later here.

gp.se, sydsvenskan.se, dn.se, news.bbc.co.uk or halflife2.net.

If I wanna know if any cataclysmic events have transpired, I go to cnn. For the rest I usually watch a little stewart, colbert....but I also watch O'reilly just to see the other side of the house. Usually it's just two different sources reporting the same thing but with completely different viewpoints. I avoid newspapers at all costs seeing as it's 90% entertainment.

I've been using Reddit a lot lately, mainly because it's been slow at work, but even that is biased. The only real way to get the news from a non biased perspective is to see it yourself. Radio shows are horribly biased but I get bored in my car sometimes and need reasons to laugh.

Finally, I check hl2.net because, let's face it, we all like spreading the word.

I gotta say, being a member of this site has helped me see through the BS of the news networks and do my own research. So, THANKS GUYS!!!!

Back