Where do you go to find good movies?

evil^milk

Tank
Reaction score
Old or new, art or comedy films, anything films? Preferably some blog or site that has reviews.

Basically something like pitchfork for films, like metacritic or rottentomatos.

Halp me hl2.net!

^This.
And no, the arrow isn't pointing to Totoro. I was pointing at what Sedako said.

Friends and forums, just keep yer ears and eyes open.

The Pirate Bay.

Haha, how wonderfully irreverent, Bad^Hat.

Why thankyou.

Friends and forums, just keep yer ears and eyes open.
This
The Pirate Bay.

Haha, how wonderfully irreverent, Bad^Hat.
and that.

Basically, I own a huge amount of films that I have not watched, and know a huge amount of films that I do not own, and if I am ever stuck for something to watch I can remember at least a few films which I reckon to be good.

If I reckon something to be good, it's because I've been recommended it by a reviewer that I can trust or a friend that I can trust.

You could always check back through the 'movies you last watched' thread and take a note of all the films given good scores by posters whose opinions you respect. You could even make a list of said posters and then search for their posts within the thread, if you were a huge saddo lolololol

Yes. Some people have better taste, and others have worse.

Ah, but that depends what films I like! Some people may think I have bad taste whilst others may think the contrary.

Put down some movies you like and dislike and I'll judge the worth of your opinions.

V For Vendetta
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Princess Mononoke
The Matrix trilogy
Fight Club
Beetlejuice
Still Crazy

These are all films I like, btw.

You see, it's all just a matter of opinion and everyone's film likes and dislikes are different!! Point proven.

No, you're just a woman, so you like bad movies.

Yorick is never wrong. The simple act of being Yorick makes me right.

You see, it's all just a matter of opinion and everyone's film likes and dislikes are different!! Point proven.
But you're forgetting that this is the internet - where objectivity and subjectivity meet and have penis lightsabre duels.

I disagree with this because on here everyone's ideas of good movies differ greatly.

Simple solution is majority rule. If I hear very good things about a movie from virtually every one here, I know I'll probably enjoy it. And if everyone is disagreeing on it, I look to a few select people who I have very similar taste to.

Games: If Willie likes a game, I will most likely like it too
Movies: If Darkseid likes a movie, I will most likely like it too
Books: If Emporius likes a book, I will most likely like it too

Rottentomaties comes the closest since it has reviews and features with directors telling their favorite
movies. But most of the time I will find out about a movie trough accident by someone who talks about
something and then compares it to a movie, or talks about how they did something and then talk about
a movie that inspired them.

I also regularly check the rate the last movie thread, to be reminded of movies that are out.

Back