Which kind of mod do you like?

Which Mod would you like? (Read descriptions)

• Warlords

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Spec Op's

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Americas Army type game

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Black Hawk Down

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Sci-fi

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sherrill

Reaction score
What kind of mod would you rather see?

1) Warlords - Nuclear war has destroyed most of the world except a small segment. There is no laws in this segment of land. Then 2 warlords fight for the other half of the land.

2) Spec Op's - Spec Op teams take out random terrorist places.

3) Americas Army type game, but no actual countries being represented. So like Red and Blue team in a Americas Army type sceneario.

4) Black Hawk Down

5) Another Sci-fi, but diffrent then Half-life.

We are going for more of a MP experience then anything else. Tell me what you like...Or if you have an improvement or and idea on one of these.

Thanks,
Sherrill

i would really like to see a StarCraft MOD!
both SP and MP, imagine two teams of marines, medics and firebats fighting in the interior of a Science Vessel! I would really like to be a zergling to, a hydralisk, Zealot, Dark templar, ghost......I talk to much....

pls no fawking propaganda sheit like black hawk down :D
I like warlords, we once started making an afterww3 mod for unreal, never made it too far though :)
But the designdoc and ideas was cool...and that's always something aint it?

BlackHawkDown, AArmy and SpecOps would result in the same mod, more or less - it's based on modern warfare and there's already a mod in the works that will cover it (i guess).

Why does nobody think of really something different, that hasn't been announced yet ?

A Western mod ? A Pirates mod ? A Medieval / Robin Hood mod ? A funny Crazy Cartoon mod ? A Beach Racer mod ? ...

Really things like that only would be entertainment to a small group of people, and if you want a broader range of gamers then most of the people play original things.

I'd love to see a Spec Ops mod!

*pauses*

Oh yeah, I'm in the team thats making one!

*jumps up and down*

*collapses with tireness*

Originally posted by ])rStrangelove
BlackHawkDown, AArmy and SpecOps would result in the same mod, more or less - it's based on modern warfare and there's already a mod in the works that will cover it (i guess).

You guess correctly :) In Operation: CO-IN the storyline is really in each individual map. (If you want to discuss that, bring it to the 'Introducing...' thread or the Op: CO-IN Forums: http://opcoinmod.halflife.org/forums )

What kind of Sci-Fi mod would you guys like?

And something more then Starcraft because SC isnt really a FPS. It would be a totally diffrent game and would really be like SC.

So give some ideas :)

a SC fps would be so cool. somewhat like the upcoming StarCraft Ghost. but on a mass scale like mentioned. (marines and firebats and the sort).

the setup could be like NS, but actual starcraft :D

Originally posted by Sniper
I'd love to see a Spec Ops mod!

*pauses*

Oh yeah, I'm in the team thats making one!

*jumps up and down*

*collapses with tireness*

Errr, its not exactly Spec Ops, lol, more Black Ops, there is a difference!! (i shud kno, lol, i wrote tha storyline)

visit the site and decide for yourself

www.bioproductions.co.uk/shadow

go on!!

i think a mod set in a town during nuclear winter would be cool.

Originally posted by Stitch
Are you going to be creating this mod, Sherril?

I will be creating a mod. In the past I created a mod like this, that was in a poll, and made it to how the people wanted it. It was pretty successful. So now I am seeing what the people want again, and then I will go from there :).

I just like to hear people's ideas.

If there are any other ideas except the one that I put above, then please put them down.

:cheers:

-Sherrill

but some of the options run together, i must sdmit the post-apocalypse sounds cool!

oooo! i know what i want! a mod based during modern times with the conflict between NATO andd Warsaw Pact forces! and multiplayer! and relaistic wepaons! and team combat!

i know where i should go to see that!
Cold War: Melting Point

Ok you can advertise your mod in another topic. This is for something else. Next time be more mature please.

i was just following the other people that were advertising thier mod....

and i wa salso saying thats the kind of mod i like to see. modern, but war based, not anti-terrorisit tye based.

Hmm...Oh so they do it, you might as well add on to it?

Sorry if I am coming off as a prick, but I just thought it was rude. Yes it was rude of that other person too. Sorry for just getting on to you.

Some mod leaders need to grow up before starting a mod, thats all I am saying ;) This is not meant just as you. Sorry thats my flame for the month :dork:

no, i wasn't clear enough, you had every right to put me in my place.

Originally posted by Sherrill
What kind of mod would you rather see?

1) Warlords - Nuclear war has destroyed most of the world except a small segment. There is no laws in this segment of land. Then 2 warlords fight for the other half of the land.

2) Spec Op's - Spec Op teams take out random terrorist places.

3) Americas Army type game, but no actual countries being represented. So like Red and Blue team in a Americas Army type sceneario.

4) Black Hawk Down

5) Another Sci-fi, but diffrent then Half-life.

We are going for more of a MP experience then anything else. Tell me what you like...Or if you have an improvement or and idea on one of these.

Thanks,
Sherrill

i find this funny, make a BHD mod....cuz there is another leader called SHERRILL making a BHD mod for Battlefield 1942. that would be neato. people would think ur the same one :)

Sci-Fi? Hmmmm.....

Halo.

Whoops, thats copyrighted.

Hayloe

You are in a big...ring. And it's in space. and there are aliens who want to kill you. But you must do what the voice in your head tells you to do. The voice in your head also tells your friends what to do. They call you Mister Chief.

ewwww, most people here like sci-fi, I like it a little bit but not as much as modern combat :D

Back