Which one will you buy??

What one

• Total voters
Reaction score
I know this has been done to death, but now that the prices have been released im curious to see how many people are going to fork over an extra 40 bucks for gold...

ATI Voucher, upgrading to Silver. 10 bucks for DOD:S and HL:S isn't so bad, I guess.

What an outrage! $50 for HL2!? I won't pay aything higher than $2.99!

I'm going to buy the bronze package(AUS$69.05), and when the rest are finished i'll upgrade to Silver. (an extra $13 for us Australians). The Silver package is still $5 less than the Standard retail version here anyway so it makes sense.

Llyranor said:
ATI Voucher, upgrading to Silver. 10 bucks for DOD:S and HL:S isn't so bad, I guess.

This is exactly what I am planning on doing, I was thinking of the collectors for 40 but then I was like, nah, I bought this card to get the game for free and I am not going to shell out an amount that is paractically the amount of another game, but 10 dollars is certainly doable

I'm still sticking with my Retail Collector's Edition. :)

Gold and CE. I have the money and love extra stuff that comes with games. I'm a geek...whippidy flippin' do...I'll sell the DVD of HL2 on eBay and make some of the money back.

Defiler said:
Gold and CE. I have the money and love extra stuff that comes with games. I'm a geek...whippidy flippin' do...I'll sell the DVD of HL2 on eBay and make some of the money back.

Damn your dishin out 160 bucks for all that.. holy sh&t

I've got the ATi voucher, so I'll just upgrade to silver and get to play HL:S and DoD:S YIP-PA!

Peace,
Brad

Bronze (ATI coupon) - Never got into DoD so I don't care for it..

gold was tempting, but 30 bucks for a strat guide that wont be needed much and a sountrack that might be pretty cool? ill pass and use the 30 bucks i saved for the raising the bar book.

i say good job to anyone who is buying real and steam, valve need the $$$ to take on vivendi in court. hahah

alext5 said:
Collector edition preordered thru EB Games.

I also preordered a ce but when I found out I was getting RIPPED OFF I canceled and now im ordering a silver..

If i decide to go with steam, i'd get the silver. then buy the strategy guide seperately. all that other stuff is neat, but non essential. Only reason I'd keep the CE though is for the DVD format.

I'm still going Gold. I was just relieved to see that they ended up charging less than a hundred. The way I look at it is this: essentially the Gold is $30 extra (because Silver is a WAY better deal than Bronze. I couldn't stand not having DoD and HL in Source, so I'd at the very least buy that).

So I need to justify spending an extra 30. The strat isn't really necessary, I never use them anyway, but I'll definitely take a peek through it when I finish the game. I'd have paid $5 for the strat, though I'm sure it'll be 15 or so in stores. The three posters... I'm not a poster kind of guy.

The collector's box, however, caught my eye. Sounds like that's gonna be pretty cool, and now I won't feel a need to buy the boxed version later on. The hat should be pretty cool, I would have bought one for around $15 if it wasn't coming with the package.

Postcard? Stickers? Maybe I'll give them to my little bros. The soundtrack though, that I can't wait for. Sure I could download or extract the tracks for the music file and make my own CD, but I'm lazy and I want a good looking CD anyway, so I'd pay 15 for that if it wasn't coming with the Gold deal.

Basically, I feel that I'm getting a good deal for $90 (I'd be paying 95 for the items seperately), and happy to support Valve's insane (and now, worthwhile) effort.

-UnmarkedOne

i dont see any point getting silver or gold at this point. everyone will only be able to use the 'bronze' material anyway for a while. once the other games are available, ill probably upgrade to gold.

I'll also get Bronze for now, and upgrade to gold as soon as the other stuff is available.

Any word on how easy that will be to do?

Not buying through Steam. I won't be fooled by Doug's sleek marketing ploys hah! :D

I preordered HL2 CE a few weeks ago and I guess I'll just keep it.

It was $100 AU.

Gold would cost like $170 AU :|

ScRaTcH-A-HoLiC said:
Damn your dishin out 160 bucks for all that.. holy sh&t
Well, try to think of it this way...HL1 came out 6 years ago. I still to this day wear the shirt I got from pre ordering that game and I still play it on an almost daily bassis. If I get the same wear time and game play time out of HL2, which I believe I will, 160 - about 40 for selling the DVD on ebay = $120. When you think about it 120 for all the shiet I'll get and great game play with all the awesome mods that are coming out...it really doesn't sound that bad does it? I don't think I have but one game I still play as much from six years ago. And again I have the money and like stuff like this.

Can anybody else see that Valve wants people to buy through Steam.
Hence the much better packages are offered through steam.

Back