Which one will you buy??

What one

• Total voters
I want the box really badly, but I'm thinkin' silver.
All I want in the gold package is the box and the posters, I'd wear the shirt and embarass the hell out of my girlfriend but I wear size small.
No I'm not like 12, I'm just one those indie dudes who likes things small.

Silver, if I can get my hands on a CC.

Silver for me. It costs about the same as what I'd pay for the regular retail version.

Gold for sure , might brain wash my bro into getting the CE so i can have both HahahahaHAhaAHha

im going GOLD! because i have an ATI Voucher

so thats £22.50 (Sterling) for me

Wa...a...a...a...i...i...it a minute. Only 24% are buying it though steam? :rolling: :rolling:

The_Monkey said:
Wa...a...a...a...i...i...it a minute. Only 24% are buying it though steam? :rolling: :rolling:
umm...No. 75.86% are buying through steam.

It's Silver for me. It's only $10 more than buying the standard edition through retail which comes with Half-Life 2 and Counter Strike: Source, but you also get Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, and access to Valve's back catalog plus the opportunity to play CS:S now!

The real question is, why would anybody want to buy the retail version?

Retail CE, since I dont feel like preloading 2-3 gigs through my 56k connection. I could drive to the other side of the country, get a copy, then drive back before the preload was 1/4 of the way done. :LOL:

Lethal8472 said:
Retail CE, since I dont feel like preloading 2-3 gigs through my 56k connection. I could drive to the other side of the country, get a copy, then drive back before the preload was 1/4 of the way done. :LOL:

Why not just have one of your friends burn the gcf files onto disk for you??

I'm actually buying the super platinum edition myself. It costs $299 and means HL2 is unlocked immediately.

Hell, my lack of patience would almost make it worthwhile!

Not that anyone's still reading this long-ass thread, but:

poseyjmac said:
i dont see any point getting silver or gold at this point. everyone will only be able to use the 'bronze' material anyway for a while. once the other games are available, ill probably upgrade to gold.

TheSmJ said:
I'll also get Bronze for now, and upgrade to gold as soon as the other stuff is available. Any word on how easy that will be to do?

I haven't read a single thing saying you'd be able to upgrade. The only 'upgrading' I've heard of is the ability that ATI-voucher-holders have (by the way, I think they only get this option once, you can't use your voucher to buy Bronze now, and upgrade to Silver later, for example). As I understand it, you'd buy Bronze for $50, initially, and then if you wanted Gold, you'd have to pay another $90 for a second HL2 package.

It doesn't bother me either way, because I'm buying Gold in about 20 minutes, but for those hoping to upgrade like posey and TheSmJ, I'd definitely research this a little so you don't get screwed later.

-UnmarkedOne

I have a question, when you preload it, you can put all of the files on a DVD? But how do you get the files off of it, and continue playing...or something...(I'm such a newb...)

I believe you just copy them to the same DIR when you reinstall steam.

Back