Who do I have to blow to get a copy of the database?

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
For posterity's sake of course.

I would never do anything malicious.

Know what I want?

I want a copy of the old minecraft server map.

I was looking for that just last month.

I too have wanted to get a copy of the DB at some point just to make sure it's safe for history. Although tbh our SEO was so high back in the day that practically the entire forum is probably archived in google cache and wayback machine.

If you guys find any of the early Minecraft server maps let me know, I would LOVE to go for a trip down memory lane. Especially the very first server (with the skyway and stuff) where we were all just learning our way around Minecraft... god there were some ugly buildings on that server and so many pyramids.

If I remember correctly the next server was the one with the medieval village/sewers/cathedral and Operational Plaza and stuff.

Randomly decided to drop by and saw this. I actually have the last working state of the old MineCraft server.
Can't vouch for it's integrity. I was able to load it up with the old version files I had saved along with it and it worked. Tried to convert it to the latest version and it didn't go as well.

I can upload what I have to dropbox or some other file sharing if you guys want to have a crack at it.

Randomly decided to drop by and saw this. I actually have the last working state of the old MineCraft server.
Can't vouch for it's integrity. I was able to load it up with the old version files I had saved along with it and it worked. Tried to convert it to the latest version and it didn't go as well.

I can upload what I have to dropbox or some other file sharing if you guys want to have a crack at it.
oh please do!! If you could post the version files as well (or at least let us know what the build number was) that would be awesome.

Is this the server that had the medieval themed walled town + giant throne room and cathedral?

This was the first server from the alpha. I had some issues with the files and after trying a few fixes was able to get the world running. This upload will work with the latest version on MineCraft(1.10) and I was able to go from spawn to my house so it seems stable enough.

Download

Edit: Some screenshots
7sV7HIf.jpg

The view from my house, you can see the waterfall tower and Ennui's fortress in the distance.

cncvfj9.jpg

The lava waterfall that someone turned into an awesome looking home. (This was big server drama)

Last edited:
This was the first server from the alpha. I had some issues with the files and after trying a few fixes was able to get the world running. This upload will work with the latest version on MineCraft(1.10) and I was able to go from spawn to my house so it seems stable enough.
Quix, you're a god damn delight. So much nostalgia!

I remember logging in for like an hour just to see what people had done, and I remember that house. Was pretty cool.

I remember logging in for like an hour just to see what people had done, and I remember that house. Was pretty cool.
I remember some gaudy as **** gold/diamond block/glass/lava monstrosity somewhere.

God Raziaar...ennui?? I haven't been here for ages, good to see you guys are here.

What happened to the domain halflife2.net?

Someone let it lapse.

I'm reviving this, still fully with the intention of getting that database.

iirc there are security concerns with databases
tf2r also just shut down and some people want the database

Back