who wants a free copy of Half Life 2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bryanf445
you can take that copy and shove it up your ***

amen brother.

My original plan was to take this copy and shove it up Valve's ***, but then I figured there were many less fortunate people out there who might appreciate this game more than I did.

Good idea. Some guy came through yesterday in a bad state 'cuz he got the UK DVD but doesnt have a DVD drive.
Tell him to register his game on steam and download it off of steam

Well, here's my history. I live in Brazil, and since I heard about HL2 (like 2 years ago) I started to hold every cent that I've won to buy a computer for me. Then, this year, in April, I finally got it up and running. It's not the best guy in the town, but with the money that I had, it's the best I did.

Then, HL2 is out. Everyone says that it's the best FPS ever created. My PC is here, waiting for the game, but unfortunatelly, I can't play it. Why?

Well, here in Brazil the game is being sold for "114 reais". Something like 100 dollars for you Americans. Yeah, it's just that expensive.

But I didn't gave up, and started to hold all of my money again to buy it. But, my dad asked me if I had some money, so he could pay the house bills, and I couldn't tell him that I was empty.

Well, now I'm here, without HL2. I've crossed to a thousand sites that has illegal copies of the game, but I didn't download it. Well, I think that Valve deserves the money from what they did, but, sadly (for me), they can't win my money with the current situation here in my house.

Well, that's it.

And thanks for being so cool to give this chance to other people to win it. And sorry about my english.

Felipao:
While your story is not as moving as the one about the guy who sold his house in order to pay for the treatment of his disease, for some reason it sounds more believable and sincere.

Hang on in there buddy, you might as well win a free copy of the game :)

And what about me, me still don't have Hl2.
I want it so badly... and my grandmother died last week so maybe I can use this game to forget for a second.. and have fun I my life again

Can I have it to give to my mate? He is so poor he will do anything for money. I offered him 10p to eat his pet rat, Steve. He said, 'Phil, I would do, but I had to eat the rat for fookin breakfast i'm so poor'. He didn't even have anything to garnish it with...

PS I don't really have any mates, i just made that up.

You think i'm making this up? (it's true), lol read LGonForum's story, besides he already got HL2 if his friend wanna play it why don't LGonForum invite him to his house and let him play.

O'Neill didn't you say in a previous thread it took you 2 days to finish HL2?

Props if you come through on this, Odysseus. Felipaopl sounds like a good candidate.

What exactly were you expecting from the game Odyssesyssusussysysuss?

Either
1. You're just another typical November 2004 whinging nooblor, which we seem to have in excess at the moment.

2. You never watched 1 bink video and created your own expectations of the game which were never going to be lived up/created.

3. You watched all the bink videos but started imagining moments/scenes in the game that would never eventuate. You created an impression in your mind that could never be lived up to unless you were somehow telepathically linked to Gabe's brain and he could tell his workers to create the scenes. In the end the game was nothing like you expected.

Either way, WE HAD hours of BINK footage. We knew exactly what the atmoshpere, feel and gameplay of Half-Life 2 was going to be like. That's what got me so excited about the game in the first place but i made sure i didn't start imagining too many extra things as i've over-hyped myself for a game before (Jedi Knight 2) and was extremely disappointed in the end.

i would appreciate a copy of it. if it is still available, send me an email at [email protected] because i would like to try it but i can't afford it at this point in time.

Odyseeus...get a life...
Playing games seems to be much more than just a hobby for you...that's sad...
BTW: HL2 is a good game, it's not as good as i was expecting, but it was worth the money...unfortunately, not the wait, but o well.

You created an impression in your mind that could never be lived up to unless you were somehow telepathically linked to Gabe's brain and he could tell his workers to create the scenes. In the end the game was nothing like you expected.

I wanted Gabe to be reasonable.

As for the second part of that paragraph, yes, the game was nothing like I expected. I expected something along the lines of Half Life 1, which is what got me to buy HL2 in the first place...

Headwires said:
rofl, man u guys are gaggin for an extra copy, don't be so greedy ;)

Feh. I bought my copy from amazon.com and they didn't send it to me until the 22nd.
Well, the dude I'm talking about isn't as bad off as I made him sound. He does have a fortunate family and all. but it sure would alieviate all the good/hard work he does.
if I wanted a second copy, I'd just open up a box from wal-mart and write down the serial number.
Show some compassion. And like I said..... he lives in West Virginia for cripes sake. how worse off can you get???

EDITED
O'Neill said:
You think i'm making this up? (it's true), lol read LGonForum's story, besides he already got HL2 if his friend wanna play it why don't LGonForum invite him to his house and let him play.

Sorry, I live in Virginia Beach, He moved up to wv for his mom, and cheap community college courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back