Who's looking forward to Mass Effect 2 ?

I think that's pretty much spot on, Kadayi, they'd have to keep the characters with potential first-game deaths from the squad.

No squad Wrex ;( Grunt better be awesome

Incidentally someone posts on the RPS comments with the same handle, is that you?

I'd like to be wrong on this, as I like Wrex. I'm just looking at it from the integration angle with regard to the players storyline, and I'm just thinking it's a case of diminishing returns Vs ever increasing costs for Bioware to carry those characters through fully. Esp if they continue the trend with the 3rd title as well.

If memory serves me correctly at the end you are presented with a choice as to whether to save the Council or not during the final conflict. Given that if you said Nay, it means they'd need different voice actors in for the replacement council leaders for those 3 characters, my expectation is that the best your interactions with the old/new council with be in ME2 is probably going to happen in the shape of a brief Cameo, before they cut you loose to go undercover.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Bioware kill off either Tali, Garrius or Liara (I'm sure she will turn up at some point) simply in order to wring an OMFGNUD moment from the player base, at such a crime. I'm just hoping it's not Garrius or Tali. :frown:

Yes that's me posting at RPS. I use the same handle or thereabouts (Kadayi_polokov, Kadayi-Polokov) around the internets generally, and so far I haven't encountered any Dopple-gangers (who'd want to be me? I'm a Kant anyhows). Though I'm not this guy:-

http://www.realraptalk.com/members/kadayi-729807

Because I do know who Rakim is (and he wants to be paid in full). :hmph:

Grunt is basically the "WOO YEAH SKULLF*CK EVERYTHING YEAH KILL DIE OH GOD AAAGHHHHHH YEAH DIE" and "I'M SUCH A WRECKLESS BADASS LOL" character, rather than the "Chillin' an tellin' stories while discussing the finer points of being a reptilian alien with four testicles" and "SHEPARD" character Wrex was.

Of course I'm just basing this off of his reveal trailer.

I hope be he says 'EXTREME' a lot during firefights. I'm going to enjoy hanging back whilst he draws the bullets.

DAMNIT KADAYI! STOP FILLING MY HEAD WITH POSSIBLE SPOILERS! LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA!:frown:

I am sad panda nows!:|

Garrus and Wrex are my favourite characters, I would like to think that both return as squadmates, but that looks unlikely (matters are made worse by the fact that the first two characters they revealed look kinda crappy).

Is there going to be a new Turtle dude? Because Wrex died in my game. ( I was actually happy with that, even though I liked him, it made for a good cinematic)

Edit: Gawd that new chick character is awful.

Double Edit: Yeah, that new Turtle dude sucks. But I do like the new Abe Sapien looking humanoids.

I enjoyed Mass Effect very much, will definitely pick this up.

None of the characters were good.

Given that ZB is expressing his preference I think it's safe to say that he's referencing the characters that existed rather than the fictitious ones in your head. One can only measure against that which exists rather than that which doesn't.

I think I would actually rather play a Jade Empire 2 than a Mass Effect 2.

None of the characters has any real character. Ashley was the badass racist bitch, Wrex was the badass coldbooded dude, bluealien****buddy was an aloof idealist scientist, kaiden was a pussy, garrus was a rational vigilante, Tali was the little girl with spunk... but none of them went beyond any of that. You could see their entire personality right on the surface and nothing went any deeper.

Give me an Allistair, Morrigan, Caiden, Bastilla, HK-47, or Bao-Dur over all those characters.

Ashley sucked. Got rid of her first chance I got. Only good characters were Garrus, Tali, and Rex IMO.

One of the things I didn't like in ME was the inability to have a conversation with your party members outside of the ship for the most part. I felt you really got to know your companions well in KOTOR by simply talking to them whenever I felt like it. I hope they've changed this for the sequel.

Haven't read the thread as I've put myself under a media blackout on this game, but I'm severely psyched for it. Sounds like it's going to be Mass Effect with all the boring parts made better, which would make for an amazing game.

One thing I wanted when I played Mass Effect was

1. Ship-to-ship combat

2. Ability to board an enemy ship after disabling it

3. I know BioWare would never implement such open-ended features because then players would expect experience points for'em, and BioWare has a rule that gives a set max of how much experience points you can get out of the game, part of the reason they don't include "Infinitely available random fights" ala the Final Fantasy series and many other JRPGs.

The party members in ME left a little to be desired, DA and Jade Empire both had deeper followers. That said, I'm still very much looking forward to the sequel, and I'm hoping it will fix a few nagging problems that were present in the first.

One thing I wanted when I played Mass Effect was

1. Ship-to-ship combat

2. Ability to board an enemy ship after disabling it

3. I know BioWare would never implement such open-ended features because then players would expect experience points for'em, and BioWare has a rule that gives a set max of how much experience points you can get out of the game, part of the reason they don't include "Infinitely available random fights" ala the Final Fantasy series and many other JRPGs.

If you read the fluff, ship battles take place with each ship miles and miles away from each other. Boring.

I'm not really sure what that means, could you tell us more
He's still venting over Van Buren's stillbirth.

Oh yeah, I liked ME1's story and tbh, I still haven't gotten around to finishing it. My only wish list for part 2 is more detailed and varied planetary terrain and exploration. I love that idea from ME1, but the surface overworlds on all the side mission planets for some reason were very bland in comparison to the main story planet surfaces. The sacifice of some of the RPG elements in favor of more fluid combat doesn't bother me so bad. I just hope they don't try to make it like GoW. Squad tactics in that game sucked. At least in ME, squad tactics aren't strictly forced on the player.

oh and, MOAR EXPLORATION!!!

Exploration is only fun if there's something interesting to find, and if it's interesting it will be part of the main story arc. Otherwise... waste of money basically. Bioware aren't retards like Bethesda.

Exploration is only fun if there's something interesting to find, and if it's interesting it will be part of the main story arc. Otherwise... waste of money basically. Bioware aren't retards like Bethesda.
What's with the Bethesda hating? I thought they improved the looting system from Oblivion in Fo3, which btw DID suck if your playing Vanilla Oblivion or on the consoles.

Slightly off topic, but I'm enticed to grab copies of the original Fallouts from somewhere that isn't digital distribution. Anyone know where I can get hard copies of Fo1&2?

I kind of wonder where do you people get the impression that I don't like Mass Effect. I like it and it's a good game, but it certainly doesn't have a creative or original plot and the gameplay is pretty unpolished.

The thing that Bioware does to piss me off about dialog choices is make a conversation that really only offers one kind of good or evil. If you choose an evil dialog option, it could be anything from a simple, "You're a f*ggot" kind of remark to, "I'M GONNA F*CK YOUR SKULL AFTER I KILL YA," but nothing in between. Yeah, you can be good, neutral, or evil, but you really have no control of personality beyond that.

With that said, being an asshole is hilarious fun.

My favorite part about being renegade is giving the mission updates to the council:

*Connect*
"You'd better not cut us off like last time, Shepard!"
*Disconnect*
"Whoops!"

Once I had a conversation with Wrex during which I had to go do something else, so I said goodbye in the middle of the conversation. It came out like so:

"I dont really care, Wrex."
"Shepard."

Also I agree with you Willie. After seeing what they were capable of with Dragon Age, I'm really hoping they expanded the variety of the dialogue choices, though from the videos I have seen that doesnt seem likely...

My favorite part about being renegade is giving the mission updates to the council:

*Connect*
"You'd better not cut us off like last time, Shepard!"
*Disconnect*
"Whoops!"
Shepard: "The Council can kiss my ass!"
Council: "Commander, is this some kind of game? Are you calling in a report just so you can cut us off again?"
Shaprd: "You know it!"

*silence*

Joker over intercom: "That never gets old, does it?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy-eRfupYbA

Man, the guy who does the voice acting for male shepard is terrible compared to the female one.

The new Biotic Armor looks badass. I might have to switch to the Renegade just so I can use it.

Also, I was unaware that you could let the council die in the first one...

Back