Who's looking forward to Mass Effect 2 ?

and will be released on Microsoft Windows and the Xbox 360[7][8] in North America on January 26, 2010, and in Europe on January 29, 2010.

I've never played the first one, but - cool, a Windows version. Judging by the hype this should be good, so I'll probably pick this up.

I can't wait for the austrailian bird to make an appearance. There are some fine looking pixels right there!

how was Mass Effect on PC? were the controls right? was it a shitty console port?
reason I ask is, I think I'd rather play the sequel on my PC

how was Mass Effect on PC? were the controls right? was it a shitty console port?
reason I ask is, I think I'd rather play the sequel on my PC

I liked it and thought they did a good job porting it (apart from forgetting to put the textures in on that one mission...). It ran pretty well and the mouse support was quite good. Also the mako was actually driveable (I hear its handling was less than stellar in the 360 version) and the DLC was free. Which was nice.

is Mass Effect 2 being developed in the same manner or are Bioware building the PC version from the ground up?

Far as I know all development for all versions is being done in-house at bioware.

Preordered after picking up The Saboteur (GREAT game btw) yesterday. God damn it January 26 can't come soon enough.

I would just like to say, having read nothing and watched no trailers ... I'm still damn psyched for this game.

Epic is a word used lots in the industry, and too often as a misnomer. But Mass Effect is epic. In the true narrative sense of the word.

I just pre-ordered the CE of ME 2 at Gamestop, with in-store credit (just traded in two games I don't play anymore). This is probably the first time I have purchased the CE of any game.

I really want the CE but the UK has the worst combination of pre-order bonuses of practically anywhere in the world and I'm pretty sure you get neither of the pre-order armours with the CE.

Goddamn I hate pre-order bonuses. Especially on games where I know that my OCD nature will be appealed to and I'll have to complete EVERYTHING. ;(

I really want the CE but the UK has the worst combination of pre-order bonuses of practically anywhere in the world and I'm pretty sure you get neither of the pre-order armours with the CE.

Goddamn I hate pre-order bonuses. Especially on games where I know that my OCD nature will be appealed to and I'll have to complete EVERYTHING. ;(

It will almost definitely be coming to Steam dude & no doubt have cool stuff with it, so chill Winston ;)

I got the first on 360 but I'm very tempted to get this on PC... hmmm. What to do I wonder?

I got the first on 360 but I'm very tempted to get this on PC... hmmm. What to do I wonder?

My recommendation is get the second for the 360. Your first game's save files are on the 360 after all. That's what intrigues me about this game. How does my decisions from the first impact the second.

Is the PC version going to be released at the same time as the 360 this time around?

Well, to be fair, DA was compressed a lot to fit onto one disk (art assets). But, I did hear ME2 was supposed to be a little longer than the first. Also, the side missions on the uncharted worlds are supposed to be varied and more interesting, with unique content (called "N7" missions). Overall, it seems like it'll be a more entertaining experience than the first.

EDIT: Another thing that has been said about the game, is the replayability factor has been stepped up big time. Can't wait.

Yep, they are released simultaneously this time around. The PC version is also done by BioWare in-house instead of lent off to Demiurge. While Demiurge did an alright job on improving the interface for the PC port of the original, there were way too many bugs and hardware compatibility issues, and their Pinnacle Station DLC was just plain bad. If Dragon Age is any indication of the quality of BioWare's PC department these days, Mass Effect 2 will play best on it for sure.

exactly what I'm thinking
gonna get it for PC this time 'round

If you have the original on the 360, I suggest getting ME2 for that.

You won't really get the full awesomeness of ME2 unless you play with an ME1 save, since BioWare has said that -ALL- your decisions from ME1, including sidequests etc, have changes on story etc in ME2.

I find that hard to believe... I'm pretty sure main story elements, like the ending you chose and which characters lived or died, will carry over, but I doubt minor side-quests will have lasting consequences.

I'm just saying what BioWare said.

Well I am glad of this, I do wish to keep my bad ass version of Shepherd, being a dick is just so much fun haha.

I find that hard to believe... I'm pretty sure main story elements, like the ending you chose and which characters lived or died, will carry over, but I doubt minor side-quests will have lasting consequences.

Dude, I bet 'The Fan' totally turns out to be the villain in the 3rd game and is in cahoots with the body of battia what'sherface and those Dirty Eden Prime Smugglers, so you watch yourself ;)

This is the type of game that will pull me away from my other games for a long time

O.K. if you don't want to know ME 2 spoilers look away

...later on in a conversation with Mass Effect: Galaxy's Jacob Taylor, it's revealed that Shepard was found on the planet as nothing but pieces of burnt flesh, scattered over a large area. So Shepard pretty much gets resurrected by Shepard With a significant portion of his body being cybernetic

Don't know what to think of this.

The supporting characters look much more diverse than the ones from the first game.
Combat seems to have been improved too. Classes actually stand out from each other this time around.
My only worry is the fact that Shepard can permanently can die from a decision you make. From what i have heard, you won't be able to load an earlier save after it. Something which i find rather stupid. Things like that don't add to the drama. They just annoy the **** out of me.

They would have some sort of fail-safe in place, it would be a major design flaw to have the player have to start the entire game again because you died via a decision you made. It could be a decision that effects the outcome at the end of the game.

My understanding was that decisions and performance in ME2 can decide Shepard's fate at the end of the game. You would not be able to continue that character into ME3 if he/she died.

Or at least something to that effect. I think they need to spell it out more. However, they have said that the game should give you a pretty good indication whether you or your party members are going to make it.

For the record, Bioware has stated quite a few times that your decisions in sidequests in ME1 WILL influence certain events in ME2, not sure about "lasting" consequences or whatever, but things will be different depending on your actions in the first game sidequests. And I don't know if they meant ALL sidequests, or just certain ones.

quick question, do I need to go back to my play through 1 character now or do you think it will let me decide which character i want to continue with?

I'd say it'll let you decide, provided you have end game save files for them.

Watched the new video on xbox live market place and I can honestly say I'm not getting this game.

Back