Why the Israel/Palestine conflict isn't one sided...

it isnt one sided because some monster israeli officer riddled a little girl with bullets? that doesnt make sense (or maybe it does... elaborate?)

No, it's very true both sides of the conflict are very, very wrong.

What is the whole Israel/Palestine conflict about?

arabs hate jews, jews move in, hillarity insuses.

After WWI, Britin gave Palsetine to the zionist movement.
They basically massacred all the arabs and drove them out of thier homes, then brought jewish setterls to take their place.

http://www.un.org/Depts/dpa/ngo/history.html

All but one of these Mandated Territories became fully independent States, as anticipated. The exception was Palestine where, instead of being limited to "the rendering of administrative assistance and advice" the Mandate had as a primary objective the implementation of the "Balfour Declaration" issued by the British Government in 1917, expressing support for "the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people".

You need to go further back to the WWI. After the combined British/Arab army defeated the Turks, the British and French came up with the Sykes/Pico treaty(I might have spelled the names wrong). This also set up a new government in Iraq as well. Read up about Lawrence of Arabia (T.E. Lawrence). It's a fascinating read. It may also go back to as far as the time of King David.

Personally I am uneducated about the subject of why Israel is scorned by the arabs.

What I do know is that arab communities dislike the US because we support Israel. At least, that is what Osamma says.

So stop supporting Israel you say? That might be a good idea if millions of people wouldn't be slaughtered as a result. The arabs could overrun the jews and kill them all or the Jews could nuke the arabs. Either way millions of lives are lost.

The only logical choice is to keep supporting israel and fighting the war on terror for the goal of saving lives. Yes this puts american lives at stake and commits the US to an ongoing fight in the middle east. American lives will be lost. The weight of those lives are no more than those of a jew or an arab. It is selfish to think otherwise.

With that in mind, knowing that supporting israel or not is going to lead to lives being lost, the best choice, in my opinion is to continue supporting Israel and fighting the war on terror.

If we continue fighting terrorists on their home turf the less resources they will have to bring terror to the US. The more radicals we kill in Iraq the less that will be sent abroad.

You might say that the act of killing the terrorists breeds more. I concur, that is probably fact. However, with the installations of demcracies and the majority of the populace supporting democratic ideals I believe peace will take hold.

Sorry for the long rant.

hasan said:
After WWI, Britin gave Palsetine to the zionist movement.
They basically massacred all the arabs and drove them out of thier homes, then brought jewish setterls to take their place.

http://www.un.org/Depts/dpa/ngo/history.html

that's an amazing amount of bull**** in one sentence there hasan.

1. valid historical fact: there has never...EVER been a nation called "palestine"...EVER

2. valid historical fact: the region of palestine got it's name in 135AD when the roman emperor got sick of the jews revolting all the time and kicked them out, then renamed the roman province of "judea" to "palestina"

3. the ancient philestines were not arabs, but of phoenecian descent...they did not even speak a semetic language.

so therefor the arabs are really harking for old jewish land, that they claim, even though it was never theirs.

israel is an incredibly small country, you only realize it on looking at a map after reading so much news about it.
the old jewish land theory is crap, what hapeened or is supposed to have happened thousands of years ago. what matters is in the last half century the jews have gone from being an oppress race to the people who run one of the most tyrannical regimes in the world. the reason given for every atrocity is go look at aushwitcz (spelling?). anyone heard of vanunu?

no the only reason our (american) presidents support israel is because Jesus is going to return and anyone who doesn't stand with israel will be destroyed.
And the point of this thread is to show that it isn't always the "evil" palestinians who commit these atrocities.

Innervision961 said:
no the only reason our (american) presidents support israel is because Jesus is going to return and anyone who doesn't stand with israel will be destroyed.
And the point of this thread is to show that it isn't always the "evil" palestinians who commit these atrocities.
who ever said they were. they do commit a lot of atrocities and thanks to people like arafat have made very poor political choices. clinton should have been able to make more effective peace between them, the palestinians lack the diplomats and have plenty of people willing to kill themselves for the sake of a handful of israeli civilians.

Innervision961 said:

Maybe its because Israel has been the subject of Muslim violence over the last 50 years. Just a thought

Maybe its because Israel has been the subject of Muslim violence over the last 50 years. Just a thought

maybe its because israel is a country that exists on occupied land. maybe if you werent so religiously biased you'd use the term palestinian instead of muslim. maybe you know that every time a suicide atack takes place, the israelis send a bunch of tanks into the palestine area, blow up a few houses, kill some ppl.

the area of palestine was owned by britain. britain gives it to jews. thus, they are not occupying. i cant make it any simpler than that. the palestinians have consistently proven they do not respond to diplomacy, and israel, obviously unwilling to back down, replies with exactly what the state mandated terrorists give them.

maybe its because israel is a country that exists on occupied land. maybe if you werent so religiously biased you'd use the term palestinian instead of muslim. maybe you know that every time a suicide atack takes place, the israelis send a bunch of tanks into the palestine area, blow up a few houses, kill some ppl.

Yeah, because Palestinians invaded Israel in 1948, 1967, and 1973 correct? Wrong. It was the collective group of Israel's Arab neighbors that led the assault. So maybe I'm not as religiously biased as you once thought. Maybe you had no recollection of those wars, but it is more likely you had no idea what I was referring to.

egon said:

ROFL!

speaking of "occupied land" when is the US going to give back the occupied land it has? more specifiaclly how about YOU?

since i am cherokee you could give me YOUR land and house that is "occupied", and if your not willing to do this why should anyone else be?

just think of the example you could set! you know what they say, "actions speak louder than words".

here are some easy questions for you:

1. should the united states cede back the land they took after the forced removal of the cherokee nation? if not, why?(the borders of the cherokee nation were recognized By the US supreme court in 1830) when chief justice marshall told president johnson what he was doing was illegal, his reply was "then let the chief justice enforce it"

2. what exactly is the statute of limitations on a ethnic group having a claim to land proven to be thiers by the historical record and archealogical evidence?

3. where's my house you occupier!

I'm in australia right now, but I'm not aussie, i'm indian. but this isnt a question of nationality, I disagree with many things my country has done, there are americans who oppose the iraq invasion etc. Its a matter of personal opinions.
2. what exactly is the statute of limitations on a ethnic group having a claim to land proven to be thiers by the historical record and archealogical evidence?

exactly. in 1948 maybe that could be questioned. now the only resolution is to have two different independent countries.
and i'm not muslim, so let that not be a misunderstanding.

one of the few near neutral accounts I've seen online of the problem

http://www.newsbatch.com/israel2.htm

I've deliberately avoided giving links that support my perspective.

In the present situation, Iraq is militarily far more powerful than its neighbours. They are the only ones with a nuclear programme (google mordechai vanunu if you dont kno waht I mean). and the palestinians are an oppressed minority in their own land.

and the word muslim is still wrong. maybe you can name the nations, whatever. there are more muslims who have never been part of a country that invaded israel (invasion is your term note im not agreeing to that defintion here) than those who have.

egon said:
I'm in australia right now, but I'm not aussie, i'm indian. but this isnt a question of nationality, I disagree with many things my country has done, there are americans who oppose the iraq invasion etc. Its a matter of personal opinions.

exactly. in 1948 maybe that could be questioned. now the only resolution is to have two different independent countries.
and i'm not muslim, so let that not be a misunderstanding.

one of the few near neutral accounts I've seen online of the problem

http://www.newsbatch.com/israel2.htm

I've deliberately avoided giving links that support my perspective.

In the present situation, Iraq is militarily far more powerful than its neighbours. They are the only ones with a nuclear programme (google mordechai vanunu if you dont kno waht I mean). and the palestinians are an oppressed minority in their own land.

and the word muslim is still wrong. maybe you can name the nations, whatever. there are more muslims who have never been part of a country that invaded israel (invasion is your term note im not agreeing to that defintion here) than those who have.

you still do not seem to realize some historical facts. you mention "palestinian land" the has never been a "palestine" there is no distinct palestinain culture, most palestinians are EGYPTIAN and jordanian, including the late terrorist yasser arafat(who even spoke the egyptian "dialect" of arabic). arabs already have 80% of the land that was once the region of palestine..it is called jordan. many jews lived there even since the roman expulsion of 135AD; and your also ignoring the fact a great many palestinians do not want to co-exist or have 2 nations...they want it ALL and will keep killing until they get it.

the 1948 war is a perfect example that even the land outlined by the UN was too much, and as soon as israel proclaimed itself as an independant state with the borders as outlined by the UN in 1947 they were met with calls for their annhiliation and attacked the next day by egypt, jordan, syria, saudi arabia, and iraq...this is very telling as it demonstrates that the arabs will not tolerate an isreal ANYWHERE.

historical accounts also describe the desolation of "palestine". most of the modern palestinians are themselves recent immigrants from egypt, jordan and other surrounding countries, the palestinians had/have it much worse in jordan(who has killed MANY more palestinains than israel has!), a failed attempt by arafat to overthrow the hashemites led to his expulsion, he met with better success with the anti jew angle...and the rest is mostly ignored history.

goodnight! it is rather late here :)

Shad0hawK said:
ROFL!

speaking of "occupied land" when is the US going to give back the occupied land it has? more specifiaclly how about YOU?

since i am cherokee you could give me YOUR land and house that is "occupied", and if your not willing to do this why should anyone else be?

just think of the example you could set! you know what they say, "actions speak louder than words".

here are some easy questions for you:

1. should the united states cede back the land they took after the forced removal of the cherokee nation? if not, why?(the borders of the cherokee nation were recognized By the US supreme court in 1830) when chief justice marshall told president johnson what he was doing was illegal, his reply was "then let the chief justice enforce it"

3. where's my house you occupier!

first of all, u lost 100 years ago. admitt it. you now just want to be
an independant group. fine have that, but mean while, join up in the american pot, dont just sit there bitching for land, do somthing like be apart of society,

im not going to say Indian or Native American because we keep finding of white skelletons but, the cherokee had something called scalping if i remeber, so ur all not that innocent eaither

on another note, y do people buy into the palestinian thing? they only called themselves palastinian in the 70's just to get sympathy.

Eg. said:
first of all, u lost 100 years ago. admitt it. you now just want to be
an independant group. fine have that, but mean while, join up in the american pot, dont just sit there bitching for land, do somthing like be apart of society,

you miss the entire point, i am not "bitching" about "losing" but rather demonstrating how hypocritical it is for people to whine and moan about the people of isreal being "occupiers" the israelis fought to move to the land of their ancestors, they fought 3 wars to keep it, they have earned it.

as for being a "part of society" i work, i pay taxes, and am a veteran of the military(1987-91) i have probobly done more than you since you seem to want to make this a personal issue.

Eg. said:
im not going to say Indian or Native American because we keep finding of white skelletons but, the cherokee had something called scalping if i remeber, so ur all not that innocent eaither

on another note, y do people buy into the palestinian thing? they only called themselves palastinian in the 70's just to get sympathy.

can you name one instance of a cherokee scalping a white man? besides scalping was practiced by the americans first, a few tribes actually adopted the practice as "payback"

as for people buying into the palestinians BS i really do not know, as i mentioend in other posts in this thread there is no such thing as a "palestinian"

Shad0hawK said:
can you name one instance of a cherokee scalping a white man? besides scalping was practiced by the americans first, a few tribes actually adopted the practice as "payback"

as for people buying into the palestinians BS i really do not know, as i mentioend in other posts in this thread there is no such thing as a "palestinian"

i take back all of my remarks against the native american people, the fact we agree that there are no plastinians makes me willing to eat crow

Lets give the roman empire's countries back to the city of Rome. :cheese:

http://patrobertson.com/teaching/TeachingonIsraelTerritory.asp
it's all about religion.

I don't know why do I have to repeat myself. Israel established itself by massacring the arab population, hence it's existance is illegal; yes Israel have absolutly no right to exist.
The very basis of its existance is genocide. why the hell would I give away my land for people who came and massacred my people?

some israelies or pro-israel americans use the argument "well that's how america got it's land, and if that's bad then america is bad, but since america is good, then israel is good."
that's ridicolous, so, since I did this bad stuff then it is not bad! omg how can it be bad? that's what we did!!! so, since goodness is defined by what we do, it's ok to massacre a whole lot of people and steal thier land.

hasan said:
it's all about religion.

I don't know why do I have to repeat myself. Israel established itself by massacring the arab population, hence it's existance is illegal; yes Israel have absolutly no right to exist.
The very basis of its existance is genocide. why the hell would I give away my land for people who came and massacred my people?

some israelies or pro-israel americans use the argument "well that's how america got it's land, and if that's bad then america is bad, but since america is good, then israel is good."
that's ridicolous, so, since I did this bad stuff then it is not bad! omg how can it be bad? that's what we did!!! so, since goodness is defined by what we do, it's ok to massacre a whole lot of people and steal thier land.
Again the land was given by the British.Take it up with them and stop whining...if the arabs want the land so badly why don't they start a war and get it back....Oh wait they already tried that 2 times..and got there asses handed to them.:|

hasan said:
it's all about religion.

The very basis of its existance is genocide. why the hell would I give away my land for people who came and massacred my people?.

because your basically repeating false propaganda, and most of us know it. let's give you another history lesson without the BS you like to spew.

in 135AD the roman emperor expelled most of the jews, from the roman province of judea and renamed it palaestina(palestine) however not all of the jews left their country. a few hundred years later after mohammed invented islam arab muslims "occupied" the former roman province of paleastina and gave the remaining jews there the usual choice 1. convert 2. pay tribute 3. die.

many did not give in to the religious persecution and were executed, the few who could afford it payed tribute, others had no choice but to outwardly convert but secretly remain jews religiously since they had no money...strange how you just simply say "they stole the palestinians land" and leave so much of history out, but then again you really do not want people tio know the truth that the jews are simply taking back land that arabs "stole" from them and "occupied" in the first place!

they earned it, israel has fought and defeated every surroundng arab nation..TWICE to keep what was once theirs...they more than earned their nation back from people that "invaded" "stole" and "occupied" it!

if you really want to help the so-called "palestinians" then strap a bomb to yourself and blow up a jewish school, restaurant or retirement home, all very grave threats to the "palestinians"..you would be a hero!

PS
to bad saddam is not still in power to give your family $25,000

so lets recap?

land owned by jews
jews get kicke out by romans
romans get kicked out by arabs
british take over arabs
british put jews back in

so how again is it arab land? and if u want it, why are u guys blowing it up person by person?

heres a site to let u see how teh jews actually dont do anything without a preceeding action

http://www.historyguy.com/arab_israeli_wars.html

hasan said:
it's all about religion.

isreal only killed those that attack it, arab nations and their terrorist lap dogs

the jews never committed genocide, a lot of arabs like using that word, because they hear jew; they thikn WWII

u dint give up the land, the britsih did, isreal only takes more land everytime u guys attack, and thats an insult let alot a secruity measure.

thats odd, my posts usually get combined...

What I said is not propaganda >>> what you are saying IS.

The jews are the children of Israel. Israel is a prohpet, he is the son of Abraham. Israel was living in palestine. was he living all by himself? and what was it called back then? The name doesn't matter. plus Abraham is from Iraq.

The jews didn't "take back" what is thiers. They MASSACRED people and STOLE the land. you CANNOT refute this.

There hasn't been an independent palestinian states within the current borders of the land. That's only half the truth.
The truth is, the whole region was divided by the british, the borders were drawn by the imperialists. None of these states were independent before. The region was always united under one rule.
Palestine has always been under our rule btw, so the "there was never an independent palestinian state" argument is rediculous.

edit:
the 1984 war is a liberation war in response to the israeli occupation of palestine. all other wars are also in response to that. it's rediculous to say that we are starting wars when it's the jews who attacked us first, and are still attacking us.

Just because you won in 48 and 67 doesn't mean you are right.
Actually, that kind of response clearly shows your arrogance and stubbornness.

Sorry to burst your pride bubble here Hasan, but saying somebody from the ancient world is from 'Iraq' doesn't make much sense. The land that was to be known as Iraq in the 1920's(younger country than america even), has very ancient beginnings that has nothing to do with 'iraq'.

Within its land mass, there were several ancient Mesopotamian civilizations, including Assyria, Babylonia, Akkad, and Sumer. There's a *TON* of history involving those areas. Even Alexander the Great was a part of it!(Speaking of which, that was a good movie, especially since i'm a pretty big history lover).

So I fail to see what your claim of Abraham being from 'iraq' did. What does it prove, or was it just some sort of smart alec comment to make?

Shad0hawK said:

It's just a theory, nothing concrete has been proven yet.

hasan said:
What I said is not propaganda >>> what you are saying IS.

Ah, just move along people, nothing to see here and nothing to argue about; save yourself the time and trouble.

Back