Why?

Was removed due to that kid using it as a easy way to run through the members guessing their passwords.

But then how can we compare post count. Please put it back.

Use it as a test to see who fixed their passwords. :rolling:

So retard kid can then resume hacking accounts yes? :rolleyes:

Removing the memberlist isn't going to prevent someone from hacking the site.

It's been fine for almost 6 years, this was just a single incident, I think it's safe to put it back now.

Removing the memberlist isn't going to prevent someone from hacking the site.

It's been fine for almost 6 years, this was just a single incident, I think it's safe to put it back now.

How do we know you're the real Vegeta?!

*panic ensues*

Look into my eyes, darling, and you will see the truth.

myeyes.jpg

lol.

call me not at all up to date but did you guys ever catch the sad, nerdish, retarded idiot who was performing a hackings?
It was dealt with, with the help from our friends at SPUF.

TBH, if people haven't changed their passwords yet, their own fault...

But really, I'm OK with it being gone...no harm done!

all "eye" see in that girl's "I"s are repressed childhood memories and the need to feed on babies

dammit Munro at least set it so I can surf the memberlist :frown:

It's no harder than going through a big forum topic and looking at usernames to 'hack'.

What happens if I try to login as Munro?

The reasoning behind keeping the member list disabled makes no sense, it may have made some sense to disable it until the guy was dealt with and then re-enable it afterwards. The forums merely existing, makes it easy for someone to go through usernames and guess passwords. It's not like there was a "Sort by users with easy to guess passwords" feature in the member list.

The forums were hacked?

Anyway, this shit is just like removing freedoms to protect us from terrorists. Are we gonna let one little prick ruin a great feature?

Nothing was hacked. Some guy just went through usernames trying to guess their passwords to find ones that used simple passwords.

Yeah, he got a few using brute and we have extra protection in place now. We may re-enable the list again in the future if we are fully happy with the extra security we've put in place, but its still being assessed in the coming weeks.*

It was pretty annoying, so we did retaliate with the help of our SPUF friends.

*Valve time

Members list is under 'community' :O

Yay, the member list is back! :D

Wow, I'm 200th from the top :eek:

Was s/he (it?) just guessing and brute forcing the passwords?

Yay, members list! :)

Edit @ Sloth: Yeah, this person was basically guessing the passwords and then use those same names and passwords to hack steam accounts, or so they told me.

Edit 2: who's this guy?

w00t, I'm the 11th member with the most posts. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Looks like I surpassed Sulkdodds, at last.

AHAHAHA

I am now #58, with 23 less posts than Angry Lawyer.

Back