Will Alyx and the other characters from HL2 be in HL3?

Reaction score
Will Alyx and the other characters from HL2 be in HL3? Or will they be ditched...

Personally I hope that Alyx and a few others will be included in HL3. What about you guys?

I don't care for Alyx, I hope they bring back Barney.

No, Valve has already stated numerous times that they will be replacing the main characters with new ones because Episode 2 wasn't as successful as they had hoped.

New characters will include an over-sexed love interest and a wise cracking animal sidekick.

Ok, thanks!

However if they bring out an ep3 for HL2, those will be the same characters, right?

Good lord, no.

Lol that'd be weird, as if there was an ep3 it'd have to continue from the end of ep2... If they had all different characters I'd be interested to see how they'd explain it :cheese:

In ep3/next HL game will be:
All characters from EP2
Old characters like Barney and Mossman
New characters, maybe a deaf one.

No, Valve has already stated numerous times that they will be replacing the main characters with new ones because Episode 2 wasn't as successful as they had hoped.

you sound very serious?

There's always another Barney.

I love how people think Barney is greater than Alyx as a character, when a ton of work was put in Alyx and Barney shows in the games a lot less than her...I guess people like Rambo characters more than those with a personality.
OT: I hope to see the alive after EP3 in HL3 too.

Given the speed with which Valve have churned out the episodes I fear HL3 will be a long way off yet....

I love how people think Barney is greater than Alyx as a character, when a ton of work was put in Alyx and Barney shows in the games a lot less than her...I guess people like Rambo characters more than those with a personality.

We've seen Alyx in all ranges of emotions, its time to see how human they can make Barney too. Afterall there are not many guys that have gone through a silencing campaign by the US government, an alien invasion by two different factions, an undercover operation of a brutal puppet dictatorship with thousands sent to their deaths or worse, seeing thousands die next to you over a period of a week, then finding out someone close to him has died leaving everybody vulnerable especially Eli's daughter and all of this fighting may of been for nothing unless the Borealis is destroyed. I'm not a psychologist, but I would say the sarcasm is just a cover of how pissed he is.

Barney is greater than Alyx, and he has more personality than Alyx can ever have.

Barney is greater than Alyx, and he has more personality than Alyx can ever have.

This because everyone else agrees and I have no mind of my own.

I've gotten tired of Alyx. Really tired. I know I'll get flammed for this but shepard should replace her as the second main charecter in the series.

Why, because he's the token sarcastic buddy as opposed to the token love interest?

I've gotten tired of Alyx. Really tired. I know I'll get flammed for this but shepard should replace her as the second main charecter in the series.

You're right, mainly because that makes no sense, and has not been thought out at all, leading to people suspecting you of trolling.

If you love Adrian Shephard so much why don't you spell his name right

Show proof.

Barney LIVES.
Hit F4 to turn on captions in Episode 2 after defeating the striders and hunters in the final battle. You'll see some blue captions where someone is congratulating Gordon Freeman; blue captions are only used for Barney's dialogue, yet Barney is not present.

This is his ghost congratulating you from beyond the grave.

"Hey, Doc-I just wanted to say thanks. I was on that train you helped evacuate from City 17."

Back