Wii U. Here's some strangely non-cel shaded renders

a9xb8kN.jpg

GiVR8eD.jpg

hsbHkGI.jpg

hsbHkGI.jpg

i7cMmqX.jpg

FjzPUNc.jpg

speAXSo.jpg

Seems like an odd choice considering Wind Waker still looks pretty good due to the style. Note: They're also working on a new Zelda game as well with a different team so this is not delaying a new Zelda game coming out.

Regardless if the original still holds up, that is one gorgeous looking version. Wish it wasn't only on Wii U though. I doubt it would tax the original Wii's hardware that much more.

Soooo they added bloom? Let's hope there's some more finishing touches.

Soooo they added bloom? Let's hope there's some more finishing touches.

Oh come now..surely you notice a difference in the textures. The island looks wonderful! Could I still live with the original knowing this is out there? Yeah. But maybe they'll add some new content.

Oh come now..surely you notice a difference in the textures. The island looks wonderful! Could I still live with the original knowing this is out there? Yeah. But maybe they'll add some new content.
That's what I'm hoping, or at least flesh out some of the side quests from the original.

How backwards compatible is the Wii U? Can I play the OOT remake like I can on the normal Wii, and then skyward sword and etc. Been wanting to play some Zelda games, and want to find out the most convenient way to get them all.

How backwards compatible is the Wii U? Can I play the OOT remake like I can on the normal Wii, and then skyward sword and etc. Been wanting to play some Zelda games, and want to find out the most convenient way to get them all.
It's Wii backwards compatible but not Gamecube. There's always Dolphin if you have a good enough PC.

It's Wii backwards compatible but not Gamecube. There's always Dolphin if you have a good enough PC.

I was gonna say this. Not just for GC but for Wii too, as long as you own the actual games. I'm not about piracy (as you can see from the Steam sale.) The Dolphin emulator not only emulates most Wii games (including Skyward Sword) perfectly, it does so in HD with 16xAA and other texture filters making the game look better. Again, assuming you have a good enough PC this is the only way to play Zelda.

The textures aren't really anything to write home about but they're an improvement over the original. That said, the original still looks great today! I'm not complaining though Wind Waker was one of my favourite Zelda's so I'm looking forward to this! Might actually keep my WiiU now!

Yeah, but then I have to fiddle with shit and pay money for the controller. I'm willing to pay money, but I'm sick of fiddling with shit.

Is it just me, or does this look shockingly similar to the source engine, like a gmod map with custom zelda models?

looks like ttt_island17 remade with a Zelda theme.

I knew there was something bugging me about it. Wow, can't unsee. The shadows in the last shot even look like Dota 2.

Yeah, but then I have to fiddle with shit and pay money for the controller. I'm willing to pay money, but I'm sick of fiddling with shit.
Gamecube is on the WiiU's own virtual console, wait for large titles to role onto that. Otherwise you cannot be helped.

There's virtually no fiddling with shit. You literally just install it and play. You could even use your own wii mote. But for Zelda titles, the keyboard and mouse work just fine.

There's virtually no fiddling with shit. You literally just install it and play. You could even use your own wii mote. But for Zelda titles, the keyboard and mouse work just fine.
I've just figured that out! The ONLY Zelda game that requires a WiiMote is Skyward sword. All others are fine with controllers seeing as how Twilight Princess was on Gamecube.

I need to find a better tracker. I have the game, so legality wise, I think I'm in the clear, but I must find the original WW for Dolphin.

I need to find a better tracker. I have the game, so legality wise, I think I'm in the clear, but I must find the original WW for Dolphin.
It's still illegal to download them, though whether you think it's ethical or not is up to you. It's possible to dump Wii and GC discs if you happen to have a disc drive capable of reading them. Most can't, but you could be lucky.

I ripped my copy and am playing successfully on Dolphin. how about that? Looks GORGEOUS.
Trying to work out the kinks and creases though. Gets glitchy sometimes.

Have you checked the wiki entry for the game? It gives recommending settings for each game and any known fixes. Here.

There should still be no fiddling! Maybe crab just did a bad rip/dump. Windwaker plays flawlessly in HD for me on dolphin. Will post pictures when I get home latersssssss.

And those dolphin wikis havent been updated since version 2.0. They're up to 3.5 now. Almost all GC games run flawlessly, and most Wii games as well. You just need a solid cpu/gpu combo to run everything in all its glory.

I'll have some screenshots up when I can figure out how to stabilize my fps with the widescreen hack, per-pixel lighting and oodles of anti-aliasing. I've almost got the damn thing stable.

Looks bounds better than those stupid looking renders... that resemble press shots of UE3 before current gen consoles came around. They would have been better off waiting and just not teasing us with any sort of Zelda until they had something substantial to show to their hardcore fanbase (the folks that would be watching this shit).

edid: OpenGL rendering and OpenAL sound seem to have fixed most of my problems. It seems that the game asks dolphin for a very obscure version of DX 09 redist that isn't actually available anymore and the screen randomly blacks out. Same games for the audio using a standard codec.

Making some progress, yay.

Go figure, thanks for the advice folks. I can't beleive my mini-reader recognize a damn GC disc. What the hell. It's just an old POS Asus Optical Drive.

I'll have some screenshots up when I can figure out how to stabilize my fps with the widescreen hack, per-pixel lighting and oodles of anti-aliasing. I've almost got the damn thing stable.

Looks bounds better than those stupid looking renders... that resemble press shots of UE3 before current gen consoles came around. They would have been better off waiting and just not teasing us with any sort of Zelda until they had something substantial to show to their hardcore fanbase (the folks that would be watching this shit).

edid: OpenGL rendering and OpenAL sound seem to have fixed most of my problems. It seems that the game asks dolphin for a very obscure version of DX 09 redist that isn't actually available anymore and the screen randomly blacks out. Same games for the audio using a standard codec.

Making some progress, yay.

Go figure, thanks for the advice folks. I can't beleive my mini-reader recognize a damn GC disc. What the hell. It's just an old POS Asus Optical Drive.

I don't understand all this tinkering. The game plays perfect at default. I have all graphical settings maxed out and it's flawless. Goddamn noob.

EDIT=
What version of dolphin are you using?
Your cpu and gpu?

I'm getting there. Still lots of tweaking to be done before I'm happy with how this looks.

VabEBwv.jpg

I just like things to run perfectly, is all. I understand that it's a great program, I'm just a perfectionist. I did encounter ONE game breaking bug that had to do with an out of date DirectX redist that I wasn't able to find and had to switch audio codecs to fix some graphical anomalies. These problems were solved by switching the renderer to OpenGL and the audio codec to OpenAL and reboot Dolphin.

Contrary to what you might think there's a reason for the ample toggling and tweaking you can do using Dolphin. It's quite fun to mess around with. It's also kind of fun to troubleshoot. Until you're banging your head against a wall because your screen is randomly going blank.

edit: I JUST repaired my widescreen FOV after posting this piece of shit! I also got AA to slowing my frame rate which I'd capped at the audio codec's decision to fix an earlier issue.

This is a science I say, a science!

next up: community texture packs!

I'm getting there. Still lots of tweaking to be done before I'm happy with how this looks.

VabEBwv.jpg

I just like things to run perfectly, is all. I understand that it's a great program, I'm just a perfectionist. I did encounter ONE game breaking bug that had to do with an out of date DirectX redist that I wasn't able to find and had to switch audio codecs to fix some graphical anomalies. These problems were solved by switching the renderer to OpenGL and the audio codec to OpenAL and reboot Dolphin.

Contrary to what you might think there's a reason for the ample toggling and tweaking you can do using Dolphin. It's quite fun to mess around with. It's also kind of fun to troubleshoot. Until you're banging your head against a wall because your screen is randomly going blank.

edit: I JUST repaired my widescreen FOV after posting this piece of shit! I also got AA to slowing my frame rate which I'd capped at the audio codec's decision to fix an earlier issue.

This is a science I say, a science!

next up: community texture packs!

Tweaking inside dolphins menu could give you better performance when running into issues (which i havent had.) In terms of getting perfection from the graphics just max everything out. Done. I still don't see what you're fussing with DirectX redists for.

And riomhaire check the dolphin forums. They have a section dedicated to texture packs and mods. There aren't many and I don't there's any for WW. Doesn't need it. Just look at headcrabs pic, the game is beautiful.

Well it fussed at me! What do you want me to say Sir. Shinra! I think the problem was with my rip, tbh. Some files may have been corrupted or something. /shrug

I read some rumors of them on the Dolphin community boards. Perhaps it's just whispers and they don't exist :(.

They exist. They arent fully supported by the Dolphin community though so you would have to do some google searching. Not worth it IMO. The texture packs for PS2 emultors on the other hand...AWESOME. They've got packs to make everything. Cell shaded textures, etc.

Even though it lacks the cel-shading, I still think Wind Waker HD looks pretty darn nice. I could do without the bloom though. But objects seem to have a real sense of tangibility, like they're clay figurines instead of polygon models. I like that. I like it a lot.

They exist. They arent fully supported by the Dolphin community though so you would have to do some google searching. Not worth it IMO. The texture packs for PS2 emultors on the other hand...AWESOME. They've got packs to make everything. Cell shaded textures, etc.
THAT'S NOT WHAT CEL SHADING IS DAMN IT RAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRR

Back