WIP: cp_tumbleweed

Stigmata

The Freeman
Reaction score
The name is taken, but apparently only by a three-years-old and ostensibly-unfinished map. I have yet to think of anything catchier, so that's what it is for now.

I've been working on this for about two days now, just blocking out the design before I get started on detailing. The last thing I want to do is bog myself down with texture alignment when I still have balance issues to work out!

=====!!!!! PICTURE SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/lnLZl&3Vt1V&bzF9h&IlfjS&O28X8&Sf8A1&8bKh4&ZcYim&aCMvu&CpWNz&HyMiD&AQMpT

1: BLU spawn room, from the outside. It is basically a three-door containment room for people exiting the actual spawn, further inside.

2: Lots of slopes. An overpass in front of the spawn, with a one-way door underneath (BLU side -> RED side)

3: Taken from an opposite perspective, showing Cap Point A. You can see the one-way door, to give proper perspective.

4: A lay of the land. Don't fall into the skybox! (I'll make it a proper-looking death canyon later)

5: There's a small bridge to cross. Or you can go up the stairs on the right to the battlements - keep going, and you can drop down on the defenders.

6: Should have been earlier in the slideshow - This shows the path *around* the one-way door, from BLU to RED. Note the cliff vantage point on the left (with a large gap, Heavies definitely cannot make it across) for defenders.

7: Cliff vantage point on the right, the area just past CP A on the top-left, two-storey building center-left, with balcony.

8: Looking at the balconied building. CP A is to the right.

9: Inside the building, first floor, opposite perspective (right door leads to B, left door leads to A, stairs back-left and back-right lead to wraparound battlement and balcony, respectively).

10: The final choke. RED spawns in the building behind the rocks, CP B is in the small building center-right.

11: From RED's defensive balcony, just behind the rocks.

12: Opposite perspective, inside the building.

I hope to get a playtest going tomorrow. I just need to install a couple more doors. All the game logic is set up.

Why do BLU have dropdowns right outside their spawn? That'll just be really annoying especially if you take a huge chunk of damage outside spawn yet have no way of returning back to recover health.

You should probably post this up on TF2Maps as you'll be able to get it playtested regularly with a large group of players thus giving you plenty of feedback.

z9CfK.jpg

I've posted it on tf2maps.net already :p I'll see if I can get a playtest going, hopefully by today. Also, as you may be able to see depending on how clear my diagramming is, Blu can now return to their spawn to heal. Among other changes.

Back