WOOT i made a song with HL2 :D Take a listen

`unreal

Reaction score
Alright I'm a noob producer (I usually make hip hop beats) and I made a 'crunk' beat, although at the time I didn't own any crunk-based songs, so its fairly wild and different to the typical style.

Now there is not THAT much HL2 in it, its mainly the intro, some bridge (i think) and i used the radio off sounds in some of the chorus.

Click here, or copy the link to your browser:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U.m3u?ID=2058384&q=Hi

Now I hope I don't get sued, this is honestly for my own entertainment, since I don't sell my beats and that. I am only 17 (just turned :D) and I have never even studied music. Have fun, and i think I am kind of posting suicide since most of you are into rock, techno, orchestra etc :p

Anyhow no harm done, lata :D /noob

Pretty good, a bit strange, and not my taste for entertainment but it was a nice job nonetheless. Certainly beats what i could do! nice one.

Sounds good, the base needs to be deeper(in the beat) and it will be HOTTTTTTT! I would also try rebuilding your intro its more progressive and then when the beat drops *BLOW THE ROOF OFF* o

It was good, but here are some things that could be improved; it was a bit repetitive, actually other than the beggining it was all repeated, and only the beggining felt like Half Life 2.

Whoa safe all :D. If you have problems playing the music, just make sure you open the stream in Windows Media Player, unless you use something you prefer thats suitable.

The reason that the music is so repetitive is because rap music usually is. Not all the time, but its generally pretty linear, although it is often overseen as 'easy' music. Trust, it isn't that easy.

O btw if you read my intro post, it did actually state that there isn't much HL2 in it, mainly the intro.

Good job.. Glad to see its not just metalers, ukUK!

very interesting. I sorta like the repetitive beats, gives it a nice feel to it. A- quality. could have added another track above it, but other than that good work :thumbs:

Hehehe safe guys :D I'm glad that everyone likes it, since I am not that experienced at this sort of thing. I didn't make it specifically to be linked to HL2, i just made the beat and decided it will be cool to add as a feature.

Once again, thanks alot, me loves hl2.net members *hugs*

BTW what is crunk? I am in USA and don't understand some of these british terms.

Zeus said:
BTW what is crunk? I am in USA and don't understand some of these british terms.

haha im pretty sure crunk origonated somewhere in the south US. If you've ever heard Lil Jon on the radio, u've heard crunk.

by the way, i liked it. Where do you find the music and sounds in HL2? i couldn't seem to find the folder its in.

Yea i'm not too sure of its origins, but Phat-t is right, somewhere around south US. Lil' Jon and the East Side Boyz are the main people putting this commercial, and it aint all that bad. Usually involves alot of swearing but its suprisingly addictive.

I got somemore material at www.soundclick.com/craziproductions, since thats me and my friends little production group. You guys might take an interest in A Step Forward, or possibly the version with Dizzee Rascal on it :)

P.S. Combine sounds came directly from the extraction of the GCF

Erm not sure my mate done it for me. Theres some GCF extractor he used :S sorry nto much info i can share there.

You've obviously got some technical skill, but i don't particularlly like that song. But it's good never the less

This thread inspired me to make this...

http://up2.fastuploads.com/Half-life_Techno_Epp.mp3

I'm not into techno so I don't really care you if hate it. I just had fun doing it. :cool: There's 9 samples of noises/voices in it. Everything you hear in the song are noises from Half-life 1 (including the drum).

If you're a music label and wish to make business with me, call me... 514-839-2039.

Yes I'm joking. :cheese:

I so wish I could upload my stuff for 'yall to listen to...

Maybe after I move & get settled....

Haha its quite flattering that i inspired someone, taking a listen now. I forgot to add a bassline to my beat btw :eek:

Techno aint my bag, but your beat is quite clever - it's something I could not do. Good job :)

Also this wasn't made on Reason, though some of our stuff is (at the mo, none of our Reason material is up on the site). This was made on Fruity Loops believe it or not. Just made use of the synths and the lil jon sample set for the crunk stuff (like the 'what, what' etc). Also since Crunk uses alot of 808-style hits, I got to use lots of simple 808 samples that came with FL :D

Soundclick goes down alot, probably why. It should be back up once Soundclick is working, unless they decided to delete my lil production band or something.

Back