Working on the car drop/trap...

HolySdrJR

Reaction score
Ok, so you start with a car hanging in the air and have all the cables and length constraints working properly...
CarTrap00.jpg

It even swings freely, just like a car on a cable would do, gotta love physics...
CarTrap01.jpg

So then I press a button and the car drop, length restraints still working on the three cables connected to the car...
CarTrap02.jpg

And now after a couple of seconds the car starts to raise into the air. Oh no, the car stayed and the cables stretched out! Uhh, what happened to the length constraints?
CarTrap03.jpg

What's going on?! After the cables are done being 'stretched' I force the car to move again and the constraints work again! If they didn't work, the car would fly to the corner of the map on repeated physcannon 'attacks'.
CarTrap04.jpg

::sigh:: What's going on? Does anyone have any ideas?

35+ people can look at this and not have any ideas on how to make this work?

from my experiences I have concluded that lengthconstraints are one sided.. make another one and switch entity1 with entity2 and vice versa.. or whatever, I don't know

Hey HolySdrJR,

I'm pretty sure the answer lies with the logic_measure_movement entity. I would love to see this working.

I don't suppose you could give me a brief description of what you have already done, especially what entity you are using to cause drop/lift the car (or at the very least, drop the car, lift the rope)

Yeah, if you've got this working, I'd love to see it too.... I've been trying too, I get issues with the bottom set of ropes not appearing at all...

Back