World of Warcraft Alpha Leaked

Jesus Christ...Has the whole world gone dumb?

PS. I'm not talking about you guys...

It looks like The Cleaning lady has stroke her very hard dustwipper once again upon a another "1337-high-security" developer.

The recent leakages can't be coincidental... there is only one possible explanation:

Obviously, someone stole the Heart of Gold and activated its Infinite Improbability Drive.

Mr.Reak said:
If you people still think that hax0r do most of the job, you are wrong. Most of the games get leaked by some idiot from magazine or website (for example Blizzard send their version of the game to press and it gets leaked). It's not always some idiot who hacked into their network.

my post was really just sarcasm.. ur probably right.. what u described is probably the way games get leaked.. but now with so many games being leaked.. its getting rather stupid me thinks..

Well, what I think, that more and more developers will start to develop for consoles and PC at the same time, and going on console exclusive. Because frankly, there is so much developers can take until company is closed (uh, not enough people bought the game). I predict, if things won't change with piracy, PC gamers will be left with online only games, and if you want something interesting and new, you would need to get console. I don't really mind anymore, we are killing ourselves.

Mr.Reak said:
Well, what I think, that more and more developers will start to develop for consoles and PC at the same time, and going on console exclusive. Because frankly, there is so much developers can take until company is closed (uh, not enough people bought the game). I predict, if things won't change with piracy, PC gamers will be left with online only games, and if you want something interesting and new, you would need to get console. I don't really mind anymore, we are killing ourselves.

u = :rolling: ? the PC gaming indusrty is way to big now... u wanna know something? the only reason Doom 3, HL2, and Painkiller are being ported only to the x-box is because the other consoles can't handle it... x-box can barely handle it! thats why Halo is such a system hog on PC, it needed room to breathe! PC's are the the barrier for new tech... they are going to test it out with PCs.. and PC games, that'll never stop.... and besides... console piracy is easy to! they now make soder-less mod chips... just plug on in, DL an ISO, burn it, u got a free PS2 game!

The leaks are no big thing (except in HL2's case... ;(), like the PK leak... it's just like a really big demo, the D3 leak... a really buggy demo... but the piracy HAS to end.... there has to be sumthin that can be done.... maybe if games were released at $29.99 and not $49.99, people would hop back into teh stores.... but if the companies are going to be greedy, so am I and everyone else that surfs super*********!!

Which part of “online gaming” didn’t you understand? People will buy a game, in most cases, because it needs Cd-key to get online. Other genres don’t do it so well. How many good RPGs do you see on PC? Not many, plus this year Fable and Jade Empires are two strongest RPGs, both will be out on X-box. KOTOR, GOTY of PC, was developed for x-box and PC.

Yes, you can pirate console games, but it is more trouble than with PC games, plus general public won’t spend their time on getting pirated games for consoles, easier to get it in the store. With broadband it is so easy to pirate, plus with bittorrent or Kazaa.

Price cut down? Why? People still buy console games, they are even more expensive. How to stop pirating? Well, stop downloading games yourself first, then we can talk about stopping pirates.

Mr.Reak said:
Which part of “online gaming” didn’t you understand? People will buy a game, in most cases, because it needs Cd-key to get online. Other genres don’t do it so well. How many good RPGs do you see on PC? Not many, plus this year Fable and Jade Empires are two strongest RPGs, both will be out on X-box. KOTOR, GOTY of PC, was developed for x-box and PC.

Yes, you can pirate console games, but it is more trouble than with PC games, plus general public won’t spend their time on getting pirated games for consoles, easier to get it in the store. With broadband it is so easy to pirate, plus with bittorrent or Kazaa.

Price cut down? Why? People still buy console games, they are even more expensive. How to stop pirating? Well, stop downloading games yourself first, then we can talk about stopping pirates.

I must have missed the online part, sorry :eek:

and i see we have very different opinions on piracy... and just because i DL pirated things doesn't mean i can't help stop it.... and unfortunately... pircay will never stop... it's to big now... and network hacks, viruses, worms, DNS attacks... thats a whole other story, the internet was a nice, happy, slow place in 98... don't know where it's gone now... don't think it will come back either... :(

NEWS ON WoW LEAK:

This alpha HAS hacked out of the network through connections to sum 1 in the beta testing... they are calling themselves the Twilight Hackers

Yeah, Ive seen the torrent being thrown around..... the alpha is 2 gb. I just wonder if those "1337" hackers can actually do anything to make a functional server.

when will these jerkoff hackers realise that people would rather wait for the real thing.

Back