Wow BIG PROPS to the Mods of this Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saintx

It is about time moderators and fanbase sites start dividing kiss ass from realistic. I must commend the moderation of this site from not being a 2 year old and kissing Valve's ass 24/7 like some other fanforums do with 100% Censorship.

I am damn surprised and damn proud of this crew.

You got a new regular :)

I don't think there are any mods here right now. That's what is pleasantly surprising you.

YEAH VALVE SUX AND STEAM SUX AND VIVENDI SUX AND MY TINFOIL HAT ROX BECAUSE ITS SOOOOO REALISTIC

What Salmon said. The moderators are off napping.. or playing the beta. But they're not here, otherwise there would be mass banning, closing, etc.

Rec seems poised to start dealing with people though.

Originally posted by Vanthem
What Salmon said. The moderators are off napping.. or playing the beta. But they're not here, otherwise there would be mass banning, closing, etc.

Rec seems poised to start dealing with people though.

Oh no wonder. ;)

I woke up about 3-4 hours ago. There had been some major issues with IRC, half of the mods there have dropped, the forum was under bombardment by complete idiots.

It's all happening, and unfortunately I've got more important work related issues that need my attention this moment.

I'm checking back periodically, but I simply don't have the time at this point.

Don't worry, Rec. < puts an "out to lunch" sign around his neck > There you go.

censorship is terrible, i mean it can be traced back to the days of hitler. Say no to censorship.

I'm pretty sure censorship isn't a new idea :p

Originally posted by thefunkygibbon
what the hell does "BIG PROPS" mean anyhow!!!???
It's kinda like a whiter way of saying "word up my negroes"

although i must say, my thread getting deleted which was simply on me spotting a picture of gabe newell on hot or not, im not going to argue but i dont think that was right. Regardless... superb job moderators, i love dis community.

^---- there aren't enough rolleyes on the internet to represent my feelings about the above post :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 4port
It's kinda like a whiter way of saying "word up my negroes"

lmao..yeah i guessed as much, but what the heck does "props" mean /come from??

I wanna say it comes from "proposals" or "proposition" but that wouldn't make sense. Of course, most slang doesn't.

Originally posted by 4port
I wanna say it comes from "proposals" or "proposition" but that wouldn't make sense. Of course, most wigger slang doesn't.

fixed for you

Hah, I'm pretty sure this doesn't originate from "wiggers." It is more of an "urban" cultural thing, however.

what are you guys discussing... jeez take the chill pill and dont worry about where it originates and so on.

Yeah I've just got home from work. Will be moderating the forums all night now.

When Beta first hit the forums were at a stand still....

the way i see it, let people say what they want about hl2/valve, as long as it's not against the rules (eg. posting links to pics with links to where to get it)

heh...oh god, give me strength

Whenever something halflife 2 related happens you get an influx of newbies and overall forum intelligence goes down.

Posts become divided thusly

OMG hl2 beta/sourcecode/screenshots/whatever blah blah blah is out (note there must be about 6 other threads dedicated to this at the time)

The news article (there are usually 10 threads on the same article)

hl2 r0cks/ hl2 sux/ gabe newell is fat har har har :dozey:

and finally

The "Look at me i'm siding with the hackers, or valve's fault valve's fault i hate them so much they are evil whine whine whine" thread

all this crap content floods the pages and then all the smart or more experienced people have to sift through all that crap to find anything pertinent. So do us all a favor, stop posting crap M'kay?

Originally posted by thefunkygibbon
lmao..yeah i guessed as much, but what the heck does "props" mean /come from??

It's a shortened form of "propers" as in "proper respect."

Oh Jesus, how to posts like this ever survive?

The Mods are trying their hardest to keep these Forums fun and enjoyable... I think they are doing a great job.

Originally posted by The Bear
The Mods are trying their hardest to keep these Forums fun and enjoyable... I think they are doing a great job.

dude..just die...

Yes the mods are doing a good job, but 200 members is a pain in the ass to moderate. Especially when half of them haven't matured past child hood. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back