WTF?!? GMR Magazine

DeViouS

Reaction score
Ok, so I walk in the door yesterday, from a long day at work, and my brother runs up to me with our monthly issue of GMR magazine telling me to check out the Halo 2 review. I quickly snatch the magazine away from him and took a look at the cover thinking that my man Gordon Freeman will be gracing the cover. I looked down and about lost it! PAPER MARIO WAS ON THE FRIGGIN COVER OF THE NOVEMEBER ISSUE OF GMR MAGAZINE! WWWWHHHHHHYYYYY!?!?!?

I quickly went through each page hoping that they had somehow just forgot to include the picture in the front of the magazine and that something, anything was written about hl2. The only page that even mentioned hl2 was an EB games advertisement with a picture of the box and under it said "Coming Soon!" Can anyone please enlighten me to why GMR Magazine did not include a reveiw of the most anticipated game in the history of the world!? :frown: :sniper:

GMR is a console-oriented magazine. Also, Gordon is in Half-Life 2, not Halo 2. Good job.

SMT said:
Gordon is in Half-Life 2 not Halo 2. Good job.

NO KIDDING!! He wanted me to look at the Halo review, but all I cared about was HL2! SCREW HALO 2! my point was that they say nothing about HL2! NOTHING! :flame:

edit: and no GMR magazine is not just console! i get it every month believe me its not just console!

Paper Mario is so much cooler than Half-Life 2.

If only you would open your minds, you could see it.

Thanks for posting. That post was like a small adventure, unrivalled in both dramatic content and sheer entertainment value.

I salute you, and wish every post made here was so amazingly interesting and relevant as that one.

Iconoclast said:
Thanks for posting. That post was like a small adventure, unrivalled in both dramatic content and sheer entertainment value.

I salute you, and wish every post made here was so amazingly interesting and relevant as that one.
i feel the same about your reply. 'worthwhile' is the word of the day

Iconoclast said:
Why must he be kidding you?
doesnt seem right to give 9/10 for that game, hl2 can only be 1 point better when its 10 times as good

Not every mag gets the review this month. Magazines will go out of their way to get the early early reviews. Others may prefer to review it with an actual copy at their own offices instead of at Valve. And personally I'd rather it NOT be done at valve.

Well i guess the only solution is to kill the executives at GMR for their oversight, what were they thinking....

:rolling:

nintendo, in general, make the best games in the world.

i know theres a lot of valve fanboys on the boards but i hate to break the news to you that nintendo > valve

why does hl2 HAVE to be better then paper mario 2?

Ok, so I walk in the door yesterday, from a long day at work, and my brother runs up to me with our monthly issue of GMR magazine telling me to check out the Halo 2 review.
Sounds like something from a 50's sitcom. Does your brother have side-parted ginger hair, freckles and a baseball jacket?

When Gordon has sold as many games as mario he'll make the cover.

I can't wait for Paper Mario 2. There's going to be alot of great games coming out this winter.

guise said:
nintendo, in general, make the best games in the world.

i know theres a lot of valve fanboys on the boards but i hate to break the news to you that nintendo > valve

why does hl2 HAVE to be better then paper mario 2?

Two reasons:

1) Crowbars
2) Crowbars

Now I realise that the above are actually TWO reasons, but I think that it's such a big reason that it deserved to be mentioned twice.

Oh, and it's not ment for kids either :p

Before I get flamed I LIKE Nitendo. My GBA:SP is a constant companion (Final Fantasy Tactics anyone? Fire Emblem? Super MARIO World 2? etc etc).

-JeZ- said:
Two reasons:

1) Crowbars
2) Crowbars

Now I realise that the above are actually TWO reasons, but I think that it's such a big reason that it deserved to be mentioned twice.

Oh, and it's not ment for kids either :p

Before I get flamed I LIKE Nitendo. My GBA:SP is a constant companion (Final Fantasy Tactics anyone? Fire Emblem? Super MARIO World 2? etc etc).

Most games are meant for kidsh. :hmph:

DeViouS said:
Ok, so I walk in the door yesterday, from a long day at work, and my brother runs up to me with our monthly issue of GMR magazine telling me to check out the Halo 2 review. I quickly snatch the magazine away from him and took a look at the cover thinking that my man Gordon Freeman will be gracing the cover. I looked down and about lost it! PAPER MARIO WAS ON THE FRIGGIN COVER OF THE NOVEMEBER ISSUE OF GMR MAGAZINE! WWWWHHHHHHYYYYY!?!?!?

I quickly went through each page hoping that they had somehow just forgot to include the picture in the front of the magazine and that something, anything was written about hl2. The only page that even mentioned hl2 was an EB games advertisement with a picture of the box and under it said "Coming Soon!" Can anyone please enlighten me to why GMR Magazine did not include a reveiw of the most anticipated game in the history of the world!? :frown: :sniper:

there's worse, you know?
:cheers:

Does Paper Mario have Multiplayer?? Paper Mario Death Match anyone.

Back