Wtf?

Reaction score
I've been playing alot of TF2 lately(360) and have noticed people have been sniping through the cages before a match.

Has anyone else ever got that? B/c it pisses me off.

Snipers can do it, but I've never seen it in game, only on videos.

Must be pretty rare.

Yeah, they're wankers. But they fact that they're playing as Sniper means they're statistically more likely to be a wanker anyway.

But hey, what can you do about it?

Yeah its ussually quite funny except when your on the recieving end of it... I cant believe valve haven't bothered to fix it yet. best solution the the problem is to go pyro, wait for them to scope up and then BBQ their ass through the gate. Then taunt. Always taunt :)

Soldiers can kill through the grate as well if you're stood right next to it. Solution to that would be not to stand next to the grate, I guess.

Demomen are the most annoying. My cousin regularly gets a Kritzkreig before the game even begins and massacres teams standing behind the gates - once he wiped out the entire team before the game began (They were all idiots)

Yeah, they're wankers. But they fact that they're playing as Sniper means they're statistically more likely to be a wanker anyway.

But hey, what can you do about it?

Snipe them before they hit you seems to work so far...

...so far.

Sniper and gates were fixed long ago on PC, the consoles barely had any updates unfortunately.

Snipe them before they hit you seems to work so far...

...so far.

But I chose not to play as Sniper because I understand that it almost certainly won't benefit my team in certain instances, merely piss other people off. If snipers benefit me or my team, then I'm all for them. When they sit there using up a valuable player slot, on the other hand, it gets on my nerves. This applies to either team.

I don't have quite the same hatred of spies.

Sniper and gates were fixed long ago on PC, the consoles barely had any updates unfortunately.
Gates may have been fixed for snipers, I don't know, but demos at least can certainly still fire through the gates on PC.

I believe that's due to the splash damage that goes beyond the gate, much like the splash damage you get if a soldier fires at your sentry in front of you. Similarly soldiers and pyros can still fire limited distances beyond gates.

But then anyone who seriously did that is probably a wanker.

PC has been fixed along time ago. 360 and PS3 still need it.

I believe that's due to the splash damage that goes beyond the gate, much like the splash damage you get if a soldier fires at your sentry in front of you. Similarly soldiers and pyros can still fire limited distances beyond gates.

PC has been fixed along time ago. 360 and PS3 still need it.
In the current (PC) version of TF2 Demomen can, when close enough and firing at the right spot and angle shoot their grenades through the gates. I've seen it happen a lot like my previously mentioned pre-start sentry death which was no where near the gate. I've also done it myself.

But I chose not to play as Sniper because I understand that it almost certainly won't benefit my team in certain instances, merely piss other people off. If snipers benefit me or my team, then I'm all for them. When they sit there using up a valuable player slot, on the other hand, it gets on my nerves. This applies to either team.

I don't have quite the same hatred of spies.

True. I usually stick as an engineer or spy, but love the occaisional stint as a heavy :D

In the current (PC) version of TF2 Demomen can, when close enough and firing at the right spot and angle shoot their grenades through the gates. I've seen it happen a lot like my previously mentioned pre-start sentry death which was no where near the gate. I've also done it myself.
Yup. It's still possible - easy, in fact - to get whole grenades through the gates.

Thats cause the large box they cover the doors in (stops entities from passing basically) is only the size of the doors, it should be bigger.

I was on the PS3 and shot through the gate as a soldier :) Didn't kill anyone though :(

That doesn't stop the soldier and pyro being able to get splash damage on people beyond the gate...

Yeh, while playing Dustbowl with Druckles and Digi yesterday I saw a BLU demo fire a couple of mines through the gates. No biggy though, did nothing.

Demo, Pyro, and Soldier can do splash and/or nade bouncing to get past the gate.
Pretty sure the sniper has been fixed though. Used to be so that you could shoot straight through the holes in the gate.

I shot a crocket through the hole once gettng an instant kill, before the round even began.
They fixed that, so that now only splash damage happens.
Pyro's flames can "seep" through the bottom of the gate though, I've found.

I was playing today and a demoman shot through the gates.

I just figured out how to shoot somebody through the gate with the sniper rifle! Yay!

meh, 360 and PS3 players deserve to have crappy bugged versions, serves em right for not playing it on the PC like good honest proper folk.

Its like complaining about a racetrack when you chose to drive a golf cart instead of the race car, or something like that.

How do demoman shoot through get? I mean that they can really shoot a grenade across the gate.

I was playing 1st stage Goldrush today and a Demoman was firing through the wall (not the gate). And then I flamed him through the same spot in the wall.

When people say: "Gates" do they mean the METAL GATES that allow the Reds to setup, or do they mean the "big red no entry signs that stop a red player walking into the blue spawn"...

Well the metal gates go up after setup, and get replaced by the red sign sometimes, depending on the map.

Ah, the same place. Well then, they're metal gates.

Back