Yakuza series creator developing new sci-fi squad-based shooter!

I saw that trailer. It didn't look too interesting, then there was that bit at the end.
Crivens.

Wow. Looks like a Japanese developer ate Gears of War, I Robot, and Terminator and this is what he pooped out.

LOL.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Looks terrible.

If the robots in I,Robot won. I still want to play though.

yeh the end does seemed interesting

also I liked the iteraction beetwen characters

still rest of the game didnt looked that great

Commentry using the times from this youtube version (video in original link was corrupt for me, it's an issue I have with a lot of videos online)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCYKCr47QNU
0.16: Japanese people...
0.18: Japanese people's asses...
0.34: Edgy flash forward to teh future city!
0.44: This game is definitely Japanese
0.53: Robots aren't even aiming at anything
0.58: Not Japanese people.
1.03: This is so incredibly obviously what Japanese devs think American audiences want in action heros. In fact I'm just going to stop with the timing thing now and talk about this. Holy crap they're every FPS stereotype you can fit in to three characters. The hero looks exactly like an FPS hero, you have the black guy with the big gun and the girl in the retarded catsuit (who of course only gets a pistol because she has weak woman arms). Seriously. It's like someone watched trailers for Mass Effect, Gears of War etc and thought they should emulate those. I don't have have any hopes for the gameplay of this game at all.
3.40: Sad robot ;(

^^Besides that, what's hilarious is how weak the robots are. They're like those wimpy battle droids from the new Star Wars movies.

no real gameplay to judge it on but seemed meh overall apart from end bit.

Weakling droids as noted before yea and also some pretty generic and badly acted characers...unhn....

first 10 seconds, *hmmm shooter in Japan, nice change of locale.
*Characters enter **aw not this shit again

*End bit :O

ZgJe2.jpg

I can't stop laughing at the black guy's facial animations.

It's really frustrating when a game looks pleasingly high-concept, but also dumb as hell.

I am already making reservations to take this one out to dinner. There will be a 2 drink minimum so things should turn out pretty well.

also its me or the white guy looks too similiar to the default male shepard?

japanese men can't make FPS.

I like how comments here are a predictor of how the game will sell...in a negative relationship.

In case anyone gives a shit, the demo of Binary Domain is now available on PSN and XBL.

I played it and found it quite enjoyable, feels more fluid than Gears Of War to me and the way you can shoot of individual limbs of robots and they just keep going is quite amusing.

I didn't know Coach from L4D2 was also in this!

Come on, it's awesome!

In the second mission of the demo you have a robot ally that sounds like a fancy French chef!

The gameplay could be fun, but overall game mechanics execution will be dogshit. Your allies refusing to cover you, listen to commands, or fire at enemies just because you make remarks to them? F*cking dumb.

Still gonna rent and play it. The French robot is nice.

i hope it is fun

After playing the demo and watching a trailer this could actually be a pretty good game.

Back