You and the Pyro

Any of the beta-nuts got a word in on the fire axe's power? Maybe you should use that instead :p

The flamer desperately needs a boost though...I find the main disadvantage not range but power. Nothing is more disheartening than roasting a soldier for two whole seconds, getting a rocket to the face, then finding that you barely took out half his health. Pyros should be the ultimate close range combat class.

ABSOLUTELY.
Increased power or +25 hp.

Honestly, I think I'd prefer the range over power or more HP. I find that is what is lacking with the Pyro. I understand it is not meant to be an uber class or anything, but sometimes it's just ridiculous. I have no trouble staying alive or killing things once I'm in range.

Any of the beta-nuts got a word in on the fire axe's power? Maybe you should use that instead :p

haha, then we'd be running around using melee attacks and the shotgun - something you could do with any other class, but with a free useful weapon thrown in to boot.

halflife2orangebox20070pm2.jpg

Cute?

awwww, lookadda widdle masky man

I think that Valve sort of thinks that he's cute in the way that Lucasarts thinks that Max is cute (Sam & Max [Hit the Road]). I think he's kind of funny in the way that he has so much personality yet you don't hear a word from him, well not completely anyway.
I have to say though that Valve must be some really sadistic people to find the pyro "cute".

For me, the Pyro kind of sucks in every map except 2fort, where he's my class of choice.

I found the opposite. He works well for me on the capture points maps to weaken the capturing teams advance.

I finally got my points in one round for pyro up to like 17 or something, up from 6. I couldn't do anything until a special someone decided to medic me to help me get my points up. Now I need to concentrate on my medic/scout points

the power is alright. THe damage doesn't come from just brushing the flames against someone and setting them alight, you really have to bathe them in it. Catch a HW guy from behind with his gun still stationary and you can kill him before he winds it up.

the flames just need more range. At least enough to hit the ground from the grating hole in 2fort. Also more of a visible effect for hitting a surface so as to tell how far that flame is traveling.

He needs some kind of buff. The pyro is pretty fun to play, but he's pretty rubbish compared to the other classes.

managed to get to the top of the frag list two times now (only on 2fort).
well the folling mostly works only vs. teams where no one is playing engineer:
i had a lot of fun ambushing in the enemy base at the sniper side and the supply doors ;)
i don't think it needs a buff, if you know what you are doing. and i'm telling you this as a noob-pyro :)

Back