you can watch the forums in real-time!

I hope he does. Forums like these are years and years behind every other kind of web technology out there. Real time would be a nice start.

Holy shit that would be awesome.

My f5 key could take a break.

This would be great, the problem being, if you use this in game in steam browser or whatever, its gonna laaaag. But still, no biggeh.

This and the personal stickies would be a great way to keep track of threads. It would be cool if you could personal sticky a particular thread on the vaispy.php page. But that would be asking for a bit much ;)

but full screen is so amazing thats why i use it from time to time

I go to another forum that has this and TBH I find it kind of annoying. The posts jump around while you're reading them, and then get glossed over to make room for new ones and you get a banner you can't get rid of telling you that there's new posts in the thread you're reading.

it's not like you'd have to use it if you don't like it, it's an optional feature.

Why would HL2.net need to show you updates in real time? Are you guys forgetting where you are?

I'm hitting refresh every couple of minutes and nothing's going on. It would be a waste.

I think you can change the refresh rate on this mod. Not sure though.

it's not like you'd have to use it if you don't like it, it's an optional feature.
Well I've never seen an option to turn it off on the site I'm talking about (zeldauniverse.net). Maybe there is one, but I rarely bother looking at forum options and just leave them on defaults.

the one I go to that has it there is just another page you can go to to see the realtime updates but all the old navigation pages are the same.

Why would HL2.net need to show you updates in real time? Are you guys forgetting where you are?

I'm hitting refresh every couple of minutes and nothing's going on. It would be a waste.

It has been fairly dead around here but i'd still like this feature, i can't be asked to refresh my browser ALL the time...jeesh

Back