You have bad taste in music

i agree with poksmote, linkin park should kill themselves. anyone who likes linkin park or listens to them because

Linkin Park's melodys are very intelligent, and the lyrics/vocals are passionate.
should kill themselves too. screaming doesnt qualify as good music and simply because a piece of music "crecendos" quite well doesnt mean its good. do you even know what a crescendo is? haha... he tried to sound "samrt"

gh0st said:
i agree with poksmote, linkin park should kill themselves. anyone who likes linkin park or listens to them because their lyrics are inspirational or whatever should kill themselves too.

Careful, you might fall off the fence with thinking like that.

jesus h CHRIST!! could you milk-toast babies actually pick a definitive position on the matter?? good grief :bonce:

I like some of LPs stuff, but I can agree it's pretty... monotonous. I'll bet Chester has a pretty dern good voice underneath all the gravel, too bad he doesn't use it or something. Still Hahn pwns, check out Cure For The Itch :cool:

Linkin Park is a rollercoaster.

I like them though. I guess I have bad taste in music then. The world is ending.

Oh no, I like a band that has been bad-mouthed by a stupid bull-shit internet site? I suck at life. It is because I like Linkin Park.
'You have bad taste in Music' is what decides what music should be like even though these guys know nothing and ask for donations from people who actually listen to music.

Only problem is that with every "breakthrough" band there are a load more bands with much more talent.

Evanescence is very similar to stuff like Lacuna Coil and to a certain extent The Gathering.

Stuff similar to Evanescence but much much better:

Lacuna Coil
Nightwish
The Gathering
Within Temptation
Inkubus Sukkubus

But thats just my opinion.

Oh and after buying Tool's Lateralus yesterday I have a feeling that this CD will be glued into my CD Drive for a long time to come....

Yeah, that is a great site. It appeals to me even more since I think that every one of the bands he mocks is perfectly deserving of it. That is, they all suck.

Absinthe said:
Yeah, that is a great site. It appeals to me even more since I think that every one of the bands he mocks is perfectly deserving of it. That is, they all suck.

Agreed.

I think comparing Linkin Park to Bob Dylan may be like comparing a kitten to godzilla. Might want to start smaller.

That list is absolutely right. I hate LP and Evanescence so much...

all those bands suck. i totally agree.
i really don't understand people who don't appreciate real music and listen to these crappy bands.

evanescence is awesome. their 'debut' CD Fallen was decent enough, but its their old stuff that i like... including alt. versions and remixes. i have about 80 songs by them... good stuff.

staind used to be good.

linkin park has actually gotten better, in some regards, over the years. i thought Hybrid Theory was pretty wimpy, but the Re-animation remixes were decent, good beats, good guest appearances. Meteora is ok, better than HT... its good enough.

story of the year is pretty good as well. i really really liked the single Until The Day I Die, until i heard it played about a bajillion times.

finger eleven is a damn good band, what are these guys talking about? granted, their latest CD pretty much sucked, but do these guys only go off the popular albums? apparently.

same goes for adema, they have some great songs.

to those who said that this site should include all forms of hip hop music.

well i guarantee that you NEVER heard any hip hop. you just heard radio pop shit.

and if you DID listen to "real hip hop" and still made that comment, you're plain retarded. no other possible option.

I can't stand listening to most of the stuff they put on the radio. I mean, that hip-hop-poppity-rap crap they play over and over again on the radio is some of the worst music I've ever heard.

I can eat alphabet soup and shit better lyrics than what is out on the radio and MTV.

Damn MTV.

mayfer said:
all those bands suck. i totally agree.
i really don't understand people who don't appreciate real music and listen to these crappy bands.

I listen to Linkin Park (actually I've gone off them a bit, but I won't avoid listening to it) as well as a whole lot of "good" bands. What's with this perception that people who listen to generic music have bad taste? There's no such thing (to an extent :p).

Linkin Park has some good music, which I attribute entirely to the asian guy.

However, their vocals and lyrics are ass, pure and simple.

I agree about Linkin Parks lyrics - they are very boring and generic. They are not 'passionate'.

You want amazing lyrics - listen to Bruce Dickinson's album The Chemical Wedding, which is based on the works of William Blake.

Linkinpark's music is good...
linkinpark's vocalists suck.

I already made a thread about this a long time ago in general off-topic

Linkinpark's music is good...
linkinpark's vocalists suck.
I couldnt agree more. I could even go as far as saying id listen to them if they had a decent vocalist and style however Id be lieing

that site says godsmack is bad moosic
if i ever see the peice of shit who writes that site im gonna give him a VERY stern talking to!
and im not really a fan of any of the other music this dude disses, but i can see merits in some of them, and this dude is full of it.

and where is destinys child and Chingy and that loser who wears a bandaid all the time?

EDIT: it is pretty damn funny though :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I agree with that site, I tend to stay away from the mainstream music except classic rock, which really isn't all that mainstream considering what the majority of people are listening to these days. FFS pop-punk and this mainstream "nu" metal garbage needs to die. Granted there are a few good bands in the nu metal category, most are bad, especially those listed on that site. I think if the radios would just try something new and put good talented music on the radio, maybe people would realize how bad some of this music is.

Lol, I wish they would do a rap concert, they would get their ass kicked. I love that site though.

Of those bands listed in the link, I like Linkin Park, Evanescence(sort of) and Puddle of Mudd

O_O, W...w...why is Evanescence there?!
A..and, They list them as mainstream?
W. T. F.
I love Eva.
I loved them waaaay before they decided to get themselves known.
Sure, They sound similar to Lacuna Coil and Nightwish, but what's wrong with that?
I love all three bands, They have excellent vocals and instrumentals.
Close-minded people imo.

xlucidx said:
O_O, W...w...why is Evanescence there?!
A..and, They list them as mainstream?

1.) They suck.
2.) They are mainstream.

Well, damn, I've been proven wrong.
Guess I oughta start hating them with a passion now.
-sigh-

Everyone is missing the real point of this website.
It's not really about whether the music is likeable or not. (Personally, I would also consider some of the 'good" music to be bad music as well...)
It's the fact that these bands' fans have the intelligence of gnats and make themselves look like assclowns. Just watch the videos, they are pretty self-explanatory.
No amount of arguing here is going to change anyone's mind about what they like or not, but we can all agree that these little documentary films are pretty funny.

The only reason people like bands like Linkin Park, Staind, Evanescence, is because they haven't listened to the 1000s of better bands yet. I have.

StardogChampion said:
The only reason people like bands like Linkin Park, Staind, Evanescence, is because they haven't listened to the 1000s of better bands yet. I have.

Really? I guess I haven't listened to them all yet. Could you list them for me? I'd appreciate it.

:p

everyones tastes vary and so many people just moan and whine about what i like listening to (even though i actually listen to a wide and diverse range)...Find out what music this guy listens to...PAY-BACK TIME!!!

SearanoX said:
Taste is an opinion, but that doesn't mean that one can't express that opinion while humiliating those that don't share it.

'sall I have to say.
Well said.

Back