Your favorite game of all time

Then there is that Ricochet 2 talk and "these things, they take time"

Based on the Nerdist podcast, its still in the conceptual/writing stage as Gabe said "We go do Richochet and everybody's like Where's the sequel? And we're like We can't figure out how to make it better its kinda perfect the way it is so how could we possibly ever do Richochet 2?"

They mentioned they've been working on a successor to Source for a while, and they're just waiting for a game to roll with it. Time will tell. Valve Time.

I'm going to go the lame route and say Ocarina of Time, because of reasons and feels.

Also, Super Smash Bros Brawl for being a ****ing amazing party game and entertaining my friends and I for about two years straight.

I'm with ShinRa. It's their baby, their main game and they're tossing it aside for Steam/Steam Box. Which is kind of a slap in the face, because they're throwing it aside for a console, and their PC loyalists are getting ****ed because if you own a PC you're definitely not going to get the Steam Box.

Not to mention all this other hardware (biometric controls, VR/AR headsets, controllers with swappable parts). With the latest Valve firing spree, one would get the impression that they're changing into a hardware company.

Remember during Gabe's D.I.C.E keynote a week or so ago? Gabe mentioned heavily about multiplayer games (specifically about ingame economies, F2P variety), and nothing about single player games. So it goes hand-in-hand with Valve "Portal 2 being Valve's last isolated SP" what Geoff Keighley inferred during the Final Hours of Portal 2.

With the latest Valve firing spree, one would get the impression that they're changing into a hardware company.
Except the people they laid off were hardware/mobile people.

Please spare us your half-baked, ill-thought-out, poorly researched theories.

I really hope that Gabe's comment was a red herring designed to get people to stop hyping themselves up over a SP-only experience, at which point Valve delivers the best SP-only experience ever put to the FPS genre.

Except the people they laid off were hardware/mobile people.

Please spare us your half-baked, ill-thought-out, poorly researched theories.

Quite a few were animators and artists. Like Bay Raitt.

I really hope that Gabe's comment was a red herring designed to get people to stop hyping themselves up over a SP-only experience, at which point Valve delivers the best SP-only experience ever put to the FPS genre.

Gabe said he got mad at gaming journalists for quoting it like that, and that he meant SP game+social features (like workshop) being the future.

But what I'm confused about Portal 2 is far from being a SP only game, seeing it as a well suported CO-OP mode, steam workshop and hats. So it kinda contradicts that statement.

I feel indifferent about this whole thing.

Last time I was in here we were agreeing that Battletoads is the best game of all time and everything was awesome. What happened?!

Last time I was in here we were agreeing that Battletoads is the best game of all time and everything was awesome. What happened?!
Someone mentioned HL3. Then there was valve-rage. Then Gabe's staffing levels got brought in. Then someone got some lube. Then things just got.... oh, um.... nevermind...

Ahem <cough> yes, indeed.... Battletoads! Awesome game! :sneaky::cautious:

[edit] Hahaha... Just noticed how awesome those smilies are next to each other

Woohoo, second post.

Anyways, LoZ: Wind Waker for the Gamecube would have to be my favorite.
The visuals, the memories, the reading. That game flippin' helped me learn how to read.

darkside isn't here intimidating people into conformity

I'm going to go the lame route and say Ocarina of Time, because of reasons and feels.
Majora's Mask is better.

As for my favourite game I'm not really sure. It would really change day to day because there's many a game I love. I think I'll have to stick with the hold standby of Half-Life 2 right now.

Majora's Mask is certainly better, it's just that Ocarina of Time was the first game my brothers and I played when we got our N64 for Christmas. The feels are too powerful!

Also, Super Smash Bros Brawl for being a ****ing amazing party game and entertaining my friends and I for about two years straight.

There is nothing lame about this at all. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is objectively the best game of all time.

Back