Your favourite quote in all Half life games

Why do we have to wear these ridiculous ties?

There are a lot of minor, yet really good quotes that are easily overlooked.

"I think we misunderestimated!" -Griggs

"As if regular bugs weren't bad enough..." -Citizen (after killing an Antlion)

"Holy crap, I think I know that guy!" -Citizen (about a zombie)

Also, if you have a group of rebels with you and talk to them, they come out with random comments, and respond to each other with equally random comments, here are just a few examples...

"This is bullshit!"
"I'll put it on your tombstone"

"I can't remember the last time I had a shower..."
"I can't remember the last time I had... well... anything."

"When this is all over, I'm gonna mate!" -Male citizen
"That's enough out of you!" -Female citizen

"I just knew it was gonna be one of those days..."
"Don't forget Hawaii!"

"I think I ate something bad."
"That's... more information than I require."

"Sometimes, I dream about cheese..."
"Yeah, you and me both."

"Can you smell that? It's freedom."
"Have you ever had an original thought?"

"To think, all I used to want to do was sell insurance."
"I wouldn't say that too loud..."

And these are some of the things they say if you die while leading them.

"Doctor Freeman, can you hear me? Do NOT go into the light!"

"Dibs on the suit!"

"When this is all over, I'm gonna mate!" -Male citizen

Oh yeah, that one. I think it was thoroughly speculated here when HL2 came out

It's more like a combined one from a video.

"Not that I wish to imply that you have been sleeping on ashes..."

"With my brains and your brawn we'll make an excellent team!" ... -scientists in HL1
"When this is all over, I'm gonna mate." - rebel girl HL2

"What's the password?"
"I'm not even gonna tell you to shut up!"
"Come on in!"

Episode One

"When the singularity collapses I will be far away from here--in another universe as a matter of fact. You on the other hand will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed, and even in some which are essentially impossible!"
-Wallace Breen

"If you see Doctor Breen tell him i said F*** YOU!"
-Barney

"Time, Doctor Freeman? Is it really that time again?"
-Gman

"Tell me Dr. Freeman if you can. You have destroyed so much, what is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not."
-Breen

"God damn you Breen! You let her go!"
-Eli (for some reason this quote just sticks out for me, strange)

"How about it Dr. Freeman? Did you realize your contract was open to
the highest bidder?"
-Breen

"(long, drawn out) Doctor Freeeeeemaaan..."
-G-man, Ep. 2

That's all I can think of right now.

"we sure as hell didnt use guns!
we would just wrestle hunters to the ground with our bare hands!
....used to kill 10,20 a day just using our fists!
~gordon frohman hl2 ep 2

"Okay Freeman, be adequate!" - Griggs
"What the hell does that mean anyways?" - Sheckley
"Uhh... I dunno... I thought it sounded like somethin the vorts would say..." - griggs

I heard a funny one with 2 citizens

"Sometimes I dream... about cheese..." - Male
"I'll put it on your tombstone." - Female

"What is it?" - Kleiner
"It's your pet THE FREAKIN HEADHUMPER!" - Barney
"Llamar, HEADY! NO!" - Kleiner
"There he is!" - Barney
"Is Llamar with him?" - Kleiner

"Watch the headhumpers gordon!" - Barney

"I think we misunderestemated!" - griggs

"Ohh god! Three lights! This is gonna be bad... Ohh God, Three lights! Ohh god!" - Griggs
"... Hey, it's the vorts!" - Sheckley
"Uhh... YEAH! I knew that! I was just tryin to scare ya, Sheck." - Griggs

Also, the creepy vorts

"This is too much for us to weather on our own. We require the extract." -Cecil
"Ohh yes!" "THE EXTRACT! "Agreed." - Random vort Chatter

"A human is neeeeeeeeded... Join us freeman."
"Yessss! Join usss!"
"A just decision!"
"A humannn!!"

Also, I remember going to collect a few supply crates, and I fell through the floor, and I came back up to hear this.

"What did the freeman expect to find down there? Truely, the freeman leaves no path unexplored." - Cecil
"Uhh... That was what we humans call an accident..." - Me

And the classic AR3 chatter

"This is an AR2. Has anyone here used one?"
"Ar2... No... now an AR3, sure. Plenty of times."
"...There's no such thing as an AR3."
"Well, see, now in the city... The place was lousy with AR3s."
"No it wasn't."
"Yes it was!"
"No it-- So, do you know what the secondary fire does? It kills hunters. How did you city folk kill hunters?"
"We sure as hell didn't use guns! We used to wrestle them to the ground with our bare hands! I used to kill 10-20 a day, just using my fists!"
"So when you're out in the field you're going to be PUNCHING HUNTERS?!"
"Out in the field?! I'm not going out in the field! I'm a radio operator."
"That's it. You don't need to be here, and I'm not continuing the lesson until YOU LEAVE!"

Eli embarrasses Alyx
"And look at you, son, I knew if you two stayed together you could get through anything!
"Yep, we make a pretty good team."
"Well, that's good, because... Now that the suppression field's... down... We all have to do our part..."
"DAD!"
"Can you blame an old man for wanting grand kids?!"

And Kleiner and magnusson's fight

"Everything seems to be in order... It seems to be fine..."
"The last thing on my mind was submitting it for the Kleiner certificate of approval! Whatever troubles we encountered were that of staffing and supply difficulties. And get your cranial - conjugal parasite AWAY FROM MY NOSECONE!"
"Now listen here, Magnussen, There's no need for harmful terms!"

and then later

"Well, let's have a look at that data... If I don't do it soon I'll never hear the end of it..." - Kleiner
"You have my word on it!" - Magnussen

and then if you linger above the ladder where magnussen lets you down,
"For god's sake freeman, what are you waiting for? A HUG?!"

That's all I got.

Most memorabel for me was in Episode 2. The screen froze, everything stopped an the only thing you hear is:

"Doctor Freeeeeemaaaaaannnnn...."

The dread of meeting the G-Man again cannot be matched, though Breen's speeches and the AR3 arguement are good.

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes."-G-man

"this is to much for anyone to bare, but we will persevere"- All knowing Vorginaut.

"Doctor Freeeemaaan" -Gman

"You dispatched those gaurds with great dispacth" Vorginaut (I was like Huh?)

"RAHHH ARGH ROWAAGRR!!" -Zombie

"Outbreak, Outbreak, Outbreak."-Random Overwatch soldier

"Time Mr.Freeman, is it really that time again?"- Gman

"When you see Breen tell him I said F*** YOU!" Barney

"Gordon Freeman!" -Everyone that has ever been a NPC in a Half-Life Game.

"Time Doctor Freeman? Is it really that time again?"
This is my favourite quote.

"Do you think it's dead? Maybe you should whack it with your crowbar just in case." - Alyx, after shooting down the Gunship

"Well, Gordon, unless you've got a better suggestion... He is a robot, he's done the math. You, uh... did do the math, right? [Dog shakes his head]"
- Alyx

"The Freeman is a quick thinker and a fast mover." - Vortigaunt

"Aha! No pit would be complete, without a Freeman climbing out of it!"
- Vortigaunt

'Put that can in the bin citizen' Combine soldier Half Life 2... and I never do and get an achievement for lobbing it at him

What about the Combine Public Address System?

Most of my favorite quotes:

Welcome. Welcome, to City 17. You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining urban centers. -Dr. Wallace Breen

Your first introduction to Dr. Wallace Breen and his Breencasts. The first time I played through, I couldn't help but stop and watch at every opportunity, and I still do occasionally. It's just something about his motivations and idealist thoughts that make me want to listen, or perhaps it's his pervassive presence everywhere? lol

When the singularity collapses, I will be far away from here. In another universe, as a matter of fact. You, on the other hand, will be destroyed in every way it is possible to be destroyed-and even in some which are essentially impossible. -Dr. Wallace Breen

I don't remember off the top of my head who was the voice actor for Wallace Breen, but he did such a great job on read this line. That, and I love the thought of something occuring that is "essentially impossible."

Great job, Gordon! Throwing that switch and all, I can see your MIT education really pays for itself. -Barney Calhoun

This quote really does reinforce, that even though Gordon is an MIT graduate and that at one time worked for Black Mesa on one of the most secret government projects, all we've ever done with him in-game is push things into other things, flip switches, and whack people over the head with crowbars and guns. But then again, do we really want to play a Half Life game in which we must solve eleven dimensional mathematics, lol.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes -The G man

I just plain love this quote. It really seemed to set the stage for things to come the first time I played through HL2, as I'm sure it did for everyone.

Some of my favorite quotes from the Half Life series are from the Combine Overwatch Public Address System. In my opinion, the Combine Overwatch Address System's bland uninterested automated female voice as it echos through the streets is a hallmark of Half Life 2:

Attention please. All citizens in local resident block assume your inspection position.

Attention residents. Mis-count detected in your block. Cooperation with your Civil Protection team permits full ration reward.

Attention occupants. Your block is now charged with Permissive Inactive Coersion. Five Ration Units deducted.

Evidence of Anti-Civil Activity in this community.

Citizen Notice: Failure to cooperate will result in permanent off-world relocation.

Individual, you are charged with capital mal-compliance. Anti-citizen status approved.

Individual, you are now charged with Socio-Endangerment Level 5. Cease evasion immediately. Receive your verdict.

Citizen Reminder: Inaction is Conspiracy. Report Counter-behavior to a Civil Protection team immediately.

(Why haven't they put Inaction is Conspiracy on a T-shirt yet!?)

Local Unrest Structure detected. Assemble, Administer, Pacify.

Attention all Ground Protection teams. Autonomous Judgement is now in effect. Sentencing is now discressionary. Code: Amputate, Zero, confirmed.

Attention Ground Units: Mission Failure will result in permanent off-world assignment. Code Reminder: Sacrifice, Coagulate, Clamp.

Warning: Malignant Viral Interface Bypass detected. Polysasic Core reprograming detected. Sterilizers and Containment Field may be comprimized.

Priority Warning: Perimeter Restrictors disengaged. All stabilization deligates move to incursion hard-points immediately.

Quotes that just make me laugh:

"Okay Freeman, be adequate!" - Griggs
"What the hell does that mean anyways?" - Sheckley
"Uhh... I dunno... Thought it sounded like somethin' the vorts would say..." - Griggs

"Hey, it's me. Open the door."
"What's the password?"
"I'm not even gonna tell you to shut up!" -Episode 1 upon reaching Rebel Safehouse

They're always saying something's about to blow. I ain't buying it this time. -Episode 1 Random citizen Rebel

Oh no, the Kleiner speech is starting again. Can't someone make it stop?! -Episode 1 Random citizen Rebel

No pit would be complete, without a Freeman climbing out of it! -Episode 2 Vortigaunt

Citizen:"Your Kleiner's daughter"
Alyx:"Actualy my father is Oddesa Cubage"
-Ep1

"A word of advice, aim for the head!" - Father Grigori

This continues to be the most bad ass line in any video game ever made.

"Rise and Shine, Mister Freeman...Rise and Shine"

"Although not to imply that you were sleeping on the job"

-Both By G-Man

"About that beer I owe ya..."- Barney

"Our finest poet described it thus: Gallum galla gilla ma"
- Vortigaunt

Just cracks me up :LOL:

Anything the G-Man says.

How could one man have slipped through your force's fingers time and time again? How is it possible? This is not some agent provocateur or highly trained assassin we are discussing. Gordon Freeman is a theoretical physicist who had hardly earned the distinction of his Ph.D. at the time of the Black Mesa Incident. I have good reason to believe that in the intervening years, he was in a state that precluded further development of covert skills. The man you have consistently failed to slow, let alone capture, is by all standards simply that--an ordinary man. How can you have failed to apprehend him?
How says this and when?

Anything the G-Man says.

How says this and when?

That was a Breencast during the level Nova Prospekt.

"Combine... Zombie... Heheh.. ZOMBINE? Get it Gordon? Haha... eh..."
-Alyx D:

Sheckley-"Hey if you see a bug on me, how about you try to get it off next time.

Griggs-"I didn't see it!"

Sheckley-"Yea, no sure.....they're only like 5 feet tall!!

Alternately, you could just open the closet door and listen to it on the teevee.

^ I'm pretty sure he says "A word of advice, aim for the head!"

"This is bullshit!"
"I'll put it on your tombstone"

tombstoneql2.jpg

And I love Griggs' "I think we misunderestimated!"

"Still think there's nothing to chaos theory?"

"Shut up"

-Scientists, HL1

The AR2 argument between the Frohman and the rebel guy lol

- So, have you ever used and ar2 before? -rebel guy
- AR2..? noo.. but sure an AR3. -frohman
- There's no such thing as an ar3. -rebel guy
- Yes it was! -frohman
- No it wasn't. -rebel guy
- Yes it was!! -frohman
- No it wasn.. *sights* -rebel guy

smart ass!! lol

I don't think that was Frohman. Bring me proof then I'll belive.

"Sheckley."
"What?"
"Sheckley!"
"What?!"
"Forget it."

This delivers what no other quote ever will. I don't know why.

Back