Zeno Clash Coming to Steam (On Source Engine)

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]
What is Zeno Clash I hear you exclaim! Well it's a new game developed by ACE Team, an independent video game developer based in Santiago, Chile. Zeno Clash is an action/fighting game set in a punk fantasy world using the Source engine. The game looks to have an extremely unique art direction with an odd mixture of first person fighting which looks like good fun.
Zeno Clash is a story driven game that uniquely blends the first person genre with the fighting game genre. Players will play the role of Ghat, the son of an impressive hermaphrodite creature called Father-Mother, whose children form the most powerful clan in the city of Halstedom. Ghat must escape from his family and start an incredible journey with his female companion Deadra, who will aid him in the dangerous lands of Zenozoik.
Zeno Clash will be released on Steam and Direct2Drive this Spring and ACE Team are in the process of identifying a retail publisher. The full game upon release will only be $20![br]Check out the official Zeno Clash website, and the official press release for ZC. Even though these guys have only recently made an appearance, ModDB have already grabbed a word with a developer from ACE Team for a short interview about their upcoming release. We will keep you posted.

Gameplay video:

<object ><param name="movie" value="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/120387"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/120387" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="true" ></embed></object>​

Wow, that game looks weird as all hell. Jesus Christ. Looks like it could be fun too, so I think I'll get it.

Use the edit button, nub.

And yeah, it looks cool :p

Reminds me of MDK and Earthworm Jim. Really can't wait for this game!

Looks really good, it uses the source engine well. Might buy it.

Very detailed lighting and shader stuff they got going on.

Yeah, definately going to try this out.

Wonder what they were on when they made this game. Looks gosh darn amazing.

I am still pretty skeptical about this game. Looks like it could end up being similar to a bad old PS2 game with source engine graphics. I mean, I could just see the entire gameplay consisting of you running through levels and punching guys until you reach the last boss, and mostly nothing more.

I could be wrong, I'll just have to wait, I'd really like to see more gameplay.

I don't understand how anyone can think this is remotely good. This looks bad. Really, really bad.

Visual Appeal. Reminds me of The Labyrinth. Story also sounds interesting.

Wow, that actually looks pretty fun and interesting. I'm going to try it when it comes out

I think all of you are lying out of your teeth. This doesn't look good. This looks like shit.

It looks very different from anything else on the source engine. Game play I'm very unsure about however. Its quite impressive though to see how flexible the source engine can be if people actually try to make a game that isn't based on a militaryish theme.

Interesting. Independent games always have this "special" look and this game is a great example. Might even try it.

I think all of you are lying out of your teeth. This doesn't look good. This looks like shit.

I'm imagining Pesh watching the trailer, his sneer gradually growing more and more disgusted.

Looks gorgeous and very interesting. Could be shit if the gameplay is bad, but I'll be optimistic until I try it.

Back