Zombie dogs use to be in L4D

Afnopo

Reaction score
I remember along time ago one of my steam freinds told me that their was some scraped sound files still in existance in the Left 4 Dead files. Go take a look in Common>Left4dead>Left4dead>sound>player>PZ>voice you will find 4 folders, each with zombie dog sounds in them.

Sorry for the bad spelling.

edit: 50th post, HOEDOWN HAS BEEN ACTIVATED.

YEAHAW :bounce::bounce::bounce:

The two worst ideas I have seen for new kinds of infected in L4D are psychic infected and animal infected. Although dog infected would possibly fit in, because rabies infects mammals, I just have a strong feeling against animal infected in L4D. Some ideas I've read about would include insect infected and giant lizard infected.

Eh, a slightly faster/smaller zombie? Not really gonna help anything.

Maybe useful if it's implemented in versus, ie: only a single dog. It could work perhaps there.

A pack of dogs? Negro, please.

Oh yippee, now the Resident Evil fanboys will troll the forums and the game, saying how much L4D is just ripping off that series. And tbh, that is a very notable part of RE, zombie dogs, so it would be a little fishy if valve did that. Im against it for that reason and plus, they probably wouldnt be that fun to kill anyway.

Valve should be more original and come up with more wacky creature designs than just cliche zombie dogs...

I think there's a market for an Infected that actually runs faster than the survivors and a dog would be a good way to do it.

zombie whales!

giant walking zombies whale that you have to fight on top of a building while the whale climbs the building ala king kong!

or running from it in a wide street

Hunters take the place of dogs, I doubt they'll put them in.

I doubt they will bother adding them into the game, it is probably just a set of sound files to add spooky atmosphere.

I've noticed that nearly every single thread in here degenerates into lulz. Anyway, carry on man.

IIRC the 'dog' sound files are actually the hunter sounds.

Dogs mixed with regular infected would actually be a good pair. Think about it, most of the time you aim at the upper portion of the infected, if dogs were around them you wouldn't hit them.

How 'bout... Zombie cats? Eh? HE? Everyone enjoys killing cats.
True story.

sounds creepy... well besides the attacks, those all sound normal, besides the third one which sounds a bit deeper

on a side note, back in the "player" folder theres a sound file entitled neck_snap_01 and it's true to its name... anyone ever heard this ingame?

on a side note, back in the "player" folder theres a sound file entitled neck_snap_01 and it's true to its name... anyone ever heard this ingame?

When a smoker kills a survivor you can hear the neck snap.

Back