Zombie Master BETA v1.0 Released

Joined one game and couldn't spawn...could never spawn, waited with people a long time. Other prob is that there are no servers so I dunno how this plays even presuming I could spawn in when a game starts. Get that covered and it would be a pleasure to give this game a spin, i've been keen to see it.

What the deuce? Two servers and locked too? That's not nice.

Guess I'll go look for some pw's.

That's down to the people running them - we haven't got any control over that. I put up another official server to use today. Our #1 server will be up and down while we do some testing on it to fix the current bugs.

Good job zombie master team! I had fun playing it, thank you.

Wow, first time I've played with public members tonight and everyone is adopting the team'esque style playing manner and it's really good fun.

Also - based on the ZM website, players are reporting all bugs connected to this beta version and the ZM team are on the case to fixing these for a patch sometime in the future (and more maps I hear). The community support is truly wonderful, keep it up guys.

really awesome.

Some points though: lag is a major problem, but I doubt its fixable; is it possible to queue zombie master orders? It would make it so much more easy to control.

I can't wait to see this mod progress further. I think I will make a map for it. Anyone up for a suburbia-style map?

I just got off a great server with no lag.

I must say, great mod... quite a few kinks though.

Being unable to even hit a zombie sometimes.

The amount of people playing is crazy, the online atmosphere is great as well. Superb community support I must say!

I just tried to play for 40 mins but never got to :(

The server had 16 players but apparently only 6 people could spawn so every time a round ended, 6 spawned - 1 ZM and the rest died instantly and were doomed to wait until the next lottery. My friend and I never got to spawn, he kept crashing on round starts and I always just died :(

I look forward to the next release because I've REALLY wanted to play this mod for a while.

Yeah you need to be on the 12-player-or-less-slots-servers to be able to play all the time. Had a great time yesterday, although banshee spam sometimes hampered it a bit :p

hmm, I tried to convert one of my old maps, but the fgd is screwed up and labels all of my entities as "obsolete", making it impossible to make any entities.

Here is a pic of the map I was going to convert:
sf_suburbia30007.jpg

as soon as I can fix the fgd I will make this map into a class A zombie map (with enterable buildings, zombies spawning at one end while the players at the other, most of the parts will be in the buildings)

The street should be cut off at one point and the zombies and players spawn on either side of the boundary, making them walk around the street or whatever. There is too much open space in the approach of simple corner vs. corner, and being able to see all the zombies at once with that big open area doesn't work well with performance.

I feel it necessary to point out that collecting the parts isn't a ZM gametype per se, it's just an arbitrary set of game logic that I made up for the DocksOfTheDead map. The only thing required for a win condition is a func_win with inputs. It's entirely up to the mapper what they put in to get them there.

The street should be cut off at one point and the zombies and players spawn on either side of the boundary, making them walk around the street or whatever. There is too much open space in the approach of simple corner vs. corner, and being able to see all the zombies at once with that big open area doesn't work well with performance.

aye, it was originally designed for source forts, hence the open areas. I was going to redesign it slightly, (by adding a row of houses or a fence as you suggested in the middle). Actually I might just copy all of the houses and the basic street design and make a simple linear map that starts off in nice, safe suburbia and moves into more desolated, zombie infected areas. The street will be blocked off in several areas, which will force the players to move through some of the buildings and yards (many of which will have handy spawns for the ZM to ambush).

But of course I can't do anything now until I figure out how to get the FGD to work properly.

Back