Zune HD

Nope, I'm more interested in the Zii Egg.

No way. Between my DS, 2 PSPs, and my iPhone, there is just no need.

I honestly have no idea how they are going to compete with Apple on this, let alone Sony or Nintendo. Seems like too little too late, but we will see what they have to offer....

Honestly, the software and UI are great enough that I sold my iPod Touch to purchase this. Yeah, iPod Touch has the application store, but honestly, I've grown sick of looking for an app to be bombarded with... CowJump FREE, BouncyBALL FREE, PUZZLEGAMZ...

There are probably a handful of actual useful and decent applications on it.

I wanted it, but MS said that they have no plans for releasing it in Europe and import is a bit too much effort for me. It's a real shame because the specs look awesome and I could actually develop applications/games for it in .NET, as opposed to the iPod/iPhone.

I wanted it, but MS said that they have no plans for releasing it in Europe and import is a bit too much effort for me. It's a real shame because the specs look awesome and I could actually develop applications/games for it in .NET, as opposed to the iPod/iPhone.

Oh, but sir! They are releasing it internationally! Just not immediately. They've said they have plans to deploy it to other countries later in the year/extremeeeeeeeeely early the following year. Just give it time good sir! :D

its most likely because of the HD Radio feature that other countries dont, have.

im definately picking this up within the next couple of weeks, i mean they are sold out everywhere in the US. those this is definitely a hit. Also does anyone realize why apple always seems to be better....? i use "seems to" strongly there.

Oh, but sir! They are releasing it internationally! Just not immediately. They've said they have plans to deploy it to other countries later in the year/extremeeeeeeeeely early the following year. Just give it time good sir! :D

Not from what I've heard:
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/ne...l-no-plans-to-sell-zune-hd-outside-the-us.ars

its most likely because of the HD Radio feature that other countries dont, have.

Well, just remove the menu option, I don't care, I just want the damn thing!

Thanks for providing a link in the OP Soulslicer. I didnt know anything about it until this thread.

I do want one, and could probably resell my Zune 120 to make costs minimal, but I can't really be bothered right now. I also like being able to fit all my music and movies on it, which I wouldn't be able to do with the HD.

I might sell my 120 to get it. Im not an app guy really, if it plays music thats all I care about.

I do want one, and could probably resell my Zune 120 to make costs minimal, but I can't really be bothered right now. I also like being able to fit all my music and movies on it, which I wouldn't be able to do with the HD.

Yeah, I dont get the rationale behind giving a much smaller hard drive on a product whose main feature is HD video, which requires much larger file sizes.

Why does everyone want this so bad? The HD video is going to be used by pretty much nobody, because the screen is too small, and the process of getting videos to play on your TV will be annoying, and cost extra. Beyond that, there only new feature people might use is HD radio, which is also kinda stupid since nobody listens to radio anymore. But hey, I suppose that it makes listening to the same generic shitty songs over and over on every station a bit easier when its cd quality.

Now, if it had pandora, or could use Last.fm... I'd consider it. I ****ing want a not-shitty mobile device with pandora so bad.

Instead, dozens of people had to look it up individually, wasting precious internet.

Theres very limited amounts left, its best to think ahead.

I like the Zii Egg. But, I don't really go anywhere where I could just plug it into some random HDTV and watch movies. If I'm at home, I'll ... just ... watch them at home, taking the portable player out of the picture.

Like you said, little point in HDTV on a 3.5 inch screen (or whatever it may be).

Have you guys checked out the improvements to the Zune software? The music player pulls random pics of whatever artist you're playing from the net. Best visualisation ever. (Plus new themes and stuff)

I do like the software, the visualizations are awesome. Only problem I have with it is that it doesn't scrobble to Last.fm.

As for the HD, I don't really see the point in it for me. I have an 8GB, and it's just fine for me. Probably wouldn't use the video much, although HD radio would be kinda cool. I'll probably just get an iPhone/iPod touch eventually for my pandora/last.fm/other apps.

Have you guys checked out the improvements to the Zune software? The music player pulls random pics of whatever artist you're playing from the net. Best visualisation ever. (Plus new themes and stuff)

Those improvements have been there since last year I think (or maybe the last update 6 months ago-ish).

The improvements to the software actually revolve around the Quickplay / Smart DJ. Also, if you have ZunePass, you now can stream all of the music online. IE, if you're at work, you can listen to the entire Zune Marketplace! :cheese: One caveat being is that you have to have Silverlight installed, as that is what the media player on the site is written in. It's very, very, very cool though if you do, and have a ZunePass.

Back