1,000,000 free steak dinners.

Nice, thanks. I forwarded to my family. Unfortunately there isn't one anywhere convenient for me to get myself to. Pittsburgh..... *shakes fist*.

Enjoy your meal/s! :D

Filthy meat eaters.

Just kidding.
Kinda.

It's not so much against the glue itself, but the whole process which the glue is used in and how it's advertised. As far as I know if you go to the store or restaurant and get a steak that was made from scraps+glue, they do not have to specify the glue or individual pieces on the label/menu/etc. And they'll still charge you top dollar.

And that's the problem, because a steak made from the glue shouldn't be cooked rare/med rare. But you as a consumer have no way of knowing and if you go to a restaurant serving that type of meat, they'll be more than happy to cook it rare/med rare for you. Unless of course you like your steak cooked enough that it feels like a piece of leather.

I'm not entirely against it, but there's certain products that this shouldn't be used for or at the very least have it made clear on the label.

It's not so much against the glue itself, but the whole process which the glue is used in and how it's advertised. As far as I know if you go to the store or restaurant and get a steak that was made from scraps+glue, they do not have to specify the glue or individual pieces on the label/menu/etc. And they'll still charge you top dollar.

And that's the problem, because a steak made from the glue shouldn't be cooked rare/med rare. But you as a consumer have no way of knowing and if you go to a restaurant serving that type of meat, they'll be more than happy to cook it rare/med rare for you. Unless of course you like your steak cooked enough that it feels like a piece of leather.

I'm not entirely against it, but there's certain products that this shouldn't be used for or at the very least have it made clear on the label.
That is really fascinating! I had no idea that existed and when you mentioned it, I was thinking of some guy gluing meat together with Elmer Glue or something. It looks like it's just round steaks but I can imagine throwing the bits into a steak mold or something right? I order my burgers medium-well but that is really interesting.

Oh god I didn't get one.

I didn't get one either...

****ing Australians.

My dad and sister didn't get one either. Just a coupon for $5 off 2 entrees. Apparently it was advertised on tv last night though, so I'm surprised any were even available this morning.

Got one! Sounds good for a date night... At least one of us eats free... I'm so cheap..

Did anybody get an e-mail from them? Just curious.

Did anybody get an e-mail from them? Just curious.

Nope. It also wouldn't let me register one for my dad. It kept saying "Only 1 per household" even though I used my address for school for myself and my home address for my dad. Must have gone by IP or something.

Back