10,000 aliens from aliens vs 10,000 bugs from starship troopers

Mr-Fusion

Tank
Reaction score
Who would win this epic fight? I salivate at the thought of this battle.

Yea, aliens are more agile, as much as I love Starship Troopers, Aliens got dis.

But starship trooper bugs have the size and power. One swipe from a bug would clean up 3 or 4 aliens, yes the acid would burn off their legs, but that swipe would definitely be lethal.

I think you people are jumping to conclusions too quickly.

But aliens would be all 'jump, jumpy POUNCE, ****ED', Starship Trooper bugs would just he 'aaaarrrrgghh!'

I hate to say that I think the bugs from starship troopers would win at the very least because they have artillery fire and seem otherwise evenly matched.

He didn't say anything about the big beetles or anything. IF they had those flamethrower beetles, the artillery beetles and the grenade bugs from #3, SST would win.

The aliens would likely have something of a strategy though.

Aliens have acid blood, so even hurting them will hurt the bugs. So aliens. God I feel nerdy :dork:

Aliens, easily.

Acidic blood - check
amazing reflexes - check
relatively thick, hard to penetrate carapace - check
genuinely smart and often organized - check

Versus.. some bugs? c'mon now.

Bugs= Book or movie?

...actually I think the aliens probably have it anyway.

aliens would win just because of the possibility that a chestburster would make sex with a bug and create a buglien.

Wait so, 10,000 xenomorphs + 10,000 giant bugs duking it out in the open?

Step1

b2_6.jpg

Step2:

Nuke2.JPG

Step3: ???????????

Step4: Profit!

Aliens.

I love the Bugs, but impose any kind of numerical limit on them and they're just not the same.

Who would win this epic fight? I salivate at the thought of this battle.

I'de pay to watch that movie, I'm getting bored of all this psuedo meaningful crap movies are overloaded with.

There used to be a time when action movies were all about action and **** current affairs and politics.

Aliens would win.

Nonetheless i would still love to be sitting up on the door gun of a Huey or something just putting round after round into whichever mother****er i felt lol...control my friends, control!

The master chief would melee his way to victory against any foe big or small. FACT.

If it was a big open flat field I say the bugs.
They just have the strength, speed and they are a shitload bigger.
Aliens are great against soft fleshy creatures they can inpale with their tale
or bite but what good is that against a big bug.

Umm..doesn't these "aliens" have a species name? Because theoretically speaking, both the bugs and the "aliens" are "aliens". :p

I'd say the bugs though because they have a huge brain bug to do all the thinking for them and a bug with that much brains is likely to have captured and sucked the brains of plenty of the "alien" species, thereby learning a good bit of their weaknesses. Besides, "aliens" are overrated. The bugs are much cooler.

Off topic here but don't you think the bugs look an awful like antlion guards? Is this where VALVe got their inspiration for them?

are the bugs facehuggerable? even if theyre not my money would still be on the aliens.

the bugs just seem slow and stupid from starship troopers, but large and powerful and in large numbers. they arnt even a match for humans let alone aliens.

Eh? The humans in Starship Troopers get their arses handed to them throughout the entire film. :LOL: I think it's ''10,000 dead in one hour'' thats the end statisic of the first human vs. Archnid conflict on planet K, or it might be 1000. I can't remember, and no, I'm not using that number to weigh up how the Aliens would result, I'm just saying in general. I wouldn't call them slow either, and as for stupid... well, I thought that was explained in the movie about the bug intelligence? The planet-side fire on the ships, laying the trap at Whiskey Outpost for the MI...

My money would be on the Bugs.

Eh? The humans in Starship Troopers get their arses handed to them throughout the entire film. :LOL:

That's because the human military in that movie had the common sense of a 2 year old. What moron would send the infantry to battle it out with a never ending hoard of mother****ing giant bugs. That scene when they carpet bomb the ****ers was the only smart move they did the entire film...

Oh, complicated battlefield with buildings, cliffs, etc. and brain bugs hiding in caves and shit?

"Let's crack a planet"

That's because the human military in that movie had the common sense of a 2 year old. What moron would send the infantry to battle it out with a never ending hoard of mother****ing giant bugs. That scene when they carpet bomb the ****ers was the only smart move they did the entire film...

In the book the bugs' main strategic castes are located too deep underground to be hit with hydrogen bombs, and their soldier castes burrow underground as well. Although, in the book they count it as a loss when the bugs lose ten thousand warriors and the MI lose one man, because they are not depicted as the cannon fodder that they are in the movie. They're highly skilled and equipped with kick-ass exoskeleton combat suits. But the bugs also have lasers and spaceships and cities, so...

In the movies they've never even showed what the heck the bugs use to travel from planet to planet. Do they have bug mother ships or what?

In the movies they've never even showed what the heck the bugs use to travel from planet to planet. Do they have bug mother ships or what?

They have spaceships. That's about as much detail you get from the book. He doesn't go into much detail at all about the bugs, but they are not the mindless melee-drones they are in the movie. They're highly instinctive, and obviously the warrior caste was bred to fight and so don't have much higher brain functions, but definately more intelligent than in the film.

Btw- the film does mention the bugs "hurl their spores into space" in order to colonize other worlds.

Aliens hands down. They have exellent inteligence as well as being stupidly powerful, the bugs are powerful but are just mindless animals.

Back