12 week old fetus "walk" and "yawns"

A2597

Reaction score
Amazing new ultrasound technology, well, I guess about a year old now, but still. Give one a much better view of the child.

Scans reveal secrets of the womb

Edit: Since I know this may lead to an abotion debate....can we please attempt to keep it civil? :)

I saw that on the news, pretty damn cool :)

wow pretty detailed. My son's ultrasound images were nowhere near as good. Sometimes I had to look twice to figure out which end was which :)

This has staggering implications; early diagnosis for things like heart defects, downs syndrome and other abnormalities

i saw this before, i think it was in time magazine. those pictures are so cool.

i saw the photo's in the paper today, they really are amazing.
i've always believed that life starts from conception (the fusing of the egg and sperm cells), although i still agree with abortion. the Baby photo's are great.. i love how science progresses and shows such beauty.

Looks like it's sitting down and playing the harmonica to me :)

The quality of those images are great. A friend of mine showed me the ultrasound images of his baby daughter the other day. It took a while to realise what I was looking at (tbh it looked like a Face Hugger /o\)

Awww...

We've come a long way. It's pretty cool really.

EDIT: Now that I look at the yawn picture again, it does look like that famous painting "The Scream"

Does anyone know how those '4d' images are created? Doesn't really go into specifics in that article. £275 for an hour is pretty good value (if you can keep a video of it on DVD maybe?).

those are awesome photos. too bad people will use this technology to abort their children more often.

Adidajs said:
those are awesome photos. too bad people will use this technology to abort their children more often.

"hmmm looks too much like a baby, lets abort it" :rolleyes:

CptStern said:
"hmmm looks too much like a baby, lets abort it" :rolleyes:

did you even read the article? they said they could probably diagnose problems earlier like cerebal palsy. what do you think the options are for parents? ta-da!

Adidajs said:
did you even read the article? they said they could probably diagnose problems earlier like cerebal palsy. what do you think the options are for parents? ta-da!
i'm all for improving the genetic stock of our weak little species.. abort away!

Adidajs said:

you could determine things like cerebral palsy with conventional ultrasound (to a point)...still doesnt mean parents will choose to abort

Its much easier with this technology. It would lessen the dilema for many parents who aren't sure if they want a healthy "normal" baby.

Well personally if I found out my prospective child had cerebal palsy or some similar condition I wouldn't go for abortion, but I might look into putting it up for adoption. But that's just me (and since I'm only 18 my views might change someday :) )

Eejit said:
Well personally if I found out my prospective child had cerebal palsy or some similar condition I wouldn't go for abortion, but I might look into putting it up for adoption. But that's just me (and since I'm only 18 my views might change someday :) )
for some reason i read that as 'putting it up for auction'.. lol

edit: :stare: seems logical to me FLS

Auction....Hmm, it would make sense to make money out of that which you gave living space for 9 months.

Even better, I'd get a share for only... putting up with vicious mood-swings and food cravings for a good part of a year... hmmm...

Back