18 year old kills 5 & himself on day of graduation

Erestheux said:
Guys, guys. Obviously craig, isis and Chav know EVERYTHING about... well, anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/05/28/uk.shootings.reut/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/09/nireland/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4567791.stm

Oh wait, there are THREE cases in the UK! Wow! They all look similar, and they are all fairly recent!

But no, I'm sure that that sort of thing only happens in the USA. Those are just fake. Also, the USA doesn't have a population that outnumbers most European countries at all, which would mean that the shooting to population ratio would make it so that more shootings do indeed occur in the USA. Oh no. Chav and isis are just genius. Let me guess, they are also not Americans? Why would they be!? Americans are so stupid and fat! HA!

(Sorry for only getting cases in the UK, I didn't feel like finding some for other European countries. I've got nothing against any nation, actually. :))

hey UK is not in Europe :hmph:

SpuD said:
You're an idiot...
Don't bring that shit here, dumbass.
What about all the murders that happen in other countries? People eating people?

Haha SpuD, you ROCK!

SpuD said:
You're an idiot...
Don't bring that shit here, dumbass.
What about all the murders that happen in other countries? People eating people?

he wanted it...and if you dont be careful IM GONNA EAT YOU :bounce:

strange he finshed Highschool, shouldnt he be happy instead killing family and friends

Things have a higher chance of happening in america cause we have a higher population! oh noes...

That sucks, that happened at my friend's cousin's college.

I was going to make a joke about his last name being moody, but figured it wouldn't be in good taste.

/me slips away from the thread

You may now carry on

jsc1286 said:

I think most people know that the US has a real gun crime problem. To deny that is to just stick your head in the sand.
I think Canada in terms of proportion of its population is as armed as the US is, but there are far fewer killings there. Its obvious that either you have more crime, and thus people feel safer with more guns, or people are just more trigger happy. I think elements of both come into it tbh.

Killing with a gun is so detatched compared to the days before guns were invented. In the words of Sonny Corleone, you had to get up close and...BADA BING, you blow his brains all over your nice Ivy League suit hehe. Im sure it makes it easier for a kid to go on the rampage just by pointing and pulling a trigger, than if he had to get up close and stab people and get blood and gore all over him.

In the UK the problem is even more rare as we have a total handgun ban. Obviously criminals can get hold of guns in any country in the world - but the UK has one of the lowest rates of gun crime in the Western World. The point is, its a lot harder for a deranged middle class school kid to get hold of a gun in this country, than it is in the US where im sure a lot of parents keep guns in the house.

Anyway, as for google fights...you shouldve really used quote marks, look:

clicky

1860/3 = ratio of 62.
UK population = 60 million
US population = 300 million
ratio of 5.

Pwned anyone?

MarcoPollo said:
Things have a higher chance of happening in america cause we have a higher population! oh noes...

Your logic is flawless. According to your 1337 logic, china should have more school shootings than anywhere else in the world, which it doesn't.

You are a tool.

Gunner said:
Your logic is flawless. According to your 1337 logic, china should have more school shootings than anywhere else in the world, which it doesn't.

You are a tool.

China is loaded with peasants...

Gunner said:

You are a tool.

lol think I just proved that to him with a bit of elementary ratio maths up there mate :D

Cons Himself said:
China isnt as poor as you might think. And what? Dont peasants go to school or kill each other?

I didn't say china is poor. I said china is loaded with a bunch of people with the ranking of peasant, pretty much... low class farmers(not that I consider them low class... the chinese do). And no, many children out there do not go to school, much less school with availibility of guns out around their villages.

Sorry? Have you been to China? Because I have - Hong Kong and Guangdong province, then further up the coast to Shanghai, and then all the way to Beijing.

China is not even a third world country. Sure there are a lot of peasants, but there is a huge middle class too.

The only reason China doesnt have a gun problem is not because of its size, or number of peasants. Its simply because gun-control has been prevalent in China since 1935.

Cons Himself said:
lol think I just proved that to him with a bit of elementary ratio maths up there mate :D

Yeah, I saw that hehe. They just don't want to admit that this problem stems from their violent gun culture.

Cons Himself said:
Sorry? Have you been to China? Because I have - Hong Kong and Guangdong province, then further up the coast to Shanghai, and then all the way to Beijing.

China is not even a third world country. Sure there are a lot of peasants, but there is a huge middle class too.

The only reason China doesnt have a gun problem is not because of its size, or number of peasants. Its simply because gun-control has been prevalent in China since 1935.

No, I haven't been to china, and I wasn't insinuating china has low gun problems because they have lots of peasants either... I was just saying... china has alot of peasants(farmers). I didn't mean anything bad by it.

Gunner, I was trying to say that there are other reasons that America is more probable to have this situation. Culture or gun control put aside. But I guess you calling me a tool makes YOU feel good inside....

Edit: Cons himself, stfu, go join the "I hate America club."

2nd edit: Cons, stop double posting....IT's twice the annoyance!

No, thats simply not true. It is BECAUSE of your culture and only your culture that you have such a problem.

If you proportion it out - Canada has more guns per capita than the USA, yet they have less gun shootings per capita than the USA. Hmmm, how do we explain that one I wonder.

Your culture, and by that I mean:
Right to bear arms
Huge income discrepancies between rich and poor, create inner city poor ghetto areas where drug and gun crime are rife
People keep guns at home within the reach of children.

This is what give you such a bad record when it comes to school shootings and gun crime in general. Check out my post on the last page.

Oh and calling people 'cockfags' on multiple occassions? Hmm Report Bad Post is my friend :)

Raziaar said:
No, I haven't been to china, and I wasn't insinuating china has low gun problems because they have lots of peasants either... I was just saying... china has alot of peasants(farmers). I didn't mean anything bad by it.

Sorry mate, must have mis-understood you. Thought you were saying that China doesnt have gun crime because they had a lot of peasants - must have got hold wrong end of the stick. My apologies sir :)

Cons Himself said:
Sorry mate, must have mis-understood you. Thought you were saying that China doesnt have gun crime because they had a lot of peasants - must have got hold wrong end of the stick. My apologies sir :)

Heh, I was only talking about those very rural areas with lots of farmers who work on the rice fields and stuff.

I'm not under the stupid misconception that china is just a bunch of villages and farms. lol. Its much like the states really... except less developed probably in most areas.

MarcoPollo said:
Gunner, I was trying to say that there are other reasons that America is more probable to have this situation. Culture or gun control put aside. But I guess you calling me a tool makes YOU feel good inside....Well me calling you a cockfag makes me laugh AND feel good inside.....

Edit: Cons himself, stfu, go join the "I hate America club." cockfag lol (<----how is that even offensive)

2nd edit: Cons, stop double posting....IT's twice the annoyance!

ok yes ill go join the club to hate america.

FYI mate, playground insults like that dont work on mature people. And quit the abuse otherwise you will be in trouble - multiple posts across here and the politics forum you have called people cockfags. People have been banned for less so id watch my step if I were you. Its not big, its not clever and it makes you look immature.

Nice edit btw. You're still immature though, and the record of your post is there ^^. :)

MarcoPollo said:
Gunner, I was trying to say that there are other reasons that America is more probable to have this situation. Culture or gun control put aside. But I guess you calling me a tool makes YOU feel good inside....

Well you failed miserably, try again.

^^^ I said "cockfag" 3 times because it is funny. Not because I think it is insulting. If I REALLY wanted to insult you I would take time to think of some witty comment. But since you see the need to bypass asking me to stop saying that and went straight to the mods, I edited my post as soon as I saw the PM. I, on the other hand, just told you to stop double posting rather than got all riled up. It seems like that comment DOES affect you "Mature people".

A bit like your ''sieg heil'' post in the politics forums that was deleted right? That was a great idea. Got a warning yet?

As for thinking of something 'witty' to insult me with, im sure you could, seeing as how you have met me in RL, know my character inside out and are thus in a GREAT position to make cutting witty remarks about me. Yes.

As to the topic at hand: people are not America haters simply because they are pointing out the fact that America has a cultural gun problem.
Please mate, stop digging, its embarrassing.

Ok, wtv, you win. LEAVE ME ALONE. There was a crazy guy that blew away some classmates and himself. I didn't look into it more than that but I guess you are too smart for me. CF.

Yes. Please quote me where I said America sucks, or made generalisations about America.

America has a cultural gun problem: FACT.

Learn to deal with it.

Yes and I enjoyed the debate with you sir. Very informative conversing with such a knowledgable person. ahem. Enjoy your nap.

Cons Himself said:
Yes and I enjoyed the debate with you sir. Very informative conversing with such a knowledgable person. ahem. Enjoy your nap.

my conclusion is that you are being sarcastic. i think.

^
^ what?

btw, in the ROK, everytime the constitution is changed, it goes like: 1st Republic 2nd Republic and so on....

we're at the 7th Republic i think.

CptStern said:
the right to bear arms

oh.

disgusting. hunting bears and cutting their arms off...... (not serious)

Question: doesn't it have some restrictions?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Erm, does it look like it would have some restrictions?

No, it doesn't. At the time it was instituted in the 1700-1800s it seemed like a good idea. Of course now we have maniacs, but IT DOESN'T ONLY HAPPEN IN AMERICA. We report it, unlike other nations who are not "allowed" to.

Back