2 questions...

T

ThePiston

1) I'm guessing HL2 will be Directx9 compatible, but do I need to buy a video card that uses it too?

2) I keep hearing that the game will come out Sept. 30th. I preordered the game on amazon and the date said Dec. 15. Which is correct?

1) no, anything DX6 and up is compatible, but of course you wont get full visuals and effects of the game

2) trust me, itll be sept 30th

guinny is right.... the release date won't slip :).... but my advice is to wait until the 3d card war is over.... and then purchase the best card around :)

I guess I'll cancel the order from amazon then. Are you guys preordering? Where from?

nah, ill be there sept 30th, missing school, waiting at my local store at 6 in the morning

but you won't miss school if it's 6 in the morning? will you?
I'll be at my local store as well I think, but unfortuenly it won't open before 8 I think

Why...why oh why bring the old thread up.:(

Originally posted by mrBadger
guinny is right.... the release date won't slip :).... but my advice is to wait until the 3d card war is over.... and then purchase the best card around :)

Yes but unfortunally i don't think it will ever be over, with all the things like the 3d mark cheating they both (ATI and Nvidia) try to have the best market's opinion. And it will last for a long loooong time.

I preordered the game on amazon and the date said Dec. 15.
Maybe on that date they are will be send you the game :)

Amazon is almost as bad as EB with game dates, cept amazon is always late whicle EB says they're early.

LoL 6 in the morning...Maybe they'll have a midnight special where you can get HL2 at HalfPrice.:cheers:

Back