5 bands I hate (A rant)

L

Lollybo

1. Jimmy Eat World- I dunno if their song called "sweetness" is an actual song or a retard anthem. Seriously, I could get a tape recorder and go to the special ed department of my school and hear someone scream "WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". -10 points also for being a bunch of 40 year olds singing about high school.

2. Green Day- I was flipping through Time magazine one day and I saw a goth with a blank face staring at me with his arms crossed. At first I thought it must have been a mistake and I was reading a health department special on idiot punks going through their midlife crises. Then I realized it was a [un]professional band.

3. Linkin Park- I remember the good old days when bands were made by a mutual group of friends who knew each others' strengths and weaknesses. Until I realized that this band was just a corporate scheme saying "we need a drummer, who wants to be a drummer?" The lead singer's screaming pissed me off more. The goth/punk/rap mixture does not work well. The Jay Z special pissed me off too. They ruined the pimp Jay Z with this stupid adolescent midlife crises screaming by a bunch of high school dropouts.

4. The Dashboard Confessionals- Emo sucks. Period. I don't care if your lost one is forever gone and your heart is like a broken river, you make 10 figure sums for doing a 2 minute song and should not be complaining. Rappers like Tupac who grew up in the ghetto DO have the right to complain, and you don't.

5. Black Eyed Peas- No further explanation is necessay. After listening to "hey Mama" I felt my brain cells jumping out of my ears. Thanks a lot.

Hmm, agreed. But as far as i'm concerned the only good music is classical.

DoctorGordon said:
How interesting - I believe that's the first thing I've ever agreed with you on :)
Well, it's not the only good music, but it is fantastic.

I'd have issue with Greenday's look if they're music wasn't so damn good, and while I don't listen to them I think the Jimmy Eat World argument is just bizarre. "Sweetness" isn't exactly new and is just one song they had on TV for a while, and probably wasn't even their biggest. They sure as hell don't look 40 to me either.

Lollybo said:
2. Green Day- I was flipping through Time magazine one day and I saw a goth with a blank face staring at me with his arms crossed. At first I thought it must have been a mistake and I was reading a health department special on idiot punks going through their midlife crises. Then I realized it was a [un]professional band.

Please explain how you think Green Day are unprofessional. :sleep:

Greenday are professional...
...arschmoles. I hate their music with a vengeance. Linkin Park - I admit to liking one tune of theirs. The one without vocals - Session - which is on the kickass matrix 2 soundtrack.

I agree with the thread completely, but I do like some greenday tracks, and some linkin tracks. That's all about the music though, not the bands or whatever.

I also love classical, what I love more are classical remixes (ok, stop laughing) like William Orbit - Barbers Adagio for Strings ... Just don't knock it till you've tried it ;)

Lollybo said:
3. Linkin Park- I remember the good old days when bands were made by a mutual group of friends who knew each others' strengths and weaknesses. Until I realized that this band was just a corporate scheme saying "we need a drummer, who wants to be a drummer?" The lead singer's screaming pissed me off more. The goth/punk/rap mixture does not work well. The Jay Z special pissed me off too. They ruined the pimp Jay Z with this stupid adolescent midlife crises screaming by a bunch of high school dropouts.
It's almost as if you think Jay Z didn't drop out of high school. He's just as big a dumbass as the rest of them.

Green Day, Linkin Park, and the like are far better than Good Charlotte and Simple Plan at least

I agree! But I think black eye peas are good for what they do - make catchy dance songs.

I like that Linkin Park tune with the disembodied heads and the robots and space-ork-ish things beating the crap out of each other.

Except for The Black Eyed Peas, I disagree entirely. :)

3. Linkin Park- I remember the good old days when bands were made by a mutual group of friends who knew each others' strengths and weaknesses. Until I realized that this band was just a corporate scheme saying "we need a drummer, who wants to be a drummer?"

Except they are a mutual group of friends, from California. The only one whom you could claim otherwise is Chester the lead vocalist, who came from Arizona after answering an ad asking for a lead vocalist for a new band.

Ennui said:
Green Day, Linkin Park, and the like are far better than Good Charlotte and Simple Plan at least
yep

i have a wide music taste and i think green days older stuff is cool but that whole image their going on about now is bullocks they are completely milking it

i have 2 linkin park albums, but i will never buy that jay z one... i respect them doing something new and diffrent but that just isent my thing

Jimmy Eat World are a good POP band (by the way that's what linkin park is wether you like it or not, their music is mainstream = popular = pop) i think the songs are good as long as i dont have to hear them on infinite repeat...

Black Eyed Peas just suck... lol that chick in the group is hot though :burp:

EDIT: it might be argued that pop music now adays is music pruduced to be a instant hit, in which i agree... but the definition of the word pop is still popular

over all: Good rant :thumbs:

I agree. And classical is awesome. Moonlight sonata is amazingly good.

I don't know, I think that Linkin Park is good, they have some tight beats and there old stuff is really good too (Hybrid Theory EP). I really dont care what people say, LP is cool.

DoctorGordon said:
What's wrong with baroque? Or are you using "classical" as a catch-all term?

dashboard are kerrang emo for a start. they suck. ALOT. all kerrang bands suck. ALOT. and tupac? your rant sucks.

All of those five bands suck - hooray! Agreement! :D

Lollybo said:
1. Jimmy Eat World- I dunno if their song called "sweetness" is an actual song or a retard anthem. Seriously, I could get a tape recorder and go to the special ed department of my school and hear someone scream "WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". -10 points also for being a bunch of 40 year olds singing about high school.

Sweetness
Jimmy Eat World
(Bleed American)

If you're listening.
Sing it back.
String from your tether unwinds.
Up and outward to bind.
I was spinning free with a little sweet and simple numbing me.
Are you listening?
Sing it back.
So tell me what do I need when the words lose their meaning.
Yeah, stumble 'till you crawl.
Sinking into sweet uncertainty.
If you're listening.
Are you listening?
Sing it back.
I'm still running away.
I won't play your hide and seek game.
What a dizzy dance.
This sweetness will not be concerned with me.
No the sweetness will not be concerned with me.

Point me to the part where they sing about High School? And as has been pointed out, they're not 40.

Anyways, don't diss the WHOA, it's the basis for so many classics :p

Lollybo said:

When you say they're unprofessional, you're basing this on -

1.) Eyeshadow
2.) ...

Lollybo said:

Haha, classic rant. They're corporate whores because they're mainstream and you don't like them. I'm going to go ahead and assume you don't know the first thing about drumming, but Rob is pretty talented and gives a solid backbeat to their music. Leading up to the recording of Meteora he was practicing about eight hours a day. If that isn't commitment, I don't know what is. And like the other guy said, they are close friends.

Also, Linkin Park ruined Jay Z? I'm not even gonna touch that one.

Lollybo said:
4. The Dashboard Confessionals- Emo sucks. Period. I don't care if your lost one is forever gone and your heart is like a broken river, you make 10 figure sums for doing a 2 minute song and should not be complaining. Rappers like Tupac who grew up in the ghetto DO have the right to complain, and you don't.

Dashboard are emo?

Lollybo said:
5. Black Eyed Peas- No further explanation is necessay. After listening to "hey Mama" I felt my brain cells jumping out of my ears. Thanks a lot.

Well, I can't disagree there. They aren't a bad band, just not my cup of tea. They have a kickass live band, though.

Killing2Live said:
I don't know, I think that Linkin Park is good, they have some tight beats and there old stuff is really good too (Hybrid Theory EP). I really dont care what people say, LP is cool.

yep LP rox
Greenday is good to ah Basket Case....
Black eyed peas AHHHHHHHHHH there really shitty

I'd stick up for green day cause they're ****ing awesome.

It's all your opinion if you like their music or not, but I don't understand calling a band unprofessional? Are there rules in music now that create professionalism when followed?

You can't really say a band sucks and another band rocks, there's always going to be people disagreeing with that, since musical taste is so diverse and down to each individual.

^ True...Everyone on this forum could have this exact same thread...

sabre0001 said:
^ True...Everyone on this forum could have this exact same thread...
Lets just do it in this thread!

NIN-The trendy goth band, they suck
Slipknot-white trash heavy metal
ICP- see above
Good chalotte- Good charlotte has almost single handedly undermined the punk scene, If you ever happen to go to a place such as bogarts, (its the place that gets the cool bands in cinci) these little bitches are standing in the corner being the effing individual they are with there 50 dollar good charlotte pants and shirts and necklaces and belts. And these dumbasses go around saying things like "man rise against blows" "anti-flag is not punk, good charlotte is" All I have to say is the one good thing the "courage crew" did was get rid of those fools.
Metallica- most overrated band ever to pick up an instrument
Limp bizkit- uhh red light green light? come the **** on.

Kommie said:
uhhh
NIN-The trendy goth band, they suck
Slipknot-white trash heavy metal
ICP- see above
Good chalotte- Good charlotte has almost single handedly undermined the punk scene, If you ever happen to go to a place such as bogarts, (its the place that gets the cool bands in cinci) these little bitches are standing in the corner being the effing individual they are with there 50 dollar good charlotte pants and shirts and necklaces and belts. And these dumbasses go around saying things like "man rise against blows" "anti-flag is not punk, good charlotte is" All I have to say is the one good thing the "courage crew" did was get rid of those fools.
Metallica- most overrated band ever to pick up an instrument
Limp bizkit- uhh red light green light? come the **** on.

Calling Nine Inch Nails a "trendy goth band" pretty much shows how ****ing stupid and ignorant you are about them to everyone else on the forums who knows anything about NIN or Trent Reznor.

I agree with you on the other counts, though - I also have to say that Rancid, AFI, and any of those other bands are certainly not punk either. Minor Threat and Dead Kennedys forever!

As far as Green Day is concerned - nice music, I don't buy the goth punk image though. They actually used to be underground punk, before Dookie, but then they "sold out", as punks are so fond of saying.

I listened to Linkin Park back when their site had less than 100,000 page views and no one else I knew knew about them - so I feel quite safe in saying that I like them. I love their visual style - the album art on all three of them is great, I'm very into that graphic graffiti style. The music is fairly good, some excellent remixes on Reanimation, Meteora was DECENT but Hybrid Theory was probably the best.

The dead kennedys are hardcore

AFI used to be "punk" punk in the sense of 90's revivalist punk, such as the u.s. bombs rancid and all those other bands. But davey havok really likes goth rock and they have been heading that way for a while. Also the new sound of "sing the sorrow" is thanks mostly to Jade Pugett.

NIN... I have only heard a few of their songs and thought they were trash, It just seemed that in my school all the goth kiddies (most of whom were people who I hated for various reasons) all loved NIN even though all they could say about them was "they are so cool" which is why I call them the "trendy goth band"

I can also like linkin park, and Hybrid theory was much better than meteora.

Green day, I really like ska so i think they are pretty good.

Green Day is extremely far removed from ska... and Nine Inch Nails is not trendy goth music, at ALL. Some of the people who listen to them happen to be trendy goths, but NIN is certainly not.

Ennui said:
Green Day is extremely far removed from ska... and Nine Inch Nails is not trendy goth music, at ALL. Some of the people who listen to them happen to be trendy goths, but NIN is certainly not.
Green day started out as ska, so in my mind they still are I guess. But you are right when I think about it. Damn you, it's almost like your an audiophile or something.

Lollybo said:

:LOL: Hahaha I love this guy :thumbs:

CrazyHarij said:
You can't really say a band sucks and another band rocks, there's always going to be people disagreeing with that, since musical taste is so diverse and down to each individual.

Except for Dance.

NIN? Trendy goth? :|

Orgy and Marilyn manson are trendy goth, but NIN are far from it. Go listen to more than just Closer or Star****ers, inc.

Back