5 bands I hate (A rant)

ukfilmer said:
nine inch nails are 'industrial' ffs.

Go listen to anything off "The Fragile"; only one song could really count as industrial off that album (Underneath It All). Hell, loads of songs off "The Downward Spiral" were really pushing it (Piggy, I Do Not Want This, A Warm Place, The Downward Spiral, Hurt). NIN haven't been doing industrial for almost a decade, the only other songs I can think of that were industrial post-Spiral were "Deep" and "Burn". I have a feeling that "With Teeth" will change all of this though.

NIN a trendy goth band...? I think someone's trying to be a cool rebel here... ;)

Does anybody like fear factory here?

BTW I can't stand punk bands or emo bands.

Kommie said:
Green day started out as ska, so in my mind they still are I guess. But you are right when I think about it. Damn you, it's almost like your an audiophile or something.

Uh..

Ska is more reggae sounding, upstokes on the guitar, accented offbeat, things like that. Listen to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones for example, they're ska. I wouldn't say Green Day was ever ska, they were more punk say in the pre-dookie days, but not ska.

Whats your favorite FF song? I would say Zero Signal or Replica (or ressurection)

Dog Day Sunrise is a great one, even if it's only a cover. Maybe 'Freedom or Fire" overall.

btw Freedom or Fire isn't that good Hi tech hate and edgecrusher are much better obsolete tracks.

My faves

SOANM

Lifeblind
Martyr
Scapegoat
Big God/Raped souls
Self Immolation

Deman
_______

Pisschrist
Self bias resistor
Zero Signal
Replica

Obsolete
_________

Edgecrusher
Ressurection
Hi tech hate
Decent

Digimortal
________

Linch pin

Never end

Archetype

ALL OF THEM!!!

I would have picked either of those Obsolete tracks, if it wasn't for his singing sounding really shitty and half-arsed. Freedom or Fire is where it all seems to come together really well. And Edgecrusher is just too digimortal for me.

Nice list btw. :D

SOANM

Leechmaster
Scumgrief
Scapegoat
Self Immolation
W.O.E

Deman
_______

Demanufacture
Self Bias Resistor
New Breed
Dog Day Sunrise

Obsolete
_________

Smasher/Devourer
Freedom or Fire
Ressurection
Timelessness

Digimortal
________

Damaged

Archetype

Cyberwate
Act of God
Archetype
Default Judgement
Human Shields
Ascension

:O

dude how could u have liked new breed more than pisschrist?!?!

Well, i'd tell you five bands i hate
U2 (WITHOUT help of maddox)
New Hoobastank. Old hoobastank rocks.
ICP. Obvious reason (Your kid's a failure in school and hes smoking crack out in the street)
well, that's all i hate. so meh.

Five bands i LOVE:
Linkin Park
System of a Down
Green Day
Marylin Manson (Well, yes, you heard me)
Slipknot (Their style is cool, i could live without their lyrics though)

Edit: I couldnt place this anywhere:

NINE INCH NAILS IS ONE PERSON
and his muzack owns my soul

Linkin Park + Green Day = GET IT AWAY PLEASE GOD

Slipknot is meh

Ah i do sorta agree with the rant although Greenday are a professional band.
Linkin park had an amazing first album, but couldnt follow it up, and just sold out on screaming in the songs rather than the decent singing Chester did on occasion.

I dont like punk/emo/ska or any of that.
im open minded on music, except when it comes to the above genres and goth and drum n bass. Classical is king :)

Bad^Hat, thanks for being the first to insert some intelligence into this thread.

Jimmy Eat World is a brilliant band. Absolutly Brilliant. One of my fav. The author of this thread obviously doesnt understand what the song "Sweetness" is about.

Anyone who talks shit about Green Day wasnt around for the Dookie days. Anyone over 25 should remember how that band changed the music scene. Unproffesional my ass. ---, kids.

Linkin Park and Dashboard are corporate, but write good emotional music nonetheless.

(I'm not familiar with Black Eyed Peas)

Back