8th May for Portal 2 DLC Titled "Perpetual Testing Initiative" [Inc Trailer]

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
The second Portal 2 DLC titled Perpetual Testing Initiative will be available from the 8th May for PC and Mac.

As we've previously reported, this DLC will allow players to "easily create, share and play Portal 2 puzzles. The Initiative comes with a simplified puzzle maker that allows the creation of mind-bending puzzles without ever leaving the game."

The puzzle maker can directly publish maps to the Steam Workshop where users can browse, vote on, and select to play them. Selected puzzles will automatically be downloaded and installed inside Portal 2.

Remember the "Perpetual Testing Initiative" trailer will be aired today on GTTV.

UPDATE: Thanks to user Motanum, after contacting David Sawyer from Valve (who has been co-ordinating the Puzzle Creator internal beta), he has confirmed there is "no co-op mode in the initial release".

David Sawyer has revealed that puzzle creator created maps can be exported into Hammer for additional polishing. He has also revealed that hammer made maps alone can be submitted to the Steam Workshop.​

Attachments

• no_coop.png
    no_coop.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,602
Reactions: FJS
But, is there any new story content at all? I've been looking forward to some new story based content. Otherwise I don't get why they would release a trailer to highlight what is essentially an SDK?

It's a little bit more than an SDK as its aimed at a much broader audience, and includes an in-editor voice over by GlaDOS. They are advertising it because they want to attract people who would usually be put off by a more complicated set of tools.

Well I am really excited for this. I am bad at using Hammer, so I'm hoping this will be a lot easier to understand.

Funny how they got JK Simmons back just to voice a trailer. I bet hes pretty expensive to hire.

I'm suspicious that he was actually there for other reasons.

Hah, so the reason the Combine invaded was not because of mineral resources, but because they were pissed Aperture stole their blueprints

The correct way to say it on the interweb is PR0N. :smug:

Back