A New Addition to the Valve Offices & TF2 Update

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Ever wondered what a real-life sentry gun from TF2 would look like? Valve and the fellas over at WETA Workshop have got you covered.
[br]

[br]
"Last week we took delivery of the full-scale level 1 sentry gun, made for us by WETA Workshop - complete with a motion sensor and audio. It's an incredible piece of craftsmanship that we just had to share with the TF2 community and any visitors brave enough to enter our lobby."
Looks great, guys![br]
There was also a TF2 update with the changelog: Updated some files, for no reason whatsoever however the actual additions can be seen here.

in before people complaining "why they dont invest that time on episode 3 instead of making that sentry?!"

Damn! I gotta sap some of dat automated sentry system.

Dayum, that's nice. Now that that is over:
We can has half-wife ep fwee pweaze?

in before people complaining "why they dont invest that time on episode 3 instead of making that sentry?!"

For the same reason people do insignificant fun stuff instead of working on a big project they have to finish.

why they dont invest that time on left for dead 3 instead of making that sentry?!

It's awesome, but I'd want the sentry to lock on to its target faster, like it does in the actual game.
Also needs a nerf switch.

I'm pretty sure WETA Workshop has no involvement in the development of Episode 3...

Valve's involvement with this sentry gun was likely just "can you guys make us this?" and "yeah, sit it over there".

Engee is strong, it takes like 5 people to move that sentry. can you imagine if they mass produced it, how many people would buy it? it would cost a fortune

anybody else notice the unpainted left 4 dead 2 Tank statue sitting on the corner of the coffee table?

How cool would it be if a random fan now created a sapper replica and placed it on the sentry when no one's looking?

Weta and Valve, my two favorite-est companies, maybe....

Making the most awesome physical thing in all human history!

Why isn't Weta busy working on Episode 3?

Back