A question about A movie. (marks on Model maybe?)

Urbanleg

Reaction score
Iv'e watched the movie when the street fight is taking place...
When gordon Throwes a grenade and one of the enemies is flying right toward him..
After that gordon runs and stops, right than the black man in white shirt runing toward him but being shot.

If u look carefully you can see the hole on his thigh.
Can someone confirm this Assumption?

CANT wait to play HL2 AlreadY! WHOOO WOO!

Hmm it seems hit decals are the big thing right now, I aready saw at least 3 threads about them in the past few days.

But yeah, I think you're right. Good find. I didn't even notice the guy was black; it's really cool how Valve made each character look different. :)

The Decals means so much!!

Here's an example:

Think your in a jungle map (if there is any in hl2) with high grass and suddenly someone shoot at you.. ofcource the next thing youll do is return fire .. after that (i u wont die) the fire will stop(and not due to reload) and youll go and check it out...
wouldnt it be lovely to find out you have just shot the man's head and nothing more after emptying a full magazine?! That Bastard!

:devil:

Originally posted by Urbanleg
The Decals means so much!!

Yep, it's a small touch but it might really add to the game.

I really hope somebody will make a mod (CS2 maybe?) where in addition to hit decals you'll leave a trail of blood if you got shot and start walking around. Then the campers could run, but they wouldn't be able to hide. :)

Originally posted by jat
errm hi guys, and whats a decal?!?!?!:cool:

decal

n 1: a design fixed to some surface or a paper bearing the design to be transferred to the surface [syn: decalcomania] 2: the art of transfering designs from specially prepared paper to a wood or glass or metal surface

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Yep, it's a small touch but it might really add to the game.

I really hope somebody will make a mod (CS2 maybe?) where in addition to hit decals you'll leave a trail of blood if you got shot and start walking around. Then the campers could run, but they wouldn't be able to hide. :)

The Quake III mod Urban Terror allready uses this technique, it's quite cool. Check it out at www.urbanterror.net

it's kind of a texture. I.e, you shoot someone in the game and blood sprinkle the wall, or bulletholes on walls etc etc, that's a decal.

That didn't make any sense, did it? :D

yep, big hit decal on his ass, it also looks like theres two on his left leg, one on his upper leg and one lower, but its hard to tell, it might just be the lighting/shadows.

[edit]

changed "left left" to "left leg" i really need to put down the crackpipe.

Wow, he must be superman. Shot so many times and lived :eek:

Originally posted by jhero
Wow, he must be superman. Shot so many times and lived :eek:

i think he died, cause uh, he fell down and never got back up....................

Ah i must have been looking at something else...

Ah i must have been looking at something else...

its after gordon throws a grenade at the two combine guys that go flying, then he runs to their position, and gordon turns around and the black guy is running across the street and gets shot by the turret (i think, or maybe the combine have really good aim) and then gordon throws a grenade and takes out the turret.

Superman, teehee, i wish i was superman...wearing all this blue and red shit...and a cape! maybe gordon getsto wear a cape and tights in hl2!

Btw: did u notice the guy which flown right towards gordon (due to the hand grenade) didnt really had a full rag doll ability? i mean he like frozed with one hand not touching the ground..

i hope they'll fix it.

Well, remember the characters have weight..maybe he was heavy and caused him to stop like that...

BTW i dont see the mark on the model at that particular time....

hmm that bit didnt really seem that realistic either, not that i've seen a person get blown up by a grenade, was a ****ing good thing to put in the demo tho, scared the shit out of me when i first saw it

Hmm anyone notice the red wall covering the combine during that scene..the material was like the translucent wall during the technology demo with the water man..

Though it was cool to show how materials are very well incorporated into the game..

Ummm.. I think that it might be an energy shield. But yeah, it was alot like the rippling water effect shown in the tech demo.

Well, remember the characters have weight..maybe he was heavy and caused him to stop like that...

BTW i dont see the mark on the model at that particular time....

you didnt see the big dark circular decal on the black guys ass after he got shot? it's very noticeable, if i knew how to get a screencap from a quicktime movie i'd show you.

Um just hit print screen on yur keyboard and paste in Paint. then crop the quicktime video picture in Paint.

Um just hit print screen on yur keyboard and paste in Paint. then crop the quicktime video picture in Paint.

that just gives a black image instead of the movie.

Really??? ok tell me the exact time at when it happen.

12:02-12:03

you can also see it more clearly a few seconds later when gordon runs and grabs the ammo from the street, since the guy is right beside the ammo...

Originally posted by Xtasy0
12:02-12:03

you can also see it more clearly a few seconds later when gordon runs and grabs the ammo from the street, since the guy is right beside the ammo...

Ok thnx

:s doesnt look like it, but then again we'll see.

Well you can see 20-40 seconds before this picture take place...

youll see clearly then that this man shirt and pants got no stains on them (wherever this stain of blood is.).

when the scene starts gordon running around this man and you can look than that this (black/reddish) point is'nt there before he get shot.

:s doesnt look like it, but then again we'll see.

when gordon walks closer to get the ammo you can see it looks like torn material of his shirt :) what else would it be? it wasnt on him before...and then he got shot...and then it was there...

Well, some better footage should be here tomorrow or today for a few of you.

i hope they release it at 8 tomrrow [about the time they should get to work]

Back