A Scout's Tale - A Team Fortress 2

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
http://junkiemonkey121.deviantart.com/gallery/#A-Scout-s-Tale

_Junkie_ has lotz of love for TF2 and he shows it in is cartoons.

A_Scout__s_Tale___Prologue_by_JunkieMonkey121.png

Isn't this the same guy who made those awesome NeoTokyo and Black Mesa Source trailers?

Hey, I did a google search for the term "A Scout's Tale" and was surprised to find this. Thank you very much for the kind words and I would be highly honored to have my comic featured. I've been getting more and more watchers every day on deviantART.

Also, no I did not make the Black Mesa Source Trailer. I believe the guy who made that was named MonkeyJunkie, which is entirely a coincidence.

This comic doesn't do The Scout justice, man.

Second one was better but still not that good.

Holy shit these comics are bad. You should feel bad for posting them, Blue Wolf, although we all know your posting standard so no chance there. But the rest of you, if you're reading them, and some of you in this thread are not only reading them but are enjoying them and are encouraging people to read past the first one, you're horrible people.

Also,

Blue Wolf said:
...his cartoons are getting a big following. If it grows Ill post them in our news section
1,720 views for the first one sure is a BIG following! I mean that's absolutely astronomical and yeah I could see how lameass Gmod cartoons with abysmal posing, poor pacing, delayed and retarded punchlines about necrophilia, pills, and HURR HURR SCOUT SURE LOOKS LIKE THE SHAMWOW GUY DOESN'T HE I BET NOBODY'S MADE THAT JOKE BEFORE I'M A COMEDIC GENIUS sure might deserve front page news status.

Goddamn furry Naruto fat fetish balloon inflation vote art on DA gets more than 1,720 hits.

Holy shit these comics are bad. You should feel bad for posting them, Blue Wolf, although we all know your posting standard so no chance there. But the rest of you, if you're reading them, and some of you in this thread are not only reading them but are enjoying them and are encouraging people to read past the first one, you're horrible people.

Also,

1,720 views for the first one sure is a BIG following! I mean that's absolutely astronomical and yeah I could see how lameass Gmod cartoons with abysmal posing, poor pacing, delayed and retarded punchlines about necrophilia, pills, and HURR HURR SCOUT SURE LOOKS LIKE THE SHAMWOW GUY DOESN'T HE I BET NOBODY'S MADE THAT JOKE BEFORE I'M A COMEDIC GENIUS sure might deserve front page news status.

Goddamn furry Naruto fat fetish balloon inflation vote art on DA gets more than 1,720 hits.

Calm down there, buddy. Someone posted a comic that you don't enjoy. Take a deep breath, I know this might be a bit hard for you to digest, but people DO have opinions that differ from yours. I know, shocking. How dare somebody like a little webcomic that you don't. Those bastards. Why do you feel the need to bash someone for posting a comic on a website? Does it really make your blood boil to the point of you having to make a stupid rant?

I don't care how many views I get. I make comics for my friends to enjoy, I don't push them out screaming how they're the best thing ever. You really need to grow up.

There's opinions, then there's certain standards that society has developed that determine whether something is good or not- good meaning it gives people a certain amount of pleasure and is a quality product. There is a bar set that all works and acts are judged against. Some things jump clear over; others can't quite reach. Your comic smacks it's nose on the bar and falls to the ground in a pool of blood. Whatever friends you make this comic for, their balls will drop soon and they will move on, and hopefully you can also move on to better things.

There's opinions, then there's certain standards that society has developed that determine whether something is good or not- good meaning it gives people a certain amount of pleasure and is a quality product. There is a bar set that all works and acts are judged against. Some things jump clear over; others can't quite reach. Your comic smacks it's nose on the bar and falls to the ground in a pool of blood. Whatever friends you make this comic for, their balls will drop soon and they will move on, and hopefully you can also move on to better things.

I honestly couldn't care less. What are you expecting to accomplish by saying this to me? Do you think I will stop making my comics? If people always listened to people like you, nothing would get done in this world. I'll let you know when your opinion starts to affect my decisions, thanks.

Junkie don't let anyone stop you from making comics. This the web and we have members who could care less about you or the fun you had making this. I liked it and you can only get better if this is what you want to do. Don't let a few of our members get you to act like them. This is the web of life some people wont reply and some will and some will post with WTF OMG LOL as you can see in a on line world and in forums you will have people who post with smart ass comments. As for you Dark if its community related I will post for everyone to view. If that bothers you "don't read".

I honestly couldn't care less. What are you expecting to accomplish by saying this to me? Do you think I will stop making my comics? If people always listened to people like you, nothing would get done in this world. I'll let you know when your opinion starts to affect my decisions, thanks.

Since everyone else seems to think it's their job to build you up, I figure that makes it my job to kick you in the balls.

Wow, I didn't even realize one of the three people saying "the comic gets better" was the author. That's even more hilarious. Also:

Calm down there, buddy. Someone posted a comic that you don't enjoy. Take a deep breath, I know this might be a bit hard for you to digest, but people DO have opinions that differ from yours. I know, shocking. How dare somebody like a little webcomic that you don't. Those bastards. Why do you feel the need to bash someone for posting a comic on a website? Does it really make your blood boil to the point of you having to make a stupid rant?

I don't care how many views I get. I make comics for my friends to enjoy, I don't push them out screaming how they're the best thing ever. You really need to grow up.
Calm down, buddy. Someone didn't enjoy your comic. Take a deep breath, I know this might be hard for you to digest, but some people out there DO have taste in their humor. I know, shocking. How dare someone not like your webcomic? That bastard. Why does he feel the need to bash you on a public forum? Does he really have to express his opinion?

I know you don't care how many views you get, but you apparently care enough to respond to my post. And I know you don't push them out screaming they're the best thing ever, despite telling people in this thread "read some more of them" and "I've been getting more and more watchers every day!" You really need to grow up.

Also also,

Blue Wolf said:
As for you Dark if its community related I will post for everyone to view. If that bothers you "don't read".
It feels like you try too hard, man. I know Community Content Writer is a major hard job that's so super difficult you might just up and die (lol hay guys remember when I was a content writer? Ya me too I know lol), but some of the things you post, man...and wanting to FRONT PAGE it? Come on.

Wow, I didn't even realize one of the three people saying "the comic gets better" was the author. That's even more hilarious. Also:

Calm down, buddy. Someone didn't enjoy your comic. Take a deep breath, I know this might be hard for you to digest, but some people out there DO have taste in their humor. I know, shocking. How dare someone not like your webcomic? That bastard. Why does he feel the need to bash you on a public forum? Does he really have to express his opinion?

There is a difference between "expressing your opinion" and just straight out being a complete asshole. I know for a fact that you wouldn't walk up to someone in person and tell them that their comic is horrible and anyone who enjoys it should feel horrible.

Secondly, stop putting words into my mouth. I never said that you couldn't like my webcomic. There are several posts on the first page stating how they did not like the comic. Do you see me replying to them?

I know you don't care how many views you get, but you apparently care enough to respond to my post. And I know you don't push them out screaming they're the best thing ever, despite telling people in this thread "read some more of them" and "I've been getting more and more watchers every day!" You really need to grow up.

I say "read some more of them" because I personally don't like the first few. Saying something sucks while only reading the first panel isn't a very fair assessment now is it?

It feels like you try too hard, man. I know Community Content Writer is a major hard job that's so super difficult you might just up and die (lol hay guys remember when I was a content writer? Ya me too I know lol), but some of the things you post, man...and wanting to FRONT PAGE it? Come on.

Really man, what is up your ass? What did he ever do to you? I don't get why you have such a strong need to belittle people.

Because the people are little. If we tell them maybe they'll grow up. Or die.

Also also,

its easy i get emails from fans of the site and they say he look at this. I post it in the forums and people like otr don't. It isn't hard at all. The hard part is members who think they could do this better but never apply to help the site. So what they do is call people out on the forums with opinions while not understanding if I didnt promote stuff related to the community we would just have other posts flamed with your banter. So either way I cant win. Dark and lefty you have made it known you don't like the comic move on do not post any more comments.

There is a difference between "expressing your opinion" and just straight out being a complete asshole. I know for a fact that you wouldn't walk up to someone in person and tell them that their comic is horrible and anyone who enjoys it should feel horrible.
And you know this about me...how? Because you've known me for all of five minutes? Or maybe you subscribe to the theory that everyone on the internet who acts like an "asshole" CERTAINLY wouldn't act that way in real life, because nobody on the internet has enough of a spine in real life to assert their opinion in a derogatory manner?

I don't know you as well as you don't know me, dude. Frankly, the only things we know about each other thus far is that you know I'm apparently a big jerk because my opinion is vehement and I know that you make low-quality GMOD comics for your friends, and that you seem to be a rather butthurt person when it comes to opinions about said comic.

Secondly, stop putting words into my mouth. I never said that you couldn't like my webcomic. There are several posts on the first page stating how they did not like the comic. Do you see me replying to them?
But you specifically replied to mine; perhaps because the most negative reaction you got from everyone else was "meh," and "needs better punchline." In the face of actual criticism like pacing, the subject matter, execution, poor posing, etc. and a style of complaint that's read as "angry" and "ranting," you obviously needed to respond to me with "THESE ARE JUST FOR MY FRIENDS WHY ARE YOU PICKING ON ME?" rather than just going on your way.

Really man, what is up your ass? What did he ever do to you? I don't get why you have such a strong need to belittle people.
Look, I like BlueWolf. He's an alright guy. DESPITE WHAT IT SEEMS I THINK HE'S AN ALRIGHT DUDE. Just some of the things he posts...man, you've been here for like six posts, some of the things BlueWolf posts are just like...when you see them you're like "ugh, why is he reporting on this?" It's a valid criticism. Doesn't mean I hate the guy.

But what I DO take a bit of offense with is, "If that bothers you "don't read"," and "move on do not post any more comments." Seriously? It is a forum, you know. By saying, "oh don't say anymore about how you don't like the comic or the things I post," well then why don't I just read a newspaper with no reply address so I can't tell them how much I dislike the content they're posting?

And anyway...Lefty's right. Sometimes people need to be shamed in order to straighten up.

I imagine the hard part would be having to ban/infraction your favorite members. *snivel* no ma, he's my dog *loads gun*

KA said:
Oh, please.

Yeah man I just read him saying that and I wuz liek, "AW HELL NAW" and I was gonna edit my post and be like "FOOL YOU BETTER NOT HAVE JUST SAID THAT TO ME OF ALL PEOPLE I WROTE LIKE HALF THE HL2.net WIKI THAT NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT ANYMORE"

but then I wuz liek, "Naw forget it I'm just gonna go back to General Games and troll the Crysis thread"

And you know this about me...how? Because you've known me for all of five minutes? Or maybe you subscribe to the theory that everyone on the internet who acts like an "asshole" CERTAINLY wouldn't act that way in real life, because nobody on the internet has enough of a spine in real life to assert their opinion in a derogatory manner?

I don't know you as well as you don't know me, dude. Frankly, the only things we know about each other thus far is that you know I'm apparently a big jerk because my opinion is vehement and I know that you make low-quality GMOD comics for your friends, and that you seem to be a rather butthurt person when it comes to opinions about said comic.

But you specifically replied to mine; perhaps because the most negative reaction you got from everyone else was "meh," and "needs better punchline." In the face of actual criticism like pacing, the subject matter, execution, poor posing, etc. and a style of complaint that's read as "angry" and "ranting," you obviously needed to respond to me with "THESE ARE JUST FOR MY FRIENDS WHY ARE YOU PICKING ON ME?" rather than just going on your way.

Look, I like BlueWolf. He's an alright guy. DESPITE WHAT IT SEEMS I THINK HE'S AN ALRIGHT DUDE. Just some of the things he posts...man, you've been here for like six posts, some of the things BlueWolf posts are just like...when you see them you're like "ugh, why is he reporting on this?" It's a valid criticism. Doesn't mean I hate the guy.

But what I DO take a bit of offense with is, "If that bothers you "don't read"," and "move on do not post any more comments." Seriously? It is a forum, you know. By saying, "oh don't say anymore about how you don't like the comic or the things I post," well then why don't I just read a newspaper with no reply address so I can't tell them how much I dislike the content they're posting?

And anyway...Lefty's right. Sometimes people need to be shamed in order to straighten up.

I actually feel honored you worry about what I post in the forums. Lets do lunch!

No, I assumed that because generally people I know tend to not be THAT much of an asshole. Are you honestly going to tell me that you walk up to people in real life and tell them that anyone who reads their comic and enjoys it is a horrible person?

I could understand if you came into this thread saying "I don't really care for this comic very much. The jokes aren't very good and you should improve more on posing." That is a valid criticism. Not "ANYONE WHO READS THIS IS A HORRIBLE PERSON AND THEIR BALLS HAVEN'T DROPPED YET RAAUGH" And lol, butthurt? I'm simply telling you that I couldn't care less if you don't like my comic. What are you getting out of flaming me?

You still seem to be getting "being an asshole" and "valid criticism" mixed up. And the sole reason I replied was because of the former.

But what I DO take a bit of offense with is, "If that bothers you "don't read"," and "move on do not post any more comments." Seriously? It is a forum, you know. By saying, "oh don't say anymore about how you don't like the comic or the things I post,"

Why can't you just leave it be? Is this one little thread in this big forum REALLY bothering you so much that you feel it is necessary to keep saying how much you hate it?

well then why don't I just read a newspaper with no reply address so I can't tell them how much I dislike the content they're posting?

Simple solution: Don't read the newspaper.

Mindblowing, isn't it?

Junkie said:
No, I assumed that because generally people I know tend to not be THAT much of an asshole
You ain't never had a friend like me.

And yeah, I've told people all kinds of shit they enjoy is craptacular and they need to get their life straight.

I could understand if you came into this thread saying "I don't really care for this comic very much. The jokes aren't very good and you should improve more on posing." That is a valid criticism. Not "ANYONE WHO READS THIS IS A HORRIBLE PERSON AND THEIR BALLS HAVEN'T DROPPED YET RAAUGH" And lol, butthurt? I'm simply telling you that I couldn't care less if you don't like my comic. What are you getting out of flaming me?
I'm a very passionate person about the things I hate. You've only just registered here, but a little bit of forum knowledge: DARKSIDE YELLS ABOUT THINGS. This is how things are done here. This is how things have been done for six years on this board. THIS IS WHAT THE PEOPLE EXPECT OF ME AND GODDAMNIT DON'T THINK YOU CAN COME IN HERE AND RUIN WHAT I'VE SET UP.

And you are being butthurt. I'm not saying that to be "grrr there's Darkside being an asshole that's his schtick"; I'm saying that because you saying, "I couldn't care less," preceded by "You could have phrased your opinion differently but what you did is just angry and mean" and followed up by "Stop flaming me" really sounds butthurt.

Why can't you just leave it be? Is this one little thread in this big forum REALLY bothering you so much that you feel it is necessary to keep saying how much you hate it?
I AM DARKSIDE, WATCHER OF THE FORUM. NO THREAD IS TOO SMALL FOR ME TO IGNORE IT. KNOW THAT MY GAZE IS ALL-PIERCING AND MY TONGUE IS THE SPEAR THAT SHALL STAB AT YOUR HEART WITH CRITICISM.

Seriously though this forum isn't that big. Nothing really happens on here and I run out of things to talk about.

Actually now that I think about it...arguing makes this place move a little faster. Hrm.

Don't read the newspaper
BUT THEN HOW WOULD I BE AWARE OF TERRIBLE COMIC STRIPS?!

BlueWolf said:
I actually feel honored you worry about what I post in the forums. Lets do lunch!

I worry about what everyone posts in this forum. And sure, we'll do lunch, but I'm the alpha. I get the big piece of food.

Stealth edit: goddamn people posting multiquote posts at the same time I post making me have to go back and edit my goddamn post I better not have one of those "this post edited by Darkside55 at this time" messages I hate those

non-stealth edit: goddamn it look it's right there "Last edited by Darkside55" oh I hate those so much look what you made me have Junkie now who's the jerk :(

I could understand if you came into this thread saying "I don't really care for this comic very much. The jokes aren't very good and you should improve more on posing." That is a valid criticism. Not "ANYONE WHO READS THIS IS A HORRIBLE PERSON AND THEIR BALLS HAVEN'T DROPPED YET RAAUGH"
Welcome2Darkside.

King of hyperbole.

That's the last thing anyone wants.

Also just so you know Junkie I edited my post in response to your previous one. Just letting you know, because you posted at the same time I did and made me have to edit my post. :angry:

and junkie ill post your next comic to. Just to spite these ****ers :) nuttn but luv

Back