Aliens : Colonial Marines

If anything this has gotten me much more focused on Aliens: Infestation for the DS. Multiple characters in a metroidvania style Aliens game? Yes, it should be pretty damn good and the previews so far are all saying as much. :)

If anything this has gotten me much more focused on Aliens: Infestation for the DS. Multiple characters in a metroidvania style Aliens game? Yes, it should be pretty damn good and the previews so far are all saying as much. :)
I've played and beaten Infestation, posted some screens in the screenshots thread.

It was enjoyable, good but nothing great or incredible.

Also, the only purpose of the characters is to slightly alter the dialogue and act as extra lives. They do not vary in skill, capabilities or such.

Pretty trailer, it reminded me of Dead Island's quite a bit.

Too bad that the game itself looks to be just as bad as AVP 2011 was.

I don't have much hope for this after seeing what Gearbox did to Duke Nukem.

for the last time, gearbox didn't make the god damn duke nukem forever.

They did however make the Brothers in Arms series and Borderlands, which were all crap.

They did however make the Brothers in Arms series and Borderlands, which were all crap.

I thought all the BiA games were good. They were too linear, but that was improved upon as the series went on.

New one is going to be lame and stupid though.

They felt too consoley for my taste and I hated that you basically couldn't kill any enemies that were behind cover even if you could see the very tip of their head.

As for Borderlands, it was just extremely shallow and was a terrible port overall.

for the last time, gearbox didn't make the god damn duke nukem forever.

Explain the clunky gameplay mechanics of Borderlands then? Gearbox is nothing more than a glorified modder.

According to the Gametrailers interview, there are no quick time events.

Behind the scenes look...something that bothers me is the inability to dismember the aliens when you shoot them.

At one moment in that video the player blows an alien's head off.

As expected, this looks very disappointing. From the AI and the piss poor sound design, downright to the gameplay. Also, what's with the over sized weapon models? Narrow FoV, i guess. Either way, this looks terrible and reeks of consolitis. Like most recent PC shooters. They should have given the license back to Monolith. Those guys know how to make a fun, fast paced and atmospheric PC shooter. Hell, even their recent somewhat sloppy port of Gotham City Impostors still manages convey the fun and fast paced formula from their previous games and its just oozing with atmosphere. They did themselves a disservice by choosing to go with GFWL and using that broken, half assed matchmaking system. Anyway. I'd cancel this if i were Gearbox Software, unless they want to disappoint the majority of gamers all over again.

''i'd cancel this'' - excellent business model, yes let's put twwix in charge.

''i'd cancel this'' - excellent business model, yes let's put twwix in charge.

Yes. I'd actually save the money for more worthwhile and innovative projects instead of continuing to funnel it into worthless and boring looking crap like this. Just like they should have done with Duke Nukem Forever and the sloppy PC port of Borderlands.

yes because canceling this now would be ''saving money''

lol

yes because canceling this now would be ''saving money''

lol

No, it wouldn't but it would certainly save what little reputation they have left among gamers.

>sega
>reputation
pick one

Looks like I'll be picking this up just for the multiplayer if the hands on impressions are actually accurate.

I don't like how most the videos I am seeing are all based from consoles. Clearly designed with them in favour but nothing new there

I've been really tempted to get this... just because of nostalgia and, well, it's colonial marines. But I still can't shake the feeling that this game is L4D set in the Alien Universe. I also feel uncomfortable that Sega was involved, AVP3 was ****ing horrible.

You can preorder this for 25% off on GMG

GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA

There's some pretty scathing previews out there, which is unfortunate. We'll see I guess. :\

Watched a gameplay video and the pulse rifle the player was using sounded nothing like a pulse rifle :\

I actually don't know why people complain about the pulse sounds so much, I mean, it isn't the movie sound verbatim, but it certainly sounds like the same weapon..

The one neat thing about this game is that supposedly your multiplayer marine is fully customizable, including drawing your own armor graffiti.

Ok, I watched another video and the sound was fine. Maybe it's a slightly different version of the gun or something, but it sounded like a regular assault rifle.

Is it out?

*Googles it

Apparently it's up for pre-order? Am I looking at that right? I'm wary about this franchise since it developed some consolitis in recent releases, and will be looking for reviews here.

I also feel uncomfortable that Sega was involved, AVP3 was ****ing horrible.
That has nothing to do with Sega. It's more the fact that the devs of the original AVP, Rebellion, made AVP2010. Which shouldn't be surprising because every game they have made in the last decade sans 2 games is a gigantic pile of horseshit.

Borderlands 2 left me with a pretty negative impression of Gearbox as a result of their outsourced DLC so I'm decidedly not looking forward to this. If it turns out to be HL2-level greatness then I MIGHT pick it up but for the time being, I'm not giving anything of theirs a second glance. :arms:

Borderlands 2 left me with a pretty negative impression of Gearbox as a result of their outsourced DLC so I'm decidedly not looking forward to this. If it turns out to be HL2-level greatness then I MIGHT pick it up but for the time being, I'm not giving anything of theirs a second glance. :arms:

Ironically, Valve outsourced the first major expansion for Half-Life to Gearbox :V

True, but it was a bit more obvious. Wikipedia doesn't even list the fact the DLCs were outsourced, and there's no indication in-game, while Op4 was very obviously a "Gearbox Software" creation. Plus it wasn't a cash grab :V

Huh? You're the only one I've heard complain about BL2 DLC. I haven't bought any, but I've heard good things.

On the topic of DLC, there is already mention of a "Bug Hunt" DLC "valued at $14.99".... makes me feel pretty wary; that's like 1/3 of the DLC I'd imagine. And a Bug Hunt mode isn't exactly what I look forward to when it comes to big DLC, I want more meat n potatoes. At least one story expansion.​

The game looks like arse on the xbox looking at the early release gameplay videos on youtube. Textures are Doom3 standard and I know the xbox can do better just by looking at Dead Space 3. The PC textures are loads better but not even that can save the game looking at the bugs and AI issues apparent from watching the console version.

Everything I've heard about this has been super negative, which is a real bummer. Not much of a fan of Gearbox but I was excited to see how this would turn out. It's a shame that Sega cancelled the (basically finished) Aliens RPG from Obsidian for this and 2010 AvP.

Yeah, I just saw a few videos someone uploaded and were promptly taken down. This game looks awful. The final boss is also a QTE apparently. I was a freshman in high school when I first heard about this and I was so excited. Now I'm just disappointed.

there is already mention of a "Bug Hunt" DLC "valued at $14.99".... makes me feel pretty wary; that's like 1/3 of the DLC I'd imagine. And a Bug Hunt mode isn't exactly what I look forward to when it comes to big DLC, I want more meat n potatoes. At least one story expansion.
Which is ****ing stupid because that's a mode that should have been in the game already given the subject matter. Charging 15 bucks for a survival mode is goddamned robbery.

Back