Aliens : Colonial Marines

Please tell me that they don't have quick time events on the PC version.

Of course they will? What would they replace them with, just straight cutscenes?

Anything, but quick time events. They just don't work on PC. Do you know how long it took me to finish the final mission in Grand Theft Auto IV? You know the game is shit when you have to tap the keyboard keys like a crazy lab monkey to perform a special action.

dying

218FC

Edit: Oh f*cking wow. Now according to a thread on Neogaf Gearbox only handled the MP while the Sp was outsourced to some shit company. The scores coming in for this game are horrible too. Jesus Christ everything just f*cking crumbled at the last moment. I don't know whether to really believe it or not.

Gearbox have been taking all the credit for this game the entire time, but it will probably end up being detrimental to them.

You've done nothing. The flood gates are opening for different reasons my son. I'm still Gameflying this just because I am holding out a sliver of hope for fun.

I don't know why everyone is expecting some GOTY or something out of this. It's not going to be great, it's going to be a mindless fun shooter. Think of it any more than that and you will have a bad time with it, simple as that.

Yeah let's just lower our standards for games, that'll improve the industry.

It doesn't matter what a few of us do, the industry has already been ruined. Best to just try and have fun with what we got. That's what video games are after all: Time wasters. If they waste my time in an entertaining way, I'm happy.

I mean I'm not happy that we get shit games, but the fact the I didn't buy it (nor will, nor even play it), doesn't excuse the fact that millions will. Casual gamers who don't frequent forums like we do, don't read gaming news like we do. Those are the people they're appealing to. Someone who walks in a Wal-Mart and says "oh an Aliens game. Looks cool.". Sadly, people like us are the minority.

Also I'm not saying "people like us" are better than casuals or anything, they're just greater in number, and people like that basically drive the industry, which is why we have games like that to begin with.

I feel like that might be a bit of a dated view of things at this point. Enough people have been playing games for long enough now that they probably know better than to just grab something off of the shelf because it "looks cool," not with a $60 price tag attached anyway. More likely, the people they're aiming at are the crowd who loved the shit out of Aliens and have been clamoring for a decent video game adaptation (that didn't involve Predators) since, which is not only bound to be a sizeable shitload of people, but the movie is ancient enough by now that the majority of fans have their own incomes and probably just shoved the thing on pre-order the moment the option presented itself.

That and casuals who saw it in Wal-Mart and said, "oh an Aliens game. Looks cool." But I don't believe they're in the majority. Actually, I'd like to think the bad press this is getting will hurt this game's sales in a not-so-insignificant way.

Speaking of bad press, daaaaaaaaayuuuumn. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-12-aliens-colonial-marines-review

Escape mode is fun if you are playing a marine. That's it. Playing an alien is really clunky.

The only thing this game has going for it is escape mode on the marine side. The customization and loadout options are nice, but pointless for a game that fails to have a good structure.

I don't know why everyone is expecting some GOTY or something out of this. It's not going to be great, it's going to be a mindless fun shooter. Think of it any more than that and you will have a bad time with it, simple as that.

No one said "GOTY", stop using strawman.

The thing is, it doesn't even do a good job as a mindless shooter. Easily one of the worst AAA titles I have ever played in my life.

Valid review-

After reading a few reviews and stuff I decided to take back my whole argument, and just say this game is shit and I was wrong. This shit is really really bad from what I've seen.

Watch this shit.

sheeeeeeiiiit.

EDIT:
No one said "GOTY", stop using strawman.
I was clearly over exaggerating for sake of argument, calm the **** down.

Man, even Polycount is hitting it pretty hard, and there's a number of developers who worked on it that are a big part of that community.

Been reading this.

Offers some interesting points on what Aliens should be as a game adaptation:

Article said:
This explains why I've never been quite satisfied with even the bestAliens game. It's the same reason I've never been quite satisfied with even the best zombie games. The most appealing strategic aspect of the film is the defensive aspect, the problem of holing up in a series of rooms, with limited personel and resources, and having to survive. I have yet to play the Aliens game (or the zombie game for that matter) that captures the simple pleasures of building a pillow fort as a kid, which is what it should feel like. I just want to be dropped onto LV-426 with some ammo, food, and some NPCs, and most importantly a welding torch and sentry guns. I want to make my last stand. And I want it to be a hell of a fight.

IGN gave Marines a 4.5, and while I don't usually trust that site, a that low usually points to some glaring issues. I doubt I'll even rent this from gamefly. Bring on Crysis 3, which undoubtedly won't be anything spectacular, but will be decent enough.

I dream of the day we get a System Shock 2 esque Aliens game.

Oddly enough, the game could be a little fun if Bug Hunt was initially included. I am curious how Gearbox will respond to the negative reviews.

I can't help but feel bad for people who pre-ordered based on the demo footage that doesn't actually seem to be in the game. Not only is the location not used, but the AI seems to have changed too, for the worse. It's some serious false advertising and a massive dick move on the developers part IMO.

IMO pre-ordering games isn't a smart move unless it's from a reputable dev like valve or something. All you have to do is wait 1 more day to see reviews and gameplay vids then you can determine if it's good or not. I have no sympathy for those who pre-order shitty games.

I think I'll acquire this legally to see how royally they ****ed everything up.

To be honest I don't understand how they screwed this up so badly. For me Borderlands 2 was one of the best FPS games I've played in the last few years, and I played it in singleplayer. So I was hoping for Aliens Colonial Marines to at least be decent. They do have the skills to produce a quality game, so again WTF happened?

To be honest I don't understand how they screwed this up so badly. For me Borderlands 2 was one of the best FPS games I've played in the last few years, and I played it in singleplayer. So I was hoping for Aliens Colonial Marines to at least be decent. They do have the skills to produce a quality game, so again WTF happened?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Borderlines isn't that good. It's good, but it's not that good. BiA was similarly nothing really special, just filling in a spot and not doing it particularly well.

Gearbox has made one wholly good game: Opposing Force. If you disagree come at me bros.

because it sounds like gearbox didn't have much to do with the single player.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Borderlines isn't that good. It's good, but it's not that good. BiA was similarly nothing really special, just filling in a spot and not doing it particularly well.

Have not tried the the DLC, but as for the main game... It actually is that good, for me.

I enjoyed BiA: Hell's Highway more than I did OpFor. So obviously my faith in Gearbox dropped a million pegs when I saw what their next attempt at a BiA game was going to be.

Apparently you all forgot that they're making this game.

Eww Pitchford, of all people, is trying to take his material into a Tarantino'esque tardfest. Roll with that three testicle-dude humor.

Because Randy Pitchford is a lying hack who takes credit for literal shit he did not having anything to do with besides multiplayer portions.
I enjoyed BiA: Hell's Highway more than I did OpFor. So obviously my faith in Gearbox dropped a million pegs when I saw what their next attempt at a BiA game was going to be.

Apparently you all forgot that they're making this game.
I hate that a lot of people didn't enjoy Hell's Highway because that game was really damn good. I didn't get the dislike for it besides people who just outright hate WW2.

Someone sent me the link to this today after I mentioned that I had 'once' considered getting this game. Must admit, I don't understand how things could change so much, for the worse...

It looked like shit even back then, reactions from 18 months ago in this thread are testament to that.

Back