• Yes but not that they are watching us

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • No , not intelligent life

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Earth is unique in the universe

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Okay i think this is a good thread for hl2.net? Am i right ?
So , i want to hear your opinion on ETs! My theory is that aliens really do exist and that they are watching us , and it is just a matter of decades until the first contact.

Oh , and BTW any making fun of this thread will be considered gay.If you don't have anything smart to say then don't say anything

Okay i think this is a good thread for hl2.net? Am i right ?

No. You suck, this thread sucks, and your use of gay as an insult sucks even more. Get the fuck out of here, you ignorant cunt.

Also, aliens will not be able to contact us. They will simply destroy us.

No. You suck, this thread sucks, and your use of gay as an insult sucks even more. Get the fuck out of here, you ignorant cunt.

If hl2.net is so hostile to newcomers , why is the registration option still available?.If you think that this thread sucks , if you have a IQ above 90, you could have said it nicely.

If hl2.net is so hostile to newcomers

Not everyone's so hostile :cat:

I believe in aliens, but only the blue skinned female variety with 3 huge pairs of breasts. Anything else is just crazy talk.

Intelligent life? Quite possibly. Interstellar civilisations? Doubtful.

What a boring, narrow range of options you have provided for us in this poll -.-

There's already a perfectly legitimate thread to discuss alien stuff in on the main page.

barbar, this forum is generally welcoming, despite being harsh when it comes to some members. If you want to enjoy your stay and not anger the mods(they are easily irritable... especially the two that are offspring of Satan himself), you need to tone down your presence a bit by being less flamboyant.

By the way, this isn't a bad thread for discussion, other then there already being an alien discussion thread on the front page already. Well, and your last line in the OP.

Seriously what the ****?
Give the guy a break.

No I don't really belive in Aliens. Whould be cool I guess.

the odds are definately for life somewhere else in the universe. whether or not they're as advanced/more advanced as us is something i'd be skeptical about.

You know, there might be fishes under the icefields of Europe. I mean the planet.

Whoah, that's not a very nice attitude. Bypassing the cuss filter gets you points.

On the topic of aliens, there is not enough evidence to make a statement on the fact. There will always be more unknown space where aliens might exist, but there is no certainty of them existing. And without some sort of ftl, for all intents and purposes we can just say that aliens don't exist because we won't be seeing much of them except for radio waves.

There HAS to be more life out there. Because, humans are boring. We are in no way shape or form Empire Builders. I see us doing a Covenant kinda thing, and being the Explorers/Warriors of the Universe.

I believe there is live out there. The whole "They are among us!" is a little far fetched, though.

Seriously what the ****?
Give the guy a break.

No I don't really belive in Aliens. Whould be cool I guess.

i agree with rizzo in every aspect of that post.

barbar, this forum is generally welcoming, despite being harsh when it comes to some members.

yes. i tend to agree

My opinion on ET

They are ****tards.

I strongly believe there are other races of intelligent life. Whether or not they are billions of years old is a different question.

That leaves a lot of time before us for life to spawn. The only problem with this idea is the beginning of the universe contained population 2 stars, stars which did not have any significant amount of metal in them. Only until population 1 stars began to evolve is when the necessary ingredients for life were put into place. Supernovas are one of the biggest reasons we exist today.

Humans have only been around for what, 2 million years? If there is some kind of galactic empire or something, do you think huimans would even be ready for it? I think not, so what is there reason for contacting us? It's like passing an anthill while in a car, why stop for something so insignificant.

OP needs to learn to use his keyboard.

Didn't you ever learn the rules of internet grammar? Take the spaces out after periods and put them in front of the commas, lowercase your Is and remove half of the normal punctuation.

I believe in the lack of certainty in our knowledge about the Universe. Believing in extraterrestrials directly is like believing in a god or reincarnation or in anything else we can't prove. I have to abstain from voting though, because your poll options require choosing between "yes I believe" or "no they don't exist." My perfect option would be "I don't know, but their existence is possible."

I believe in the lack of certainty in our knowledge about the Universe. Believing in extraterrestrials directly is like believing in a god or reincarnation or in anything else we can't prove.

I find it likely that someday faraway, we will be living on other planets.

Other planets? Yeah eventually.
Other solar systems? Possibly, and if so not for an immensely long time. Unless some aliens appear and give us their speedhax tech, lolol!!1

We could always get lucky and be attacked by the formics.

I believe that intelligent extraterrestrial life exists and probably in great quantities but I'd be very surprised to find out that they've actually been here or know we exist (and also frightened).

If you've got time to burn here's a pretty good read on the subject - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

I like to think there's intelligent life out there somewhere, but I think there's a good chance that if there is, it could just be too alien for any real meaningful communication to take place. Or so far removed from what we consider life that it'd just be a total mind****. Also - UFOs = alien probes :borg:

You are a dick.
ET gonna pwn you in the bum.

If you imagine our solar system is a grain of sand in the sahara, scratch that. Imagine if Earth was a dust bowl . The possibilities for intelligent life are endless. You never know some ancient civilisation like the reapers may be keeping an eye on our progress or simply stealing our natural resources. Bastards!

Its close to impossible that there isnt any other life-form in the universe...
Nebula's (big space clouds in which stars are born... ****ing huge things) are entirely made up of Amino Acids, which are the building blocks of life.

There's a book called "probability 1" (think thats the name, not sure) which explains why its very very very logical that we're not alone.

As for "small-bipedal-human-looking-and-raping-b-movie-quality-aliens" drawing circles in corn fields as a mind**** after traveling at least a few lightyears (which takes a **** load of effort and energy) just to say "hello" or to probe your anus.... sounds simply stupid/retarded.

-dodo

If hl2.net is so hostile to newcomers , why is the registration option still available?.If you think that this thread sucks , if you have a IQ above 90, you could have said it nicely.
It's not hostile necessarily, but it will be if you use gay as an insult within less than 40 posts. Besides, it's a rather silly thing to ask. No adult I know actually think aliens are watching us.

Back