Alyx Lovin'

Is the One Free Man gonna get his Alyx on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Lord Raken really just take my silly G-Man sex joke and turn it into a serious suggestion?

He did.

And for the record, i don't think a sex scene ingame fits half life... Definetly not in Episode 3.
I mean, Eli just got his brain scrambled.

Yeah, but in High Fidelity after the chick's father dies she's all like OMG JOHN CUSACK GIVE ME SEXXORS so you never know.

No, we do know...

Why would a perfectly excellent game creation company like Valve put a sex scene in a 15 rated game. It makes no sense and that is not the point of Gordon and Alyx's relationship. They are either going to destroy it horribly or it will seem terrible when Gman takes Gordon away again, having him possibly never see Alyx again.

lol the poll is a joke, I don't actually think there's any chance of an actual sex scene, but it does seem possible it will be implied.

Yeh, true word Ennui, true words...

No, we do know...

Why would a perfectly excellent game creation company like Valve put a sex scene in a 15 rated game. It makes no sense and that is not the point of Gordon and Alyx's relationship. They are either going to destroy it horribly or it will seem terrible when Gman takes Gordon away again, having him possibly never see Alyx again.
You do know sex isn't always about just inserting Male End A into Female End A (plug & play compatible), right?

Who was it on these forums that used to call sex out of wedlock "soulless" and "mutual masturbation"?

What a douche. Hey, mutual masturbation is a seperate act that is also cool!

Explicit scene? It's the HL universe, people don't even curse here. I'm a bit surprised it's not a PG-13 (well OK, maybe not, but only because of the blood).

Haha, yeah Ennui, i voted for , the "I expect an explicit, fully-interactive sex scene." option, but seriously, i don't.
I see valve continue the tension between Alyx and Gordon, but never have it expressed fully on screen/monitor.
But what do you expect with an option like that?

never have i suggested any explicit material. that would make the game awkward a distract from the main points of the game. The most I would want is maybe an implication scene but nothing more. of course I want to see Alyx and Gordon grow closer together and a good character relationship is about more than how long it takes them to "do it". What I wrote is a hypothetical situation (even that was not explicit) about how Valve might go about working a "sex scene" into the narrative, never once thinking or wishing it to actual be included in the game. There have been plenty of good romances with out explicit sex or even implication of sex. I think an implication in the future HL games is a possibility and maybe a likely one. but those who are really hoping for something steamy need to grow up and learn to use their imagination.
You read my words but are blind to their intent.
learn to read into the meaning and intent of someone's words.

And gaz makes a good point.

Rizzo89 said:
And for the record, i don't think a sex scene ingame fits half life... Definetly not in Episode 3.
I mean, Eli just got his brain scrambled.
Incidentally, I think it's been pretty well-documented that people often respond to death with fornication. I'm not sure what the psycholigical basis for it may be; something to the effect of a 're-affirmation of life' type thing, probably, in very simplistic terms. So in that sense, Alyx wanting to get it on might not be too far off the mark.

I just don't think that would be something Valve would do though, for many of the reasons people have stated in this thread.

Touche. ;)

Presumably it wouldn't be the 'he's dead' part that's the turn-on (for non-necrophiles), but the 'I'm still alive!' part.

Touche. ;)

Presumably it wouldn't be the 'he's dead' part that's the turn-on (for non-necrophiles), but the 'I'm still alive!' part.

said a different way: when faced with the death of some one close to you, especialy one who formed such a center in your life, the whole world around you can seem unstable. you fear that others will slip away so you draw closer to those around you and hold on to them so that you might not lose them too. and in this situation this may lead to Alyx being either sexually needy or sexually aggressive. but most likely she will draw closer to Gordon and if Valve is feeling daring we will get an implication.

no. Gordon is totally gay. Or at least he is when I play it.

Alyx is a nice fag hag though.

I reckon there should be something small (like there was the hug in EP1, and the "suggestion" by Eli in EP2), but I dont see how they would fit anything more into the whole immersive gameplay...

well if i dose happen, then im sure valve will make good looking and mabye put a funny commentary node right before it happens if ya know what i mean ;)

All people, but particularly women, feel a need to attach themselves to a strong father figure or patriarch. It is especially likely that upon the death or removal of the actual father, Eli, the daughter's libidinal attachment to the patriarch will shift to associate itself with the nearest and most convenient substitute, which in this case takes the form of Gordon Freeman.

All people, but particularly women, feel a need to attach themselves to a strong father figure or patriarch. It is especially likely that upon the death or removal of the actual father, Eli, the daughter's libidinal attachment to the patriarch will shift to associate itself with the nearest and most convenient substitute, which in this case takes the form of Gordon Freeman.
I find it difficult to take Sigmen Floyd seriously when he is spinning around and wearing a christmas hat.

you sound like a psychologist :) it makes sense. so we now have psychological reason for something to happen. doesn't mean it will though.

I bet it has a strong foundation in evolutionary psychology.

So...she wanted to do her dad all along. Kinda makes sense if you think about it.

Shame Freud is a philosopher and made his musings before even basic understanding of neuro-chemistry.

sulkdodds said:
... the daughter's libidinal attachment to the patriarch will shift to associate itself with the nearest and most convenient substitute, which in this case takes the form of Gordon Freeman.
But since Gordon never gives her any play, it will fall to Dr. Kleiner! ;)

it's not gonna happen. it's so obvious. Gordon's as gay as San Francisco.

if there is a scene, im gessing its going to be at the begginging or the end after everything done, or mabye gordan and alyx get trapped in some kind of ice cave and alyx says

"man gordan its cold in here, got room in that nice.. warm HEV suit of yours *wink* *wink*"

if there is a scene, im gessing its going to be at the begginging or the end after everything done, or mabye gordan and alyx get trapped in some kind of ice cave and alyx says

"man gordan its cold in here, got room in that nice.. warm HEV suit of yours *wink* *wink*"

That's so romantic.

You should write for VALVe.

yeah. it's absolute brilliance. The most perfectly romantic thing I've ever read that could fit into HL2.

You should write for Valve.

i can sense extreme sarcasime in the air, itss... to dense..... *falls over from lack of oxygen* :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back