Alyx Lovin'

Is the One Free Man gonna get his Alyx on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think it's time I made up a real answer...

No, there won't be anything, but maybe an advance by Alyx then fade to black. Something that hints at the possibility at the end of the episodes.

Gordon is not loving Alyx until she changes her clothes and takes a shower. He must be able to smell her from miles away.

I can't see how any "fade to black" scenario is going to work well. The series has always functioned with a continuous, uninterrupted narrative. For all intents and purposes, with the player constricted to Gordon's view, the beginning of Half-Life 2 picks up right where the first game ended. And this has persisted throughout the episodes as well. In fact, the games pretty much necessitate Gordon being plucked away or otherwise incapacitated by their ends in order to avoid having to explain away what Gordon did during the intervening periods you weren't inhabiting his body...

Unless Episode 3 begins with a dramatic shift away from this, I think the expectation of an ending with some Alyx love scene is unrealistic. Ignoring issues of "interaction" (no you won't get a secks mini-game), I think it would just make it difficult for Valve to create a satisfying entry point in the next game. That is, of course, if Valve values consistency. And it's clear a lot of the community does, at least when it comes to a lot of other things. Where the hell would it start? Fade in to Gordon lying on a makeshift love mattress after a night of sex in White Forest? Blah. Not exactly an intro I want. And I don't think this kind of personal, touchy-feely material is appropriate for Half-Life, nor should it be forced down the player's throat so heavily.

That means no ****ing.
No drawn-out love scene.
No "TWO DAYS LATER AT THE BEACH WITH BABY GORDLYX..." unless the G-Man magically extracts Gordon's love juice while in stasis to covertly impregnate Alyx... for whatever reason.
:|

/IMO

Alternatively, they could always use the tried and tested method for skipping the player forward in time:

"Gordon...I love - "
Pause.
"Enjoying yourself, Missster Freeman?"

Alternatively, they could always use the tried and tested method for skipping the player forward in time:

"Gordon...I love - "
Pause.
"Enjoying yourself, Missster Freeman?"

*winner* That would be classic, just freeking classic....
I was thinking something like having Alxy start to give Gordon a hug, and a fade to black. But I like this one...

I'm really, really looking forward to ?Dark Alyx.? Only less lame. Valve have a chance to do something very innovative, very intriguing with her character. I was actually starting to get fatigued of Alyx toward the end of Episode 2 but now they have an amazing opportunity to spice things up, do things differently.

It should be awesome.

**SPOILER ALERT!!!**

She is gonna be "Emo-Alyx" and shows up in Episode Three wearing gothic clothes and makeup, and drawing 666 to the walls. She will also paint the helicopter black before we start to move towards Borealis.

I can't see how any "fade to black" scenario is going to work well. The series has always functioned with a continuous, uninterrupted narrative. For all intents and purposes, with the player constricted to Gordon's view, the beginning of Half-Life 2 picks up right where the first game ended. And this has persisted throughout the episodes as well. In fact, the games pretty much necessitate Gordon being plucked away or otherwise incapacitated by their ends in order to avoid having to explain away what Gordon did during the intervening periods you weren't inhabiting his body...

Unless Episode 3 begins with a dramatic shift away from this, I think the expectation of an ending with some Alyx love scene is unrealistic. Ignoring issues of "interaction" (no you won't get a secks mini-game), I think it would just make it difficult for Valve to create a satisfying entry point in the next game. That is, of course, if Valve values consistency. And it's clear a lot of the community does, at least when it comes to a lot of other things. Where the hell would it start? Fade in to Gordon lying on a makeshift love mattress after a night of sex in White Forest? Blah. Not exactly an intro I want. And I don't think this kind of personal, touchy-feely material is appropriate for Half-Life, nor should it be forced down the player's throat so heavily.

That means no ****ing.
No drawn-out love scene.
No "TWO DAYS LATER AT THE BEACH WITH BABY GORDLYX..." unless the G-Man magically extracts Gordon's love juice while in stasis to covertly impregnate Alyx... for whatever reason.
:|

/IMO

Not that kind of fade to black, something more PG. Like...

Gordon reaches the end of the story with Alyx, and she says something like, "Well, it's finally over..."

And walks towards you. And then it ends. Leaves a lot to answer, but some would presume that yes, she might do sometin.

I was using an extreme example, but it's not as if there aren't posts around this forum wishing for such.

I still think that the mechanics of any ending like it don't fit into the Half-Life series, unless there was some kind of intervention like what Sulk described. If there is to be romance, it would be best kept short, if not rudely interrupted.

Well, seeing as there might not be an Alyx at the end of Ep. 3 (which is unlikely considering the amount of info we have on EP. 3), things should play out with no romance at all. Is it me or does Valve like to leave lots of loose ends..

**SPOILER ALERT!!!**

She is gonna be "Emo-Alyx" and shows up in Episode Three wearing gothic clothes and makeup, and drawing 666 to the walls. She will also paint the helicopter black before we start to move towards Borealis.

That's a little stupid. The Combine would spot you coming!

If there's any dark side of Alyx to kick in it'll be of hate and vengeance for Eli. It won't turn her into something like that.

That's a little stupid. The Combine would spot you coming!

If there's any dark side of Alyx to kick in it'll be of hate and vengeance for Eli. It won't turn her into something like that.

............................................________
....................................,.-??...................``~.,
.............................,.-?...................................?-.,
.........................,/...............................................?:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:?........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....?~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....?~,_........?~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......?=,_.......?-,_.......,.-~-,},.~?;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......?=-._......?;,,./`..../?............../
...,,,___.\`~,......?~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-?
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

I would not want a dark, possessed and driven by vengence Alyx. It would be so incredible stupid and cliche in so many ways. I'd perfer they make her more depressed, lost and sad than anything else.

Thats just it though. Are valve going to make a vengence driven alyx for Ep3 or are they going to make her weaker because of her recent loss? Its a hard choice and has good and bad points in both ways.

i honestly think Alyx will unleash her feelings for Gordon, her mind will be all over the place since her fathers death.

Here is my opinion.

IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

I'm not going to even read all of your arguments.

IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

I would not want a dark, possessed and driven by vengence Alyx. It would be so incredible stupid and cliche in so many ways. I'd perfer they make her more depressed, lost and sad than anything else.

I agree. now these character aspects will be present but they will not be Alyx's defining characteristics. of course she will be grieving and will not be in the mood to joke, but underneath the fresh pain she will still be Alyx. her personality will change but fundamentally she will remain much the same.... and like always heal with time though the pain never quite goes away. One thing I have seen is that when dealing with loss those who are grieving draw closer to friends family and loved ones. Alyx will draw closer to Gordon and over time maybe not in Ep3 but latter she may recover. I will wait hopefully to hear her first joke, laugh, or see her smile.

Anything beyond more hugs and the like seems really unlikely to me ... although Valve seemed to go to great lengths in Episode 2 to point you in that direction. They like to tease us though. Just like Alyx.

Just as a side though/question. What does Alyx's hair look like when she "lets it down"?.... it appears that she has it done up with some kind of head band.

............................................________
....................................,.-??...................``~.,
.............................,.-?...................................?-.,
.........................,/...............................................?:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:?........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....?~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....?~,_........?~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......?=,_.......?-,_.......,.-~-,},.~?;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......?=-._......?;,,./`..../?............../
...,,,___.\`~,......?~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-?
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Sorry, I'm missing something. What is this? I see the hands, I just don't know what he is holding (or she).

Sorry, I'm missing something. What is this? I see the hands, I just don't know what he is holding (or she).

facepalm.jpeg

Maybe Gordon will meet Chell and realize that she is just as awkward, quiet, quick thinking, and puzzle solving as he is.

They'll find that connection, he'll ditch Alyx (because she is more like a sister after all) and Gordon and Chell will bang the shit out of each other. Do some nasty-ass portal sex, stick dick in one portal, comes out the other into her Va-jay-jay. Maybe Gordon will punt a dildo with his gravity gun into her anus as well. Ep.3 is gunna be raunchy people, I'm tellin' ya. :thumbs:

Ten bucks says one of them will die before that happens. Also, i voted No because that would be weird.

Would be hilarious if Valve pulled a Berserk on us - Alyx getting raped by G-man in front of Gordon, Gordon being held down by some kind of ?ber enemy chewing his arm off...

Would be hilarious if Valve pulled a Berserk on us - Alyx getting raped by G-man in front of Gordon, Gordon being held down by some kind of ?ber enemy chewing his arm off...
Err... right. Absolutely Hillary Arse.

Tbqfh, I would rather have some amazing, epic ending at the end of EP3, not some cliche and disturbing sex scene with the girl.

As much as I am attracted to Alyx, I mean would totally go for it if she was real and I knew her lol, but if valve want quality, delving into sex scenes and kisses is a bad move, because for a start, a sex scene in ANY game I have witnessed has always made me laugh my arse off or just made me feel completely awkward and uncomfortable. A kiss on a the lips, as other people pointed out, wouldn't look good at all in all ways they could do it.

The hug obviously worked well so we could see a few more of them probably, and at the very most, a peck on the cheek, you go beyond that in terms of physical confrontations then it will be shit. I would like to see a deeper relationship expand with Alyx amogst all the other stuff that will be going on, but more through her character, like seeing how her character has changed after her fathers death is one of the things I am most exited about.

Tbqfh, I would rather have some amazing, epic ending at the end of EP3, not some cliche and disturbing sex scene with the girl.

As much as I am attracted to Alyx, I mean would totally go for it if she was real and I knew her lol, but if valve want quality, delving into sex scenes and kisses is a bad move, because for a start, a sex scene in ANY game I have witnessed has always made me laugh my arse off or just made me feel completely awkward and uncomfortable. A kiss on a the lips, as other people pointed out, wouldn't look good at all in all ways they could do it.

The hug obviously worked well so we could see a few more of them probably, and at the very most, a peck on the cheek, you go beyond that in terms of physical confrontations then it will be shit. I would like to see a deeper relationship expand with Alyx amogst all the other stuff that will be going on, but more through her character, like seeing how her character has changed after her fathers death is one of the things I am most exited about.

a "sex scene" if it is included should not be at the end, I agree fully with you on that. Heck having it in Ep3 might be too soon. no matter how deep and involving the Gordon (you) Alyx relationship is there is a bigger (but not necessarily better) plot line driving the story. so having a side plot/romance end an Ep would be weird. It would be place within the games maybe in the last half of whatever Episode they put it in (if they do). It won't be graphic, and will probably fade out before it gets too far. after which you will either: 1 dream about some important info relating to Alyx and where she stands in relation to you, the G-man, exe, 2 G-man talks to you in your sleep doing his "G-man thing" + a smart comment "well... Dr. Freeman... I am.. Glad that you have ... Managed to receive some.... Pl... Pleasure out of your situation." and then "I was informed that this might happen. in fact it is not something wholly undesirable." or 3 the vorts come to you (and Alyx maybe) and they explain some things or hint at things, giving some more clues as to the significance of Gordon's and Alyx's relations ship. when the visions are over your "wake up" and either: 1 Alyx will be leaning over you smiling and say "Wake up sleepy", Wake up Stud.", or simply "good morning" she would be earing some type of clothing for this one , or 2 you wake up and she is still sleeping you get up and find your HEV suit hanging on a rack in the corner. you look back to the bed and Alyx will be lying there mostly covered by a blanket but what you can see of her suggests that she is not wearing much (if anything) and at this point all the childish ones can jump around the room singing "I got Laid, I got Laid!", on a more thankful note you will finally be glad you can NOT see Gordon's legs. you wil put on the HEV suit and go do some stuff and at some fpoint Alyx will come in and make a sly comment to you... and then it is down to business (what ever that may be).

Maybe Gordon will meet Chell and realize that she is just as awkward, quiet, quick thinking, and puzzle solving as he is.

They'll find that connection, he'll ditch Alyx (because she is more like a sister after all) and Gordon and Chell will bang the shit out of each other. Do some nasty-ass portal sex, stick dick in one portal, comes out the other into her Va-jay-jay. Maybe Gordon will punt a dildo with his gravity gun into her anus as well. Ep.3 is gunna be raunchy people, I'm tellin' ya. :thumbs:

I LOLD SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back