Andrew Andrew Reiner hinting towards Half Life 3?

GothicFighter

Reaction score
Andrew Reiner, executive editor of Game Informer is hinting towards big news for their February Issue cover reveal. He claims that there will be 5 game reveals in the issue, one being the cover story.

"The most popular cover guesses are TES: V, Mass Effect 3, and Half-Life 3."
One Twitter user, LeonSmrgshboard asks Andrew whether or not the big reveal has been previously announced. Andrew tells him that "It is a secret I have been keeping since 2009." Both TES: V and Mass Effect 3 were announced at the VGAs last night! And while I may be alone in this thinking, 2009 seems just around the right time-frame for HL3's development.

While Browsing Andrew's twitter I have come across some quite intriguing notes:

-Big news coming on www.gameinformer.com tomorrow.

-@MrTissueBox We have 5 huge reveals in the next issue. You'll find out what they are soon!

-@LeonSmrgshboard I've been keeping this secret since 2009. And you'll find out our cover soon enough.

Whether or not this is Half Life 3, I do find it interesting that Andrew mentioned it as a popular possibility. Plus, with 5 games being revealed, could this be our moment?

Discuss.

This is not mine, was posted by Spiah on Steam Forums.

No. He's just confirming that people are stupid and keep asking about a game that has never been announced.

I think its funny that without any sort of valid confirmation people will assume it's a half-life game. It could be Portal 2, Or DOTA. There's no way to tell. You'd be smart not to get your hopes up. If you're surprised by the issue, it'll make it all the more awesome if you weren't expecting to see half-life, right? Don't ruin it for yourself by assuming.

I think it's highly unlikely Valve would dilute their media coverage of Portal 2 with the largest distraction in publicity they could ever wish to unveil. Smaller projects are a possibility. I'll pay some attention to the rumour mill post February.

I think it's highly unlikely Valve would dilute their media coverage of Portal 2 with the largest distraction in publicity they could ever wish to unveil. Smaller projects are a possibility. I'll pay some attention to the rumour mill post February.

April.

Isn't that true of EP3 as well? Has it been officially announced yet?
Valve have said that they are making Episode Three in the past, but it has not been officially announced. It's kind of weird in that they have previously announced it, they just haven't officially announced it yet.

agreed- I think they'll immediately switch to EP3/HL3 by having a trailer hidden at the end of Portal 2.

I hope so anyway :(

2011? Unlikely, in my opinion. With Portal 2 and that Dota thing, Valve will surely avoid an overcrowding. A teaser trailer or some piece of news with Portal 2, that's a more reasonable possibility.

Back