Any recommedations for platformers??

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56031

I've only just realised today actually that one of the genres i miss the most from my childhood is platformers, so i want to get into playing some more.
Please recommend me what you can think of but preferably i'd like something in the vein of crash bandicoot, mario or spyro.

Also please stick to 360/pc/ps3 if you can, i dont have a wii, ds or psp but may check out what their respective successors are like tho as their lineup pans out (tho i'll be damned if i'm buying a wii again just for SMG :|).

PS: Platformers I've played that I can think of include LittleBigPlanet, Limbo, Splosion Man and Braid but to be honest i was not a big fan of any of those =/
And VVVVVV and super meat boy but they're not what i'm looking for right now (seem to be more challenge focused than just fun, ya know?)

If you haven't done the Ratchet & Clank games and own a PStriple, you're severely missing out.

Also not traditional "playformer" games but Uncharted Drake's Fortune / Among Thieves

http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Future-Crack-Playstation-3/dp/B00275A7LI
http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1305153264&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1305153264&sr=1-4 (sort of an episode, think this can be bought on PSN, so don't order it online)

Abe's Oddysee/Exodus. Pretty cheap on steam.

All the Mega Drive Sonic games and Ristar.

Were the 'modern' Spyro games any good?

Those were one of my fav platformer series on the PSX.

Well, I'd call them platformers anyway.

Thanks for some of those recommendations guys, i'll check them out :)

Were the 'modern' Spyro games any good?
NNNNOOOOOOOO!! D=
Stick to spyro 1,2 and 3 and pretend the others never happened.

this is spyro nowdays =s
184_24023_Spyro_Skylanders_a.jpg

Thanks for some of those recommendations guys, i'll check them out :)

NNNNOOOOOOOO!! D=
Stick to spyro 1,2 and 3 and pretend the others never happened.

this is spyro nowdays =s
184_24023_Spyro_Skylanders_a.jpg

What the **** did they do?:(

How about the 360 Banjo Kazooie remake? That's an awesome platformer.

(tho i'll be damned if i'm buying a wii again just for SMG :|)

Don't forget SMG 2, New Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Kirby and Lost Winds 1 & 2. The Wii's untouched when it comes to platform games.

I've played neither of those.

Heard lots of good things about them though.

Shame it's so hard to find the time to play all the old games one wants to these days because of how big the industry has become!

****ing capitalism, why does it work!

Trine is pretty fun and to further TheOneFreeMan, Lost Vikings 2: Norse by Norse West is a good shout too.

Don't forget SMG 2, New Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Kirby and Lost Winds 1 & 2. The Wii's untouched when it comes to platform games.

LOL i know, i know :LOL:
I'll just need to keep an eye out on the cafe (almost certainly backwards compatible aswell)

I'll just need to keep an eye out on the cafe (almost certainly backwards compatible aswell)

It better be! I'd pay the price just for reliable upscaling ala the Dolphin emulator (minus the reliable bit).

Seriously though, Banzo Kazooie - ****ing great platform game.

Back